• Replies 71.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

The aggy anthropology dept just kicked Sharp in the jimmies (yet again). Add them, along with the A&M history department, to the list of individuals who seem ready to review whatever attempts Sharp will make to "whitewash" the Sul Ross matter.

"subtle and overt discrimination against Black students and people of color sadly remains an everyday occurrence in the lives of our fellow Aggies"

https://liberalarts.tamu.edu/anthropology/2020/07/15/2811/

Edit:

The aggy response to the Anthropology Dept letter has been as expected (They must be sips!), but DAMN if those rednecks aren't the most precious little idiotic things out there. One is bleating that the list of signatories to the letter lacks professors who went to A&M for their undergrad. They don't seem to understand that Texas A&M isn't necessarily a hotbed of liberal academic scholarship.

The idiot who wrote this response evidently never lernt about them pronoun thingys. But out of the mouths of babes....

11:52a AG
There is not a single Aggie in this whole group. Regardless of what decision is made, it needs to be made by Aggies, their opinions are garbage on this issue.

Edited by Randolph Duke

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The aggy anthropology dept just kicked Sharp in the jimmies (yet again). Add them, along with the A&M history department, to the list of individuals who seem ready to review whatever attempts Sharp will make to "whitewash" the Sul Ross matter.

Well there goes the funding for that department.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Everybody knew somebody who had a “source”, just like druggies do today.

My grandpa had his own amateur still.. for his private consumption.

My wife did a "meet the neighbors" tour when we moved in to our old farmhouse. It was built in '42, where an old barn used to be.

Turns out one of our neighbors is in his 80s, and let us know that he wasn't old enough to remember it, but his parents used to talk about "those dumbasses who blew up their barn" because they didn't put their still in the woods like proper Carolina moonshiners.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

When the “revenooers” came to town, my grandma hauled grandpa’s still out to a friend's woods.

I have a receipt and a delivery note, along with a photo, of a still my great-uncle bought out of the Sears Roebuck catalog before prohibition started.  Given that it was in Arkansas in the Ozarks, I would have thought he’d be embarrassed he didn’t do it himself,  but apparently he was proud he could afford to buy one.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Wait is this real? Looch actually requested and received bailout money for an online business?

Why do people still think we make this shit up?

Yes. "Bailout Billy" and his redneck friends wallowed at the trough of government bailouts to the tune of somewhere between $350k and $1mil this past April.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 2

I do not begrudge Looch taking the $.  I'm surprised he was able to figure out the forms and the process.

I can't figure out the columns, but looks to me that texaggy employs 17 or 27 people.

The real question is why does it take a fleet of people to run texaggy?   The 2-story office building is ludicrous.  This disclosure of a dozen++ mouths to feed is interesting.

I wonder how many texaggy employee "salaries" are actually payoffs, hush money, bribes or favors to the football department.

Or, maybe the office building has a few rooms dedicated to help with the laundry.

The tax records for the building could reveal clues.

On 7/17/2020 at 11:41 AM, Randolph Duke said:
Regardless of what decision is made, it needs to be made by Aggies, their opinions are garbage on this issue.

That is beautiful. I have never seen such a beautiful piece of unintended irony in the wild. 

I also have a question about Jimbo's contract. If there is no season, does he get his $7.5m anyway? If not, do they extend his contract for every season there is no football?

I prefer the extension plan, but I suspect Jimbo is in a FUPM situation. At least Fran donated a million to the school; I'm sure Jimbo will make some similar gesture to endear himself to Aggies everywhere.

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Why in the blue fuck does a non-retail fanboy website need bailout money?

We have a winner.

The aggy "we is con-servy-tive" bullshit is just that - bullshit. When they see the opportunity to grab a welfare handout that accepting would cause them to either misrepresent their tru need, or their financial position, there isn't an aggy on the planet who isn't for liberal government.

Certainly the people at 308 GB Drive in Shithole Station, Texas are HUGE fans of liberal government.

18 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

That win over LSU has now made it to license plates.  1st reply is gold.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3125464

"Amazing game. Amazing win. Very disappointed we ran onto the field after the game.

For centuries we have belittled and shamed other schools for their student body rushing the field. Then we do it.

Very hypocritical of us and is the only tarnished memory of arguably the best game ever played in college football.

Plate Guy should display these tags with pride as he carries our battle victory banner. I know a few New Army Ags that got this score tattooed on their body.

It was an amazing day."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I have a receipt and a delivery note, along with a photo, of a still my great-uncle bought out of the Sears Roebuck catalog before prohibition started.  Given that it was in Arkansas in the Ozarks, I would have thought he’d be embarrassed he didn’t do it himself,  but apparently he was proud he could afford to buy one.
Imagine how long that took for delivery (assuming he didn't have Prime)

2 hours ago, Thiefery said:

For centuries we have belittled and shamed other schools for their student body rushing the field. Then we do it.

had they really never rushed the field before? I went back and scanned the end of our game in 99 against them and their win over OU in 2002 and the student body doesn't seem to have rushed the field those days (although the Corps does, after every home win, so there's sort of an institutional bar to the students doing it). 

it would be pretty funny if they broke that particular cherry to celebrate a four-loss team beating a three-loss team to secure a Gator Bowl berth

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

had they really never rushed the field before? I went back and scanned the end of our game in 99 against them and their win over OU in 2002 and the student body doesn't seem to have rushed the field those days (although the Corps does, after every home win, so there's sort of an institutional bar to the students doing it). 

it would be pretty funny if they broke that particular cherry to celebrate a four-loss team beating a three-loss team to secure a Gator Bowl berth

Well, you have to win a meaningful game in order to rush the field...so I’m gonna say no. 

29 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Well, you have to win a meaningful game in order to rush the field...so I’m gonna say no. 

counterpoint, they had four losses when they beat two-loss LSU and rushed the field

if that's the standard, if that's all it takes, then it's hard to believe they never celebrated any of their cockroachy wins over their history

Edited by SwanderedTalent

So, back on July 15th, the aggy Anthropology department (which for years boasted the largest collection of fossilized human feces of any major university, which in anthropological circles is actually kind of a big deal, but it's also so aggy I can't even...) posted their take on the Sul Ross statue.

The stuff they wrote about Sul Ross' record (both the good and the bad) has been rehashed plenty elsewhere. Here's the paragraph with their recommendation, though, and it's fairly thoughtful and moderate, all things considered:

Making the decision to move the Sul Ross statue is a statement about what we choose to value in Aggie culture. Taking a stand requires a critical distinction between remembrance and reverence. It is possible to preserve Texas A&M University's history, even the parts that run counter to the core values of today's Aggie community, but it is essential that we present all elements of that history good and bad. We can even ask a further question: how would Sul Ross have defended his decisions and his actions? Telling his full story, warts and all, acknowledges the lived experience of Sul Ross the human being (not the legend), a man who was a product of his time and place. Development of a more comprehensive display that provides both historical and cultural context would create a space for dialogue and for deeper understanding across cultural, social, and political boundaries. We feel that such a comprehensive exhibit would be best presented in the Cushing Memorial Library and Archives.

I personally know many of the signatories. I suppose it's possible that some of the non-signatories have aggy degrees (though I find that doubtful). The ones who have had beer and nachos in my kitchen, though, were all educated elsewhere (interestingly, only one was a Yankee, but he makes up for it by having a huge personal collection of muskets and other early firearms on display in his living room).

Those who I have spoken with this week have all spent the last several days receiving hate mail, much of it inspired by the TexAgs thread currently up and running accusing aggy Anthropology of being the leaders of a corps of young communists.

You don't have to say "Don't ever change, aggy," because rest assured, they won't.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

So, back on July 15th, the aggy Anthropology department (which for years boasted the largest collection of fossilized human feces of any major university, which in anthropological circles is actually kind of a big deal, but it's also so aggy I can't even...) posted their take on the Sul Ross statue.

The stuff they wrote about Sul Ross' record (both the good and the bad) has been rehashed plenty elsewhere. Here's the paragraph with their recommendation, though, and it's fairly thoughtful and moderate, all things considered:

I personally know many of the signatories. I suppose it's possible that some of the non-signatories have aggy degrees (though I find that doubtful). The ones who have had beer and nachos in my kitchen, though, were all educated elsewhere (interestingly, only one was a Yankee, but he makes up for it by having a huge personal collection of muskets and other early firearms on display in his living room).

Those who I have spoken with this week have all spent the last several days receiving hate mail, much of it inspired by the TexAgs thread currently up and running accusing aggy Anthropology of being the leaders of a corps of young communists.

You don't have to say "Don't ever change, aggy," because rest assured, they won't.

What I am finding interesting is how Sharp and the pro-Sully side are parsing facts are lying through intentional omission. What we are seeing is a situation where John Sharp is going to have to lie through his teeth. Whether it is Sharp individually, or through a proxy is immaterial. It's his message. A practiced liar has to craft another, and we all know what he is about to say is completely dishonest. So far, their lies haven't been impressive.

While there are many, here are two obvious aggy lies of intentional ommission:

John Adams wrote: "Ross did indeed serve in the Confederate army, as did thousands of Texans including the entire 1883 inaugural faculty at The University of Texas. He returned home to Waco and received a full presidential pardon." Eventually, every single Confederate up to and including Jefferson Davis received a full presidential pardon. That one particular individual Confederate received a full pardon means nothing.

Also from Adams: "In 1886 he was elected governor by one of the largest percentage vote totals of any governor in Texas." What Adams fails to offer is that the 1886 Texas election was utterly corrupt and saw atrocities against potential Black voters so horrific, the United States Senate convened an investigation that lasted two years and detailed racial atrocities that are so repugnant white kids in Texas high schools and universities are still rarely ever told of that segment of Texas history.

This has the potential to be a good one over in Crackerland. The A&M History Dept already spoke on the subject. Now Anthropology sends a not-too-subtle signal to Sharp that they are going to closely scrutinize whatever bullshit version of aggy "history" Sharp offers up to try and save the statue.

There are rather significant costs for Sharp to keep the statue, and rather significant costs for taking it down. Sharp executed the old "let's form a commission and see if this just dies off on its own over time" defense. Sharp should be working behind the scenes to de-escalate the eventual cost. My read on the Anthropology Dept letter is that they are signaling an intention to publicly call the institution's academic integrity into question if John Sharp offers a whitewashed version of who Sul Ross was, and that any compromise will have to include a mea culpa on who Ross actually was.

*Source for John Adams quotes: https://theeagle.com/opinion/columnists/sul-ross-promoted-education-and-rights-for-african-americans/article_9abf6050-ac75-11ea-a108-e31b2ef460fa.html

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

This has the potential to be a good one over in Crackerland. The A&M History Dept already spoke on the subject. Now Anthropology sends a not-too-subtle signal to Sharp that they are going to closely scrutinize whatever bullshit version of aggy "history" Sharp offers up to try and save the statue.

Yep. I find it interesting that they framed this in such a way that it is possible to integrate "Aggie" into an academic environment that has a positive scholarly spin. I've always felt that way -- they have the potential to be legitimate. But instead, they choose to be "aggy" instead of "Aggie" and aggy the fuck out of everything they do.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Yep. I find it interesting that they framed this in such a way that it is possible to integrate "Aggie" into an academic environment that has a positive scholarly spin. I've always felt that way -- they have the potential to be legitimate. But instead, they choose to be "aggy" instead of "Aggie" and aggy the fuck out of everything they do.

A&M has the potential to be an incredible institution. But they have always been their own worst enemy. This statue bullshit has the potential to be a great moment for the people of Texas.

1) Clear the "aggy" out of A&M administration at the institution AND system level, and replace those people with actual academics and competent administrators.

2) Tell the fat, redneck, idiot alumni "We thank your for your service" and then tell them to fuck off.

3) Establish a clear mission for the institution within a clear public post-secondary education plan in Texas.

Three simple steps. But it will never happen because we lack true leadership in the state legislature.

Meanwhile, the one constant we all have to live with is:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

That win over LSU has now made it to license plates.  1st reply is gold.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3125464

We sure that's not two ags class years?

Girls started graduating in 73.

Gota be husband and wife class yrs.

so, the owner of that license plate is 61 years old. would have "graduated" in the 80's.

Here is a good article. Some aggy chick on video doing a ring day beer chug. Congratulations, you can drink beer.

What I thought was funny was that they spend around $500 mil on a rebuild of their stadium (not even a complete rebuild, at that) and when the school is being discussed on social media the picture is of their old, decrepit stadium. The writer is a LSU guy. Shouldn't the school's brand among writers in their own conference have their new stadium tied to it?

Instances of "old and decrepit" and "aggy" being tied together by sportswriters aside, the comments are rather funny. The threads over there draw in a number of aggy e-defenders. The article comments draw in fewer, so posters get to speak without being shouted down by the cultists.

https://www.secrant.com/texas-aandm-sports/this-texas-aandm-girl-is-a-pitcher-of-beer-chugging-champ/90957435/#comments

32 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

always a fair question-- why us? for all the aspersions people like to cast, there's no South Carolina version of Texas A&M, or Michigan version, or Ohio version. most states have ag colleges, none have Aggies like we do

A&M is truly unique and a dark maroon stain on the state of Texas

19 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

always a fair question-- why us? for all the aspersions people like to cast, there's no South Carolina version of Texas A&M, or Michigan version, or Ohio version. most states have ag colleges, none have Aggies like we do

It's a fascinating culture.

So completely predictable, yet you really have no clue what they are going to fuck up next. And they never exceed expectations, or fail to deliver.

They are so invested in their freak show of a culture, academics long ago became a secondary consideration. They put out an amazing number of amazingly badly educated individuals. None of which have any intellectual curiosity about any topic anyone could ever mention.

Only one year in their history have they managed to make it in the top 50 of the USNWR rankings. No aspirations whatsoever of ever being looked at in the same way as the schools regularly ranked in the top 50.

Bastardized academia, stained by a malignancy, unseen anywhere else in the nation or the English speaking world.

Edited by Randolph Duke

27 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

It's a fascinating culture.

So completely predictable, yet you really have no clue what they are going to fuck up next. And they never exceed expectations, or fail to deliver.

They are so invested in their freak show of a culture, academics long ago became a secondary consideration. They put out an amazing number of amazingly badly educated individuals. None of which have any intellectual curiosity about any topic anyone could ever mention.

Only one year in their history have they managed to make it in the top 50 of the USNWR rankings. No aspirations whatsoever of ever being looked at in the same way as the schools regularly ranked in the top 50.

Bastardized academia, stained by a malignancy, unseen anywhere else in the nation or the English speaking world.

I've watched HBO's Chernobyl miniseries twice, and I really think my fascination there's not with the fuckery of unchecked government power, or the complexity of the science of nuclear energy, or the incredible series of coincidences and human errors that had to happen to cause the meltdown

it's "this is what the entire fucking world would be like if Aggies were a huge majority and ran everything"

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I've watched HBO's Chernobyl miniseries twice, and I really think my fascination there's not with the fuckery of unchecked government power, or the complexity of the science of nuclear energy, or the incredible series of coincidences and human errors that had to happen to cause the meltdown

it's "this is what the entire fucking world would be like if Aggies were a huge majority and ran everything"

Throughout their culture they are extremely inept at looking at a series of facts, and arriving at a logical conclusion. Especially when working in groups. Because the educational style at A&M is largely rote learning and not on meaningful learning,

They leave College Station having been told their education is over and, because of the deficient nature of the Texas A&M education, completely unable to process "if A, then B."

To aggys, if they needed to know "B" they would have been told to memorize "B" while at Texas A&M. Since they weren't, all they know, see, or can process is "A." End of story.

Most others would say "Ok, we agree on "A" but if "A," then "B." And that is where the disconnect starts.

aggys don't care they are mocked for having supposedly obtained a post-secondary education but being unable to connect newly found information with previous knowledge, enabling them to exhibit further understanding. And aggys are ok with being mocked for the lack of this very important intellectual ability because aggys are told others with their same problem intuitively like them as people. That need to have an identity in a group that makes them feel liked is extremely important to aggys as individuals. The aggy cultural mantra is essentially "I love you, you love me. Who cares about what we struggle with because of a poor education."

In the world of aggy, Sul Ross couldn't possibly be a human piece of shit because in high school and at A&M aggys weren't told he was. End of story.

aggys believe they won WWII all by themselves because at A&M they were told only aggys ever served their country, everyone not an aggy never served their country, and aggys won WWII all by themselves. End of story.

A simply fascinating instance of collective ignorance perpetuated behind a false facade of academic integrity. But aggys were never told the facade of academic integrity at Texas A&M is, and long has been, illegitimate. So, to an aggy, the facade of academic integrity at Texas A&M couldn't possibly be illegitimate. End of story.

A truly fascinating culture.

Imagine if academic integrity ever was introduced as a novel concept on the A&M campus. It would blow their little trade school minds.

Edited by Randolph Duke

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I know a certain country that feels your pain.

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

lol

• Like 1

Texags comments on Brock:

"Anyone without extreme bias would rather have Brockermeyer than Fatheree. That is nothing against Fatheree, but Brockermeyer is at a different level.

I am sure you want to win games, but happiness over one elite and one very strong recruit going to a team we must play every year in our own division and conference suggests you hate the longhorns more than you love the aggies winning games."

"Brockermeyer was never coming to A & M so I didn't really care much where he ended up. Bama is going to get great players no matter what and no matter where they come from. I'd rather see the better players playing against our better players in SECW games and Jimbo's focus needs to be and is to get players that can line up and compete against them. Jimbo is doing that and he doesn't really seem to care where he has to go to get them.

The head scratcher to me is why so many Ags even care about texas anymore other than they are a recruiting rival.

As far as the Ags being a national champ contender, you aren't until you are. There are only about 7 or 8 total of them out there right now and about half of them play in our conference. Seriously, think about it.... the number of true contenders is small.... Clemson, Bama, LSU, Georgia, Ohio St, maybe OU, Florida, Auburn. I'm not sure who else you could realistically add to that list at this point . Penn St maybe? It'd be generous to add any others imo. We aren't one of them yet and only time will tell if we'll get there. The recruiting trends indicate it's a possibility and I don't think the Ags are all that far off but our program will continue to be considered "also-rans" until proven otherwise."

Edited by Cairn Horn88

14 hours ago, Thiefery said:

"Amazing game. Amazing win. Very disappointed we ran onto the field after the game.

Very hypocritical of us and is the only tarnished memory of arguably the best game ever played in college football.

Plate Guy should display these tags with pride as he carries our battle victory banner. I know a few New Army Ags that got this score tattooed on their body.

It was an amazing day."

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, markstanco said:
On 7/18/2020 at 10:16 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Imagine how long that took for delivery (assuming he didn't have Prime)

Oh he had prime.  Prime horseback delivery.  

Actually, it was delivered by train to a nearby town.  I'd like to know how they got the money to Sears back then, without it getting stolen.  Do you just mail money in an envelope with a piece of paper that has your order on it?  Did they send a check?  Did they wire it (in this case he paid cash, so it's like how did he do that?). They didn't have retail stores until after 1925.

The intricacies of the ordering and banking system back then are something I've never looked at.  Need to ask armybrat sometime.  Or I could look at a catalog from archive.org

https://archive.org/details/catalogno12400sear_201907/page/n1/mode/2up

edit: Looks like they preferred money orders, bank drafts and checks.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 7:21 AM, Thiefery said:

It was an amazing day."

Aggie-Cup.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3