• Replies 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

aggys are such ardent S!E!C! supporters because they have such little else in life. 
Think about it. Their “military service” is cosplay costume play time. Their education is rote-learning trade school. “Big city living” to aggys is a tract home in Katy. Their “most sacred hero” is a white supremacist the rest of us recognize as a human piece of shit. 
What else do aggys have to reflect on other than the college sports accomplishments of a bunch of rednecks? 
The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M. 
Do the people of Texas even recognize aggy as their own? They are their own little cult kind of ostracized from the rest of society. No one but those gomer pyles claim them. And especially now that they moved to the SEC. Their footprint in this state is even smaller. They are living off Bamas accomplishments now. They honestly believe they are more accomplished now that they moved. Yet they have not even sniffed a division title, much less win anything of significance in this almost decade of being there.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
5 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:
aggys are such ardent S!E!C! supporters because they have such little else in life. 
Think about it. Their “military service” is cosplay costume play time. Their education is rote-learning trade school. “Big city living” to aggys is a tract home in Katy. Their “most sacred hero” is a white supremacist the rest of us recognize as a human piece of shit. 
What else do aggys have to reflect on other than the college sports accomplishments of a bunch of rednecks? 

Do the people of Texas even recognize aggy as their own? They are their own little cult kind of ostracized from the rest of society. No one but those gomer pyles claim them. And especially now that they moved to the SEC. Their footprint in this state is even smaller. They are living off Bamas accomplishments now. They honestly believe they are more accomplished now that they moved. Yet they have not even sniffed a division title, much less win anything of significance in this almost decade of being there.

Texas Monthly had an article discussing the lack of NFL talent coming from Texas colleges. One line caught my eye.

Now remember, their move to the S!E!C! coincides with the single greatest period of aggy football in the history of their program. And the single worst period in UT program history.

Obviously, we aren't the only people who think aggy's single greatest period in program history isn't all that impressive.

If the NFL draft is a referendum on the quality of your college football, what state has it better than ours? Which brings us to Thursday’s opening round of the 2021 NFL draft, a day that’s likely to deliver a reminder that Texas college football is in a—delicate phrasing here—down cycle.

Down cycle is the nice way to say it. After all, we still have our pride and our memories.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/arts-entertainment/2021nfl-draft-texas-prospects/?utm_source=Texas+Monthly&utm_campaign=11a922ef27-TM+Today+4-30-21&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_92f99d7313-11a922ef27-53408619

Edited by Randolph Duke

I remember a time when I checked this thread regularly, because I wanted to know what idiocy my neighbors would be up to next. Back then, everyone I knew who had a PhD to their name was embarrassed because they couldn't get a job at a real university. Now? I live in the three county area that has the largest proportion of PhD's per capita in the country. It is SO. FUCKING. RELAXING. The dipshittery level has dropped from Olympic to non-existent. 

You want to know what I miss about College Station?

They have a pretty good Taco Cabana. That's it. That's the entirety of what I miss about College Station. Not one single other fucking thing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Showing appreciation for our nation’s active duty military.  

Corps mom organizes fundraiser to feed cookies to entire Texas A&M Corps of Cadets

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/04/29/corps-mom-organizes-fundraiser-to-feed-cookies-to-entire-texas-am-corps-of-cadets/

The only thing that would make this a legitimate news story would have been if the cookies were black-and-whites.

I haven't really followed the draft, but based on aggy behavior in social media you would assume they are tearing it up relative to "that school in Austin."

Decided to take two minutes to see if they actually are, or if as usual they're full of shit and riding the sec coattails.

Unsurprising results below. Sleeping giant indeed.

Rd 1
Texas: 0
aggy: 0

Rd 2
Texas: 1

Rd 3
aggy: 1

Rd 4
aggy: 3

Rd 5
Texas: 2

Total (mid 5th round)
Texas: 4
aggy: 4

• Like 1

Did you ask him about getting fired from PWC because he’s a racist Aggie? Make sure to tag the official accounts of both TAMU and PWC-US
The second I brought up Figurelli to him earlier last month, I got a warning from Twitter that one of my comments about aggy needed to be removed because it went against their terms of service. He's sensitive about that.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
7 minutes ago, Enchubben said:
Did you ask him about getting fired from PWC because he’s a racist Aggie? Make sure to tag the official accounts of both TAMU and PWC-US

The second I brought up Figurelli to him earlier last month, I got a warning from Twitter that one of my comments about aggy needed to be removed because it went against their terms of service. He's sensitive about that.

You'd think Twitter would be all over trying to eliminate racist pos's like Daniel Joseph.

13 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

When was the last time a SINGLE school took credit for everything their Power 5 conference accomplished? Asking for Billy Liucci.

"We're going to the SEC, because we're tired of being Texas' bitch."

Proceeds to happily become Bama's bitch.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Nope. Their wins came from teams with a combined losing record and by a large deficit.

If he is basing the top 4 finish by record alone then he also must concede that 2017 ucf are also national champions.

We all get to reflect on the moments in our lives and fondly remember our greatest achievements.

While last season wasn't meaningful to most of the college football world, it represented relative greatness for the Texas A&M program. It was "aggy magic."

Few aggys will ever forget the palpable sense of "aggy greatness" each of them felt as the season progressed, with the excitement coming to that unforgettable crescendo against North Carolina in whatever bowl they played (I think it was the Orange Bowl, but will all the Chicken Sandwich Bowls that have previously defined "aggy greatness" I can't remember for sure at the moment).

Finally getting that "top 4" monkey off their backs. The unforgettable t-shirts. The "championship" hats. Next year they might even have a souvenir cup extolling "aggy achievement."

Right up there with "74-72." Not just deserving of a t-shirt, but truly "cupworthy."

Look at the aggy "2020 season of greatness" as you do most aggy wives. Not impressive by normal standards, but about as much as anyone can expect from an aggy.

The 2020 season means everything to aggys. The single greatest achievement in A&M men's sports that any of us have ever seen or will ever see.

"aggy magic"

Edited by Randolph Duke

I haven't really followed the draft, but based on aggy behavior in social media you would assume they are tearing it up relative to "that school in Austin."

Decided to take two minutes to see if they actually are, or if as usual they're full of shit and riding the sec coattails.

Rd 1

Rd 2

Rd 3

Rd 4

Rd 5

Total (mid 5th round)
They won the 4th round, WHOOP!!!1

37 minutes ago, ousux said:
22 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Rd 1

Rd 2

Rd 3

Rd 4

Rd 5

Total (mid 5th round)

They won the 4th round, WHOOP!!!1

Put it on the wall.

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Well, they did finish 4th in the Covid year. But you can add a Basketball Final 4 for Houston, Tech, and Baylor to that list as well.

Don't use the final AP rankings. Aggy did not finish top 4 - they were not in the playoffs. 

26 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Don't use the final AP rankings. Aggy did not finish top 4 - they were not in the playoffs. 

Give them their due. The #4 AP ranking is legit.

Negating generally accepted contemporary ratings is as b.s. as ex post facto creation of phantom championships by fairy tale ratings methodologies. 

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Negating generally accepted contemporary ratings is as b.s. as ex post facto creation of phantom championships by fairy tale ratings methodologies. 

Please...you don't make the final 4 playoff, you can't really claim 4th. They will, but it's bogus just like every other claim they make. 

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

I accept the AP rankings up until the bowl games are played. Re-ranking teams based on bowl game performance is worthless, especially when a non-playoff team is re-ranked in the top 4. How can anyone defend that?

2 hours ago, Danimal said:

I accept the AP rankings up until the bowl games are played. Re-ranking teams based on bowl game performance is worthless, especially when a non-playoff team is re-ranked in the top 4. How can anyone defend that?

The final AP poll has always been the final poll. The final UPI poll was always the final UPI poll.

Negating the final AP poll because the BCS (a completely different ranking system) had a different outcome makes no sense. College football fans have never accepted only one ranking system as acceptable. Remember the BCS does not put out a final poll, so the AP poll is essentially the de facto final poll we are using at this time.

Remember back to the end of the 1970 season. UPI (coaches) named Texas #1, AP (sportswriters) named Nebraska #1 (mostly because Texas lost in the bowl game). Both were reputable polls at the time. 

The ags have long bleated that the final 1970 UPI poll results "must be" invalidated because the sportswriters arrived at a different national champion. Bullshit.

Both Texas and Nebraska have a legitimate claim to the 1970 national championship.

In the final AP poll after the 2020 season, A&M finished 4th. It's a historical fact. Before casting their ballots, the sportswriters were presumably well aware of the existence of the BCS rankings. I give the sportswriters credit for taking the BCS rankings into consideration before making their final votes for the 2020 season ranking. Obviously, they wanted to give Notre Dame a slap by dropping them below A&M. That was A&M's consolation gift for not being included in the BCS semi-finals.

2020 stands as the single greatest accomplishment in aggy men's sports in any of our lifetimes. Pure "aggy magic." I doubt we will see that level of excitement and thrilling accomplishment ever again from an aggy men's sports team.

2020 was also the season the thrilling Kellen Mond cemented his legacy of the greatest aggy quarterback of all time. Mond leaves with school records for career passing touchdowns (71), passing yards (9,661), completions (801), attempts (1,358) and total offense (11,269). Never has there been such a talent at Texas A&M.

Their 2020 commemorative cup will unquestionably have a massive display in the aggy Hall of Champions. I'm sure there will soon be a Kellen Mond statue outside Kyle Field.

And before anyone tries to claim Manziel was a better QB than Mond, facts indicate otherwise.

Manziel had a spectacular 2012. There is no denying that. But by the end of the 2013 season, alcohol abuse and a debilitating drug problem began to dull Manziel's skills. Manziel showed by being kicked out of the NFL (and out of professional sports) after two seasons had he remained at A&M, he would never have amassed the "aggy magical" numbers Mond put up.

manziel $1 bill stack.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Not sure, but Gata may be the only program to have all three in the last 20 years. Georgia having none is a daily source of joy to me.

What are the other schools to win all three? I can’t name one regardless of the time, but I guess they exist.