Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

43 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

Sadly the wealthy Austin real estate developers were not successful.

Yes, I'm sure all the smart real estate money in Austin and the rest of Texas was keenly interested in the paradise that is Bryan-College Station. I mean, look at how much the area has exploded in development and desirability since dear old Sully, friend of the Black Man, saved it! 

If only my grandpappy had bought a few acres. We'd all be rich!

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

49 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Everything is always everybody else’s fault, so they are the ultimate Karen.

And like any good Karen, she went from “can I speak with the manager” to “I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU WHEN I TELL THE OTHER MOMS ANOUT YOU” in no time at all.

Can we just call them Karen A&M University?  It would solve and clarify so much.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Funny thing is, Sul Ross isnt even an aggy. He was a fucking Baylor grad. Rapelor (the oldest college in the state, fuck u aggy) pretty much saved aggy.

eh. they have made charter changes

Austin College was granted a charter signed by Texas Governor George Wood in November of 1849. Modeled after those of Harvard, Yale, and Princeton, that charter remains in use today, making Austin College the oldest institution of higher education in Texas operating under its original name and charter, as recognized by the State Historical Survey Committee.

4 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Baylor - established 1845

Southwestern - established 1840

I know the history and basis for Baylor to dispute, but F Baylor.

Southwestern doesn't count, they took on other schools charters. Baylor is the oldest, AC is the oldest still using their original charter. 

Edited by NoName

23 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

image.thumb.png.7ed59d3ffe2226e33ba60939c43d63b9.png

Life comes at you fast

image.thumb.png.3d4ef75fd64bebeb12dfdbbc95cc3a5d.png

And here the real Aggy comes out

image.thumb.png.a25194665cf5f1f21322a697c16c9607.png

Moderator takes a side. 

image.thumb.png.91b5cb5757fb0abc7ce31acec679d34a.png

Vandalims is worse than owning other human beings

image.thumb.png.210c32aa37c9131e0913a431fee0e954.png

let's be honest, the clown wig was fucking hilarious. 

wigs on statues are basically always funny to me. but when it's relevant it is even more funny. 

5734135620_34d19716eb_b.jpg

17 hours ago, texaslong said:

Do they always blame crap on UT or Austin? 

No.  they blame Tech too...even though they did it to themselves. Dollar Bill blamed Tech for horseshit( it was later determined to be stink bait) being spread on bus and paint( white shoe polish) on the exterior. https://www.khou.com/article/sports/aggies-buses-vandalized-in-lubbock/285-341053174

It was done by aggy to fire up the aggys, but there is their idiodic integrity on full display.

This man was struck by another aggy swinging binoculars the stands at Jones Stadium.  Of course, it was  Red Raider fans who were blamed.  Fuck these people.  They are the worst.

http://www.dailytoreador.com/archives/mckinney-accuses-tech-administrators-of-cover-up-aggie-threw-punch-at-him/article_06be8824-648b-5464-b8ed-13c8a60e8921.html

Aggy_alamodefender.jpg

• Like 3

Ok, it was promised by that genius John Sharp to be “one of the most significant developments ever in Texas.”

Whoop!

"The center would also supply preventive vaccine for pandemic influenza, and, once it’s up and running, will be able to supply 50 million vaccine doses within four months of receiving a strain of the flu, with initial doses ready in 12 weeks."

Whoop!

Far in excess of a quarter billion dollars given the aggys so they could "serve when called to do so in time of need" and what do the people get from the aggys? A fucking load of horsehsit about a statue of a racist piece of human garbage most known today for murdering blacks because he hated them so virulently, for acting as a traitor against our nation, and for murdering unarmed and defenseless Americans wearing the uniform of the U.S. Army.

The money is all gone (Personally, I would like someone to look into just how much of that was siphoned off for the new A&M football stadium). The aggys still have shown no sign of anything resembling "serving when called to do so in time of need." Still nothing from “one of the most significant developments ever in Texas.” No accountability whatsoever and no explanation from anyone even remotely attached to Texas A&M.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has approved the creation of a $91 million influenza-vaccine manufacturing facility in a joint venture between the Texas A&M University System and GlaxoSmithKline in what Chancellor John Sharp described Tuesday as the state of “one of the most significant developments ever in Texas.”

The facility will speed up the research, development and delivery of vaccines and therapeutics in cases of pandemics or other national emergencies.

The center would also supply preventive vaccine for pandemic influenza, and, once it’s up and running, will be able to supply 50 million vaccine doses within four months of receiving a strain of the flu, with initial doses ready in 12 weeks.

https://www.statesman.com/article/20130326/NEWS/303269670

Edited by Randolph Duke

Anyone want to waste a Saturday riling up aggy?

https://www.facebook.com/events/282527833130178/?active_tab=about

I also find it funny that even in their petition to remove the statue they can't help themselves to take cheap shots at big brother.

https://www.change.org/p/texas-a-m-university-administration-it-s-time-to-remove-the-sully-statue?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=custom_url&recruited_by_id=4261af20-a492-11ea-9c14-7dd65b9ebcda

Edited by MillerEP

So, I'm watching the protests for and against the Sul Ross statue at aggy.  There are, roughly, 150 people on each side.  On one side, you have racial diversity.  On the other side, you have white people.  On one side, you have young people.  On the other side, you have an older skewing crowd wearing lots of maroon.  On one side, lots of people are wearing masks.  On the other side, not so much.  One side is chanting, "Black lives matter".  The other side is doing aggy yells.  The Black Lives Matter group seems better organized and have a leader with a megaphone directing chants.  Now, they're chanting, "Truth, not traditions".  A lady on the other side yells, "Go somewhere else if you don't like our traditions.  UT would be just fine".  The man next to her has a sign that says "aggy traditions matter".  There is absolutely NO social distancing being practiced by anyone including the campus police (this is aggy after all).  After viewing the protests, I think, eventually, the statue will come down.  This issue has legs.  It ain't going away.  Like other things aggy that have fallen by the wayside in attempts to adapt to the real world,  the removal of the statue will be done with much kicking and screaming.  Watching today's confrontation. I felt an enormous amount of pride as a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin.  Hook 'em Horns!

Edited by Harrison Stafford
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jersey Man10 said:

Fuck aggy. They've always been racist.

aggys are mostly historically illiterate. They know their Fish Camp fairy tales, but they have no clue who Sul Ross truly was. And he was a despicable racist who lacked anything close to timeless character traits that should be passed down through the generations. 

Maybe if the aggys want to keep their Sul Ross shrine they can explain to us just how many African Americans a white man can murder based entirely on racial hatred and still be revered in the aggy culture. Is there any limit to interracial murder aggys find objectionable? 

Fuck aggy and their entire redneck, racist, ignorant culture. 

I've actually been amazed at how all the SEC schools haven't imploded with the racism claims because we all know Bama, ole piss and piss st and auburn have some hard ass grand dragons floating around. 

I'm not a big news watcher so if anyone has any stories from any of these inbred south schools I would love to hear it.

25 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I've actually been amazed at how all the SEC schools haven't imploded with the racism claims because we all know Bama, ole piss and piss st and auburn have some hard ass grand dragons floating around. 

I'm not a big news watcher so if anyone has any stories from any of these inbred south schools I would love to hear it.

I think there's a different thing in play when the players are being paid. They know the payments would stop if they spoke up so they will probably stay quiet.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Harrison Stafford said:

aggys concerned with erasing history by removing a statue will be excited to learn about the existence of books.

Sadly, they won’t. aggys are intellectually lazy and have long been satisfied to rely on what they were taught at Fish Camp.

They are stunningly illiterate when it comes to the history of their school and content to  live in ignorance throughout their lives. 

The clock is ticking on the aggy Klan robe collection. That firebomb will probably ignite before long. 

Their ignorance will not serve them well throughout all of this. It sure hasn’t served the people of Texas well at all. 

Too bad the ags don’t play Rice this fall. The MOB doing an “Uncle Tom’s Cabin” halftime show would send an appropriate message to the aggy football team. 

3 hours ago, blacklab said:

I think there's a different thing in play when the players are being paid. They know the payments would stop if they spoke up so they will probably stay quiet.

How long till the obvious happens? Ole Piss Rebels.. You would think they would be the first to go and way before "The eyes of Texas". The mascot is a rebel soldier with a confederate flag haha. No protest of that at all?

Those Bama boys won't say shit with all the money they get.

Sul Ross was not only a racist but he also committed a massacre of women and children during the Battle of the Pease River in Dec. 1860, lied about it, and then kept embellishing the story afterward to make his roll in the battle seem far greater than it actually was.  He was the perfect Aggie. 

22 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Sul Ross was not only a racist but he also committed a massacre of women and children during the Battle of the Pease River in Dec. 1860, lied about it, and then kept embellishing the story afterward to make his roll in the battle seem far greater than it actually was.  He was the perfect Aggie. 

Ever heard of the Jaybird-Woodpecker War? 

Ross had no respect for human rights, for civil rights, or for basic elements of equal justice.

Nothing he stood for represents timeless values. Why he is held out as a paragon of aggy culture has everything to do with the racist nature of the school whose first named president was Jefferson Davis. 

Any black kid, athlete or not, who chooses to attend Texas A&M can rightfully be considered an Uncle Tom. Just as most who attended over the years have largely been subservient Uncle Toms. 

aggy brother-in-law, "tu is on the front page of ESPN because y'all are a bunch of racists."

"So you stand with them on pulling The Eyes"?

"No, you can't trust those people, but it's good everyone knows how racist tu is."

sylvester stallone facepalm GIF

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

How long till the obvious happens? Ole Piss Rebels.. You would think they would be the first to go and way before "The eyes of Texas". The mascot is a rebel soldier with a confederate flag haha. No protest of that at all?

Those Bama boys won't say shit with all the money they get.

yeah...that changed in 2010 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Reb

They went from this until 09

OleMissRebels.jpg

to this until 17

Rebel_Black_Bear.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebel_Black_Bear

to one of the creepiest looking mascots of the last 50+ years - Tony the Landshark

unnamed-3-547x622.jpg

https://www.redcuprebellion.com/2018/8/14/17675796/ole-miss-shark-mascot-landshark-tony-fein-marshall-henderson

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/08/ole_miss_introduces_new_mascot.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_the_Landshark

(it's actually a cool story how they got to that name)

Spoiler

The spirit of the Landshark dates back to 2008, when Ole Miss won the Cotton Bowl after four straight losing seasons. In a moment of celebration that season, senior linebacker and Iraq War veteran Tony Fein made the legendary ‘Fins Up’ gesture after a game-changing play. The rest, of course, is history. Coaches, players and fans alike all rallied behind Fein’s emotional gesture, galvanizing the Landshark both on and off the football field. Even after Fein tragically passed away in 2009, the Ole Miss community continued to honor him and his Landshark spirit, the spirit of a war veteran who was ravenous for victory and fiercely loyal to his team.

2 hours ago, NoName said:

yeah...that changed in 2010 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Reb

They went from this until 09

OleMissRebels.jpg

to this until 17

Rebel_Black_Bear.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebel_Black_Bear

to one of the creepiest looking mascots of the last 50+ years - Tony the Landshark

unnamed-3-547x622.jpg

https://www.redcuprebellion.com/2018/8/14/17675796/ole-miss-shark-mascot-landshark-tony-fein-marshall-henderson

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/08/ole_miss_introduces_new_mascot.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_the_Landshark

(it's actually a cool story how they got to that name)

Reveal hidden contents

The spirit of the Landshark dates back to 2008, when Ole Miss won the Cotton Bowl after four straight losing seasons. In a moment of celebration that season, senior linebacker and Iraq War veteran Tony Fein made the legendary ‘Fins Up’ gesture after a game-changing play. The rest, of course, is history. Coaches, players and fans alike all rallied behind Fein’s emotional gesture, galvanizing the Landshark both on and off the football field. Even after Fein tragically passed away in 2009, the Ole Miss community continued to honor him and his Landshark spirit, the spirit of a war veteran who was ravenous for victory and fiercely loyal to his team.

They can change the actual on-field/court mascot all they want but Ole Miss's nickname is still "Rebels."

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Amazing any recruit would go play for that weird, goofy ass place right @Randolph Duke ?

But what is the end game here? A&M is racist because they're A&M, no black players should go there. UT is racist because a lot of our fans don't want to abandon the "Eyes of Texas", no black players should come here. Every program in the South (so all of the SEC and most of the ACC) is racist because the South is 100% full of racist white Trump voters, no black players should go there. None of the programs on the East or West Coast care about football. 

I guess it's going to be Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, and Penn State in the playoff every year from now on? Or maybe I'm wrong about the West Coast and we can just go back to the Rose Bowl being the only thing that really matters in CFB's post-season. 

36 minutes ago, Viper said:

the thread from bomani's tweet is good too

Moved to Austin from SF in my mid-20s. Couldn’t figure out some guys in the office. Asked about them and he said, “A&M guys” like it should sum everything up. I soon realized it did just that.

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Deej said:

aggy brother-in-law, "tu is on the front page of ESPN because y'all are a bunch of racists."

"So you stand with them on pulling The Eyes"?

"No, you can't trust those people, but it's good everyone knows how racist tu is."

sylvester stallone facepalm GIF

Saw a similar post by an aggy on the SEC rant thread claiming the same thing, but none of the SEC brothas pointed out the obvious.