Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

If you believe Paul Finebaum, it wasn’t “politics,” it was Texas A&M going apeshit that Texas was negotiating a deal and not including A&M in the deal, also. 

https://www.al.com/press-register-sports/2010/04/finebaum_how_texas_nearly_join.html

This is probably my biggest peeve against aggy.   They gleefully went to the sec, when Texas was not invited....the 2nd time around.  Aggy gets legislature involved to prevent Texas from leaving without them, but it’s ok for them.  That’s one scar that will never heal. 

• Replies 71.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 8/18/2020 at 4:32 PM, jTower said:

Army, Texas A&M develop 'Terminator'-style material that can 'heal itself'

Never change aggy. I’ll look forward RD’s detail debunking and a financial analysis of the wasted expense suffered by the taxpayers of Texas  

I call B.S.!!

Skynet- Self aware st 2:14 A.M Eastern time August 29th 1997.

Aggy- No hint of self awareness, possibly even losing ground as of 8:37 CDT August 20th 2020!

23 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

This is probably my biggest peeve against aggy.   They gleefully went to the sec, when Texas was not invited....the 2nd time around.  Aggy gets legislature involved to prevent Texas from leaving without them, but it’s ok for them.  That’s one scar that will never heal. 

I'm sure if Texas wanted to throw it's weight around 10 years ago it could have kept AnM in the big 12.  Texas didn't because they didn't care.  

23 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

They forever complain about being little brother. So they went to SECX3, where they are ...

little brother. 

Never change aggy. You do you. 

On 8/19/2020 at 9:41 AM, Randolph Duke said:

If you believe Paul Finebaum, it wasn’t “politics,” it was Texas A&M going apeshit that Texas was negotiating a deal and not including A&M in the deal, also. 

https://www.al.com/press-register-sports/2010/04/finebaum_how_texas_nearly_join.html

iirc bowtie stated the reason they got redass was when he went ballistic over the quiet talks to go west which took place without them.  they had long forgotten the sec dalliance, that was 20 years prior.  and 10/12 years ago, we had no intention of not taking them, because the lege had proved time and again that we would never be allowed to get rid of them of our own volition.  they were just pissed they didn't get invited to add no value to the discussion.

the thing that always slays me, was that bill byrne (no doubt with authoritai from on high) told us to fuck off when we offered to do a tv deal with them, and just with only them.  what better justification to "put it on the wall" then "having to make the sips share a tv network with us (aggy)".  they could have owned halftime to eternity with that one.

but no.

30 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Aggy football is cloaked in failure and moving to SEC did nothing to change them from being delusional pack of losers they are.

It makes sense that schools like Oklahoma State has struggled historically, with another power in the state, being a small state and all with a surprising blue blood program. The "second" big school in place like Texas, a large state with robust high school football, should by any evaluation have a major track record of success. Florida has a lot of similarities, and they have three colleges with national titles over the last several decades and historically (and a fourth in UCF that claims one and while laughable they were still a good team that year). The fact that they have been so mediocre for so long is just a testament to their shitty culture that holds them back and the fact that they appeal to natural born losers. This is and always will be one of the most astonishing stats in major sports.

image.png.7e5f7f695a71df8aa32b5374cb872536.png

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I'm sure if Texas wanted to throw it's weight around 10 years ago it could have kept AnM in the big 12.  Texas didn't because they didn't care the fuckers had incipient diarrhea of the mouth and they were doing for us what we would never be allowed to do for ourselves until the year 3000.

fify

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2020 at 12:25 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:

This is like complaining that your cancerous tumor excised itself and went away, after it didn’t go away when you tried to have it surgically removed. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

I didnt read the whole thing or even 10% of it, but what I saw was random testing of students.

Not sure how this is a negative.

22 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I’ve tried the 12th man lager. It starts out strong but has a terrible finish. 

when you drink one for the fist time, it tastes like ass. however, there's always someone around to show you the proper method for imbibing. this experience will be so incredible, that all of your future lineage will drink it religiously. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, 'stache said:

It makes sense that schools like Oklahoma State has struggled historically, with another power in the state, being a small state and all with a surprising blue blood program. The "second" big school in place like Texas, a large state with robust high school football, should by any evaluation have a major track record of success. Florida has a lot of similarities, and they have three colleges with national titles over the last several decades and historically (and a fourth in UCF that claims one and while laughable they were still a good team that year). The fact that they have been so mediocre for so long is just a testament to their shitty culture that holds them back and the fact that they appeal to natural born losers. This is and always will be one of the most astonishing stats in major sports.

image.png.7e5f7f695a71df8aa32b5374cb872536.png

Pulling for Northwestern to finish in the final/top 4 in one of those sports soon so aggy is the only remaining Program of Futility.  Would be sweeeeeeeet.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, 'stache said:

(and a fourth in UCF that claims one and while laughable they were still a good team that year).

I don't think it's laughable. It's a fuck you to the playoff committee and playoffs in general for not including more teams. They didn't go undefeated through any fault of their own - just like Utah in 2011 (do I have the year right?).

You can only play the games in front of you.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I’ve tried the 12th man lager. It starts out strong but has a terrible finish. 

When put up next to other really poor beers it can do well by comparison, but ultimately when you compare it to average to good beers it always comes up lacking.

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

I don't think it's laughable. It's a fuck you to the playoff committee and playoffs in general for not including more teams. They didn't go undefeated through any fault of their own - just like Utah in 2011 (do I have the year right?).

You can only play the games in front of you.

Playoff committee?  Playoffs?  You mean the 4-team invitational?