Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

On 4/19/2020 at 9:28 PM, Randolph Duke said:

One of these days, there will be an aggy so-phisticated enough to understand some high-falutin' big city types don't have to go to no bank when them is a-needin' to borrow some moneys.

No wonder the legislature refuses to allow the aggy Board of Regents to oversee any publicly-funded endowment assets.

The ags borrowed $350 million @5% (taxable muni bond) and scraped up $135 million in cash for their stadium. The SEZ project at UT Austin was $175 million, all cash, no debt. UT put more actual cash into their stadium project than A&M put into Kyle Field.

According to the latest 12th Man Foundation report, the foundation alone is committed to funding $390 million of future principal and interest to pay off the stadium. This is in addition to the student fee, the local hotel tax, etc that has to still be paid over the next 23 years to pay off the aggy stadium.

If the college football season doesn't get played this fall, expect John Sharp to beg for another bailout during the 2021 legislative session. If there is no season this fall, aggy athletics will (once again) have to "borrow" money from the academic side. That money will need to come from the taxpayers.

Apparently, finance and/or math courses are not taught at aggyland.

• Replies 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

7 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

WTF?

Taxable municipal bonds are generally issued to finance an activity that is deemed not to provide a major benefit to the public. This means that the federal government will not grant a tax-exemption status to these projects.”

The Kyle Field rebuild was deemed not to provide a major benefit to the public. The bond income on the aggy field debt is taxable.

• Like 2

Here is a perfect example of aggy culture.  No facts, no citations so people can verify anything. Just pure fish camp quality fabrications that lead to the conclusion determined at the outset. 

This is why aggys are not allowed to participate when grownups are solving problems. This is a trade school education at work. This is first grade level logic.

Sadly, this is the quality of “education” offered the taxpayers in return for the vast resources provided the state’s agricultural branch college. Stop and think- how many incoming freshman has anyone heard of who pay for their college sports passes not only before they enroll, but even before their high school prom, let alone before graduation. Yet, this aggy is supposedly multiple high school kids planning on attending Texas A&M who have allegedly reported that they are doing exactly that. Bullshit.

A common trait of aggys is they don’t think past aggy-level logic whether what they are fabricating even makes sense. The alumni aren’t sure whether to pay for season tickets which are coming due, but aggy-level high school kids who don’t have to pay for sports passes until the fall when they officially enroll are already buying them in droves. Sure, redneck. Sure they are. Lol. 

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M. 

Let's think about this. The seat licenses were to paid over 5-10 and account for over 40% of the 30 year note. What was going to happen to all that extra money? We got a low interest bond and invested the seat license money at a higher rate of return. Meaning, there is money in the investment to make the bond payment.  

Even assuming we only have 7 of the 10 years and no one paid early, that means we brought in 21/30 of 40% of the bond. We can cover this years bond payment with the ~7 years of bond payments we have stashed. On top of that, bonds like this usually get interest payments every 6 months and the face value (principle) is paid out at the end of the 30 years. On the books, you probably want to account for and accumulate the principle over the 30 years, but you don't have to pay it out until the end. 

On the flip side, the ticket sale portion (another 40+%) was funded on 80% occupancy over the 30 years. Yeah, we could be way down this year, but there is time to make up that shortfall with a nearly full stadium (90-95%) in future years.

I'm guessing the HoT revenue is down, so the university and local govts will have to work out if they defer payments on that, but it was only a few %. Same with the students if they can't go to the games.

BTW, I've heard from incoming freshman who are buying sports passes. The students will be there to the extent they are allowed.” https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3107425/last#last

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Taxable municipal bonds are generally issued to finance an activity that is deemed not to provide a major benefit to the public. This means that the federal government will not grant a tax-exemption status to these projects.”

The Kyle Field rebuild was deemed not to provide a major benefit to the public. The bond income on the aggy field debt is taxable.

56 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Govt nailed that one, didn't they?

I'm part of the public, and I benefit everytime they lose a conference game in their new stadium. But I guess it would have been the same watching them lose in the old tackle box.

On top of that, bonds like this usually get interest payments every 6 months and the face value (principle) is paid out at the end of the 30 years. On the books, you probably want to account for and accumulate the principle over the 30 years, but you don't have to pay it out until the end. 

High-finance aggy has never heard of sinking funds.

Let's think about this. The seat licenses were to paid over 5-10 and account for over 40% of the 30 year note. What was going to happen to all that extra money? We got a low interest bond and invested the seat license money at a higher rate of return.

I hope they put the seat license money in the stock market as part of this incredible arbitrage scheme.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I hope they put the seat license money in the stock market as part of this incredible arbitrage scheme.  

Those stupid fuckers and their "we invested all the money" garbage is indicative of the "sophistication" of the aggy-level education. I'm not even bother going into how many levels of wrong that poor redneck is. I defy any aggy to show me any Texas A&M or 12th Man Foundation document that shows even the aggregate amount of the "investment portfolio" where even one dollar of the Kyle Field capital facilities pledges were directed to. Other than in redneck fish camp fairy tales, there is no such investment portfolio, and there never was one.

By the way, last year, the ags refinanced their stadium bonds. This isn't all the Kyle Field debt. There's more.

Not only isn't their football facility fully paid for, their stadium isn't slated to actually be paid off until at least 2048.

aggy bond schedule 2048.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 3:01 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I also have fond memories of the Aggy band 1981 performance at Rice stadium.  Some of the MOB members blew whistles during the aggy band performance causing a section to make their turn too soon.  The entire performance collapsed and the aggy band just had to leave the field in total confusion.  It was especially gratifying because my then BIL, who was your typical obnoxious corps turd, was a member. 

That is my all-time favorite halftime show. And I was in LHB.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 3:01 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I also have fond memories of the Aggy band 1981 performance at Rice stadium.  Some of the MOB members blew whistles during the aggy band performance causing a section to make their turn too soon.  The entire performance collapsed and the aggy band just had to leave the field in total confusion.  It was especially gratifying because my then BIL, who was your typical obnoxious corps turd, was a member. 

My favorite aggy band memory occurred in 1974 in Austin when during aggy band at halftime show, the top half of a white tuba horn fell to the ground messing up their marching routine because having to step around it.  This combined with several of the yard line markers they put down blew over from the very strong and gusty arctic winds.  Wind chill during game was bitter cold but the crowd laughed ass off at aggy halftime cluster fuck show.  Also, Texas curb stomped aggy that day.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

COLLEGE STATION, Tex. (KBTX) - College Station police have arrested Vernon Jackson, 20, for assault family violence strangulation. 

According to online police records, Jackson went over to a woman’s home on March 4 to look for his wallet. While he was there, he demanded the woman give him the passcode to her phone.

The police report says that the woman denied Jackson's request, and then Jackson repeatedly choked her and prevented her from breathing. He also allegedly slammed her head against the floor.

The woman reportedly had bruises on her arms and throat. Jackson told police the argument never got physical.

Jackson was recruited to play football for Texas A&M University in 2018. Texas A&M Athletics confirms Jackson is an enrolled student at A&M but hasn’t played football since his injury last year.

Officials with the athletic department say protocol will be enacted following these allegations. 

8 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

COLLEGE STATION, Tex. (KBTX) - College Station police have arrested Vernon Jackson, 20, for assault family violence strangulation. 

According to online police records, Jackson went over to a woman’s home on March 4 to look for his wallet. While he was there, he demanded the woman give him the passcode to her phone.

The police report says that the woman denied Jackson's request, and then Jackson repeatedly choked her and prevented her from breathing. He also allegedly slammed her head against the floor.

The woman reportedly had bruises on her arms and throat. Jackson told police the argument never got physical.

Jackson was recruited to play football for Texas A&M University in 2018. Texas A&M Athletics confirms Jackson is an enrolled student at A&M but hasn’t played football since his injury last year.

Officials with the athletic department say protocol will be enacted following these allegations. 

yeah, he'll be suspended for all football summer activities

• Like 1

Harvard missed out on a good one when this one chose Texas A&M instead.

The truly sad thing is those rednecks are taught this type of completely fabricated garbage and they actually believe it to be true.

t.u. paid a buyout to cancel the game in 1994 because they were scared to play us. Then they killed a cadet and we took a cannon on a train to war against them. Those are the facts. I'm not sure how TCU fits into all of this.

3 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Harvard missed out on a good one when this one chose Texas A&M instead.

The truly sad thing is those rednecks are taught this type of completely fabricated garbage and they actually believe it to be true.

Alright, I know it's early, I know I'm still groggy, but what in the ever loving fuck did I just read?  That's got to be regard aggy attempt at trolling.  Either that or the sewage level in the Brazos has reached an all time high.

19 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

i thought he was a medical retirement guy?

7 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Alright, I know it's early, I know I'm still groggy, but what in the ever loving fuck did I just read?  That's got to be regard aggy attempt at trolling.  Either that or the sewage level in the Brazos has reached an all time high.

Lol.

The rednecks were in a discussion about their historic rivalry with TCU and it touched on the 1994 season when the UT/ A&M game was moved to Nov 5 and Texas played Baylor on Thanksgiving weekend.

Evidently, in fish camp, the rednecks were taught to believe the reason the UT/ aggy game was moved was because of "great fear of the mighty sleeping giant" than ran rampant through UT administrators and alumni.

In reality, A&M was on probation in 1994 and their games were not allowed to be broadcast on television, so to fill the planned UT television slot on Thanksgiving, the network asked for the switch and the conference agreed. So, aggys being on probation got erased from aggy fish camp history and got replaced with "sippy were skerred."

The "killed a cadet" is probably a reference to Sessums being killed by the Baylor fans back in 1926. That was accepted as the time frame of the aggy fairy tale that they stole federal property (a field gun used on campus for practice by the cadets in hooking and unhooking to teams of horses) to effect a scheme to murder Baylor students on campus in retaliation (they are actually proud of that fairy tale).

My favorite part of the "aggy intent to commit mass murder on Baylor campus" fairy tale is they never explain how they planned on getting the ammunition. Because there was no artillery range anywhere close to College Station, there was no ammunition stored closer than San Antonio for the surplus field gun they practiced moving around with the horses. The only "ammunition" they would have been issued would have been wooden training rounds.

I don't care what caliber the gun is, it's kind of difficult to use it to commit mass murder of unarmed civilians on a college campus if you don't have any ammunition. But evidently that kind of high-level thinking flies above the aggy mentality.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Have an acquaintance who's kid is going to testify against him. Victim is obviously scared of him, as are others and his dad is an attorney.

Sounds like a total mess and I'm thinking A&M is going to go with the "sweep it under the rug" page from the Baylor playbook. We'll know if they have adopted the whole book if he plays again.

1 hour ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Have an acquaintance who's kid is going to testify against him. Victim is obviously scared of him, as are others and his dad is an attorney.

Sounds like a total mess and I'm thinking A&M is going to go with the "sweep it under the rug" page from the Baylor playbook. We'll know if they have adopted the whole book if he plays again.

He was never going to play again long before this. 

• Like 1

Lol.

The rednecks were in a discussion about their historic rivalry with TCU and it touched on the 1994 season when the UT/ A&M game was moved to Nov 5 and Texas played Baylor on Thanksgiving weekend.

Evidently, in fish camp, the rednecks were taught to believe the reason the UT/ aggy game was moved was because of "great fear of the mighty sleeping giant" than ran rampant through UT administrators and alumni.

In reality, A&M was on probation in 1994 and their games were not allowed to be broadcast on television, so to fill the planned UT television slot on Thanksgiving, the network asked for the switch and the conference agreed. So, aggys being on probation got erased from aggy fish camp history and got replaced with "sippy were skerred."

The "killed a cadet" is probably a reference to Sessums being killed by the Baylor fans back in 1926. That was accepted as the time frame of the aggy fairy tale that they stole federal property (a field gun used on campus for practice by the cadets in hooking and unhooking to teams of horses) to effect a scheme to murder Baylor students on campus in retaliation (they are actually proud of that fairy tale).

My favorite part of the "aggy intent to commit mass murder on Baylor campus" fairy tale is they never explain how they planned on getting the ammunition. Because there was no artillery range anywhere close to College Station, there was no ammunition stored closer than San Antonio for the surplus field gun they practiced moving around with the horses. The only "ammunition" they would have been issued would have been wooden training rounds.

I don't care what caliber the gun is, it's kind of difficult to use it to commit mass murder of unarmed civilians on a college campus if you don't have any ammunition. But evidently that kind of high-level thinking flies above the aggy mentality.

Lord, just when I think that bunch of douche puddles can't get more regarded or delusional they prove me wrong.  Thanks Randy.

"Our only hope to stop this runaway train is to move the game up three weeks!"

I guess it worked though, we kicked their dicks in the dirt the following season and won 11 of the next 16 before they hightailed it out of the conference

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Lol.

In the version I heard decades ago, the Aggies were loading the cannon on a flatbed railroad car when the Texas Rangers intervened to stop them.

1. Did the Aggies  commandeer a train?

2. How did the Texas Rangers know?

3. Why wouldn't the Rangers arrest persons intent on shelling the innocent citizenry of a Texas town?

4. How does anyone get so far lost in their own loony romantic myth that it seems cool that the corps was going to attack Waco with artillery?

5 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:
t.u. paid a buyout to cancel the game in 1994 because they were scared to play us. Then they killed a cadet and we took a cannon on a train to war against them. Those are the facts. I'm not sure how TCU fits into all of this.

They are just a weak team with very little fan support. I've seen games where there are more people on the field than in the stands. They suck so bad and we should never ever lower our standards to be on the same field as them. We gain nothing by doing so.

But OK with doing that for Lamar, ACU, and Texas State.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

But OK with doing that for Lamar, ACU, and Texas State.

They are very good at holding contradictory thoughts in their heads at the same time. 

They fled the Big 12 to get away from bullying unfair tu. tu had nothing to do with their 100 year decision.

Texas has offered to play them more than once. Texas is afraid of the Texas A&M Fightin' Texas Aggies from Texas.

Texas A&M's chancellor or president or collie said they'd play Texas anytime, anywhere. Texas A&M has declined offers and opportunities to play either in a bowl or on the schedule.

All Aggies  take pride in their military history and supposed standing as a military school. Fewer than 2% graduate and serve.

Ironically, they are irony deaf on every front.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

In the version I heard decades ago, the Aggies were loading the cannon on a flatbed railroad car when the Texas Rangers intervened to stop them.

1. Did the Aggies  commandeer a train?

2. How did the Texas Rangers know?

3. Why wouldn't the Rangers arrest persons intent on shelling the innocent citizenry of a Texas town?

4. How does anyone get so far lost in their own loony romantic myth that it seems cool that the corps was going to attack Waco with artillery?

In the John Sharp/New Army version:

1. The train was in a parking lot with the keys still in it.

2. Pete Incaviglia was getting a Big Bite at 7/11 and heard what could only be described as a "ruckus."

3. Bobby Valentine didn't want to blow his cover by stopping them.

spacer.png

4. Willfully spending time around these people has been known to distort one's sense of reality:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

They are just a weak team with very little fan support. I've seen games where there are more people on the field than in the stands. They suck so bad and we should never ever lower our standards to be on the same field as them. We gain nothing by doing so.

It's funny that TCU has 2x the MNC from the same era at aggy's last ('35 and '38).  Another way of saying that is during their height of their "storied" program, TCU was able to accomplish twice as much.  Add a Rose bowl win in modern times; something aggy has not even sniffed.  The jokes write themselves.

• Like 1