Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

On 5/4/2021 at 12:22 PM, closetojumping said:

Huh? My entire issue with his position on the disputed subject matter is that he’s doing precisely what you and he give him credit for disputing - revising history. Notre Dame doesn’t get a top 4 finish for 2020 erased because Randolph fucking Duke and his aggie buddies want to change the narrative. 

Damn. People are far more passionate about this than I realized.

I'm willing to defer to the coaches and the sportswriters to take all the factors into consideration and decide for themselves who they believe should finish where in their organization's final poll. I'm not going to dictate where they can vote any team based on polls by other organizations released prior to the bowl games.

You obviously believe differently.

I seriously apologize for getting you so riled up. I didn't understand you were so passionate about how the sportswriters and/or coaches compiled their end-of-season college football polls.

I'll try not to get you so worked up in the future.

If I talk to a sportswriter or coach, I will be sure to stress they need to get their shit together, to quit following their past procedures, and to start strictly following your rules for how they may express their opinions.

We Gucci?

Edited by Randolph Duke

• Replies 71.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

51 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Damn. People are far more passionate about this than I realized.

I'm willing to defer to the coaches and the sportswriters to take all the factors into consideration and decide for themselves who they believe should finish where in their organization's final poll. I'm not going to dictate where they can vote any team based on polls by other organizations released prior to the bowl games.

You obviously believe differently.

I seriously apologize for getting you so riled up. I didn't understand you were so passionate about how the sportswriters and/or coaches compiled their end-of-season college football polls.

I'll try not to get you so worked up in the future.

If I talk to a sportswriter or coach, I will be sure to stress they need to get their shit together, to quit following their past procedures, and to start strictly following your rules for how they may express their opinions.

We Gucci?

Being called "passionate" by someone who has written paeans on similar subject matter is rich indeed. The rest of your post is capitulative silliness and weak rhetorical strawman tactics. I know it is hard to stay sharp when there are no intellectual peers in your wing in Rusk, and you only get an hour online for good behavior from the orderlies, but I'm petty, and watching your mental decline on even subject matter near and dear to your heart is gratifying. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Being called "passionate" by someone who has written paeans on similar subject matter is rich indeed. The rest of your post is capitulative silliness and weak rhetorical strawman tactics. I know it is hard to stay sharp when there are no intellectual peers in your wing in Rusk, and you only get an hour online for good behavior from the orderlies, but I'm petty, and watching your mental decline on even subject matter near and dear to your heart is gratifying. 

You have a wonderfully creative writing style. Lots of imagination. Spectacular work. 

Back to the subject at hand...

I can’t promise I can convince the collective sportswriters and college coaches that they are no longer free to vote in their respective polls other than in a manner completely in line with your demands, but if I try my best are we Gucci?

Seriously. 

Have a nice day. 😘

(ps- Your beef is with the collective sportswriters and college coaches, not with me. They voted aggy #4 in their 2020 season ending poll. I had no vote. Take your complaints up with them. Feel free to explain to them how their vote was wrong.) 

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

You have a wonderfully creative writing style. Lots of imagination. Spectacular work. 

Back to the subject at hand...

I can’t promise I can convince the collective sportswriters and college coaches that they are no longer free to vote in their respective polls other than in a manner completely in line with your demands, but if I try my best are we Gucci?

Seriously. 

Have a nice day. 😘

(ps- Your beef is with the collective sportswriters and college coaches, not with me. They voted aggy #4 in their 2020 season ending poll. I had no vote. Take your complaints up with them. Feel free to explain to them how their vote was wrong.) 

Thank you for the compliment on my writing, it means a lot.

I realize you posted, edited, returned and edited a few times more, so this post must be really important to you. I hate to put a halt to your fun in terms of refining towards a more perfect post, but no, in fact, my posts have been directed at your idiocy, defending the premise that the AP poll carried relevance in the era of the CFB playoff. It’s on you, your weak logic, and your tedious adherence to your position even when you’re laughably and obviously wrong. 

In any event, keep at it. Eventually, you’ll get better at this. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/2/2021 at 9:00 PM, Gatorubet said:

Googled. Turns out it was Michigan and Ohio State, both with championships in baseball around 60 years ago.

My daughter starts her freshman year at UF this fall. Hope she gets some great teams to root for. I started my MBA in 2008 and managed to have student tickets to all home games and the SEC Championship that year. Went to the MNC too.

Gator sports are great. I’m looking forward to excuses to be in Gainesville. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 11:45 AM, SwanderedTalent said:

This is just so what you do.

He didn't say or imply that A&M didn't finish 4th in either of those polls; no one is saying that, because we're all aware they did. His position is that the polls do not matter now that we have a committee that picks the "final four" teams to compete for the national championship, that the meaning of a "top four finish" changed as of 2014. In other words, A&M hasn't been among the top four teams since winning the 1939 national title, because through 2013, they never finished in the top four of a poll, and since the CFB playoff established an objective final top four with the 2014 season, they haven't been selected for a playoff.

That's all. It's not complicated. Now, I know your response will be to preface a wall of text with a disdainful "I already KNOW what he's saying"* but you will be the only one who believes it when you say it, because your responses make clear that you either don't understand his point or are pretending not to, in order to save face and not heaven forfend lose an Internet Argument. 

* or you might choose to nitpick to death something in my post, e.g., "no one SAYS anything on the Internet, they TYPE it and/or POST it"

Can we just equate it to the final four? I mean, is there even a college basketball poll after the tournament?

50 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Thank you for the compliment on my writing, it means a lot.

I realize you posted, edited, returned and edited a few times more, so this post must be really important to you. I hate to put a halt to your fun in terms of refining towards a more perfect post, but no, in fact, my posts have been directed at your idiocy, defending the premise that the AP poll carried relevance in the era of the CFB playoff. It’s on you, your weak logic, and your tedious adherence to your position even when you’re laughably and obviously wrong. 

In any event, keep at it. Eventually, you’ll get better at this. 

Um....

That wasn’t a compliment. I was mocking you. 

Yes, a lot of people not only edit their posts, there are things called “editors” who edit for other people. (ooo...editing bad...)

And yes, the AP poll still has relevance as it is one of the two reputable polls published after the college bowl games. 

Out of curiosity, if not the AP poll, what end of season poll do you follow? 

4 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Um....

Yes, a lot of people not only edit their posts, there are things called “editors” who edit for other people. (ooo...editing bad...)

And yes, the AP poll still has relevance as it is one of the two reputable polls published after the college bowl games. 

Oh, it was a compliment, and it was appreciated. I showed it to people. 

I don’t follow any end of season polls anymore. No one but clowns and clingers do. I watch the semis and the finals and recognize them as the Final Four, as do other sane people watching the sport. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Oh, it was a compliment, and it was appreciated. I showed it to people. 

I don’t follow any end of season polls anymore. No one but clowns and clingers do. I watch the semis and the finals and recognize them as the Final Four, as do other sane people watching the sport. 

And you completely dismiss the collective opinions of the college sportswriters and the D1 college football coaches. 

Ok. I’m sure you know better, sport. 

Have a nice day! 

Remember in the 2003 season, when LSU defeated OU in the BCS championship game, thus making LSU the BCS college football champion for that year, but AP voted USC number one in their final poll?  USC still tries to claim 2003 as a national championship, but they are the only ones who recognize it.  I remember.  Point is, I think at this point, AP and UPI post-season polls are irrelevant, and the playoffs determine the final rankings, at least for the top 4.  Always possible I'm mistaken.

1 minute ago, Randolph Duke said:

And you completely dismiss the collective opinions of the college sportswriters and the D1 college football coaches. 

Have a nice day! 

The sport itself knows better. They arranged an actual playoff with the four best teams each year. You seem to struggle grasping this, but I’m confident other gentle readers and fans are on board. 

As to the term of affection “sport”, it’s appreciated. I haven’t harkened back to the Flapper Girl Era in years, so it’s appreciated. 

1 hour ago, jinx said:

My daughter starts her freshman year at UF this fall. Hope she gets some great teams to root for. I started my MBA in 2008 and managed to have student tickets to all home games and the SEC Championship that year. Went to the MNC too.

Pics?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jinx said:

Pics not loading

• Haha 1

Have a nice day! 
You do know the head coaches of d1 programs don't sit in their offices on Sunday and rank 25 teams, right?

It's the intern that was the WR for Fresno state last year doing it for him.

Um....

When did the AP gain its relevance back? After they decided they wouldn’t be used for the BCS, no one has given a thought about what the AP says unless it makes them look better. Case in point, aggy.
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Jimbo is literally the most overrated coach in CFB. Dudes been painfully mediocre after Winston. Didn’t this tards barely beat winless Vanderbilt team last year?

but but but they went 9-1 and finished 4th last season in the final cfb rankings... 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The sport itself knows better. They arranged an actual playoff with the four best teams each year. You seem to struggle grasping this, but I’m confident other gentle readers and fans are on board. 

As to the term of affection “sport”, it’s appreciated. I haven’t harkened back to the Flapper Girl Era in years, so it’s appreciated. 

AP doesn't even release a poll after the elite 8

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I envision Randolph Duke as an old-timey bicycle enthusiast. 

06m8k.jpg

Edited by SwanderedTalent

10 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Pics?

9 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Pics not loading

Should have expected that response, but not gonna follow the rules on that one. I'll just say she is a beautiful girl smart enough to make the 30% acceptance rate at UF and confident enough to try out for UF cheer, although she didn't make the cut.

She also dates a pro baseball player, so you losers wouldn't have a shot anyway.

4 minutes ago, jinx said:

Should have expected that response, but not gonna follow the rules on that one. I'll just say she is a beautiful girl smart enough to make the 30% acceptance rate at UF and confident enough to try out for UF cheer, although she didn't make the cut.

She also dates a pro baseball player, so you losers wouldn't have a shot anyway.

I'm not a pro, but I could certainly show her the fundamentals of how to grip a bat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, closetojumping said:

"The sport" is inanimate. "It" knows nothing. The collective coaches of the sport and the collective sportswriters are who you need to take up your argument with. They, being natural beings, collectively decided to issue the end-of-season poll that you do not choose to accept.

Feel free to recognize what you you choose. But your insistence that the coaches and sportswriters never released a 2020 end-of season ranking of teams is absurd. It happened. Texas A&M was placed #4 in both rankings. Hold your breath, stomp your feet, and throw as much of a temper tantrum as you wish, but it happened.

Jefferson Davis was the first racist of a long line of racists named president of Texas A&M. Sul Ross was a virulent white supremacist and a human piece of shit. A&M is a branch of UT. A&M finished #4 in the 2020 end-of-season polls. It's all true, it's all aggy history. Deal with it. Or not. But don't try to convince the rest of us to ignore history to feed a false narrative you feel invested in.

As much as you want to insist it never happened, it happened. It was the greatest moment in aggy sports in 80 years. It was so monumental it will be commemorated on a souvenir cup this fall. Possibly also even on t-shirts. It was that big of an achievement.

I've offered to tell sportswriters and coaches I cross paths with they are no longer allowed to vote their conscience and henceforth they may only vote as you personally prescribe. Other than the two of us insisting they all henceforth abide by your rules, I'm not sure what else we can do here, buddy. Any chance you can scrub the interwebs of all evidence of their past end-of-season polls? Possibly we can dig up all the deceased coaches and sportswriters and have them re-vote on every end-of-season poll since 1936 in a manner you approve of (except 1970. We don't want to re-open that can of worms).

I'm not your enemy in this fight. The collective coaches and sportswriters are the ones you need to be shaking your fist at. How dare those fucking idiots express an opinion not approved by you. Fuck that. I'm with you in this fight. We can do this.

I'll dig up the dead coaches and sportswriters and drop them off at your front door. You assemble the living ones and manage the re-voting process. You also have to scrub the interwebs of all evidence there actually have been end-of-season polls since at least the 1930s. And while you are handling the re-voting, make sure to tell the living ones they are no longer allowed to vote in those polls as they see fit.

We can do this. It will be as if actual history never happened.

When do you want to start?

Have a nice day.

(edited just to annoy those who disapprove of editing)

Edited by Randolph Duke

21 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

"The sport" is inanimate. "It" knows nothing. The collective coaches of the sport and the collective sportswriters are who you need to take up your argument with. They, being natural beings, collectively decided to issue the end-of-season poll that you do not choose to accept.

Feel free to recognize what you you choose. But your insistence that the coaches and sportswriters never released a 2020 end-of season ranking of teams is absurd. It happened. Texas A&M was placed #4 in both rankings. Hold your breath, stomp your feet, and throw as much of a temper tantrum as you wish, but it happened.

Jefferson Davis was the first racist of a long line of racists named president of Texas A&M. Sul Ross was a virulent white supremacist and a human piece of shit. A&M is a branch of UT. A&M finished #4 in the 2020 end-of-season polls. It's all true, it's all aggy history. Deal with it. Or not. But don't try to convince the rest of us to ignore history to feed a false narrative you feel invested in.

As much as you want to insist it never happened, it happened. It was the greatest moment in aggy sports in 80 years. It was so monumental it will be commemorated on a souvenir cup this fall. Possibly also even on t-shirts. It was that big of an achievement.

I've offered to tell sportswriters and coaches I cross paths with they are no longer allowed to vote their conscience and henceforth they may only vote as you personally prescribe. Other than the two of us insisting they all henceforth abide by your rules, I'm not sure what else we can do here, buddy. Any chance you can scrub the interwebs of all evidence of their past end-of-season polls? Possibly we can dig up all the deceased coaches and sportswriters and have them re-vote on every end-of-season poll since 1936 in a manner you approve of (except 1970. We don't want to re-open that can of worms).

I'm not your enemy in this fight. The collective coaches and sportswriters are the ones you need to be shaking your fist at. How dare those fucking idiots express an opinion not approved by you. Fuck that. I'm with you in this fight. We can do this.

I'll dig up the dead coaches and sportswriters and drop them off at your front door. You assemble the living ones and manage the re-voting process. You also have to scrub the interwebs of all evidence there actually have been end-of-season polls since at least the 1930s. And while you are handling the re-voting, make sure to tell the living ones they are no longer allowed to vote in those polls as they see fit.

We can do this. It will be as if actual history never happened.

When do you want to start?

Have a nice day.

(edited just to annoy those who disapprove of editing)

I’ve been on the forums for 25 years, Randolph, and I’ve seen and mocked all of the weak rhetorical maneuvers and perpetrators of such gladly over the years. In this day and age, you could at least try something new. 

1) Word wall vomiting non sequiturs and strawmen when your position is failing - you’re doing this here in the hopes that I’ll give a fuck about some unrelated point and move on from the beating I’ve been giving you about your absurd position in the first place. 

2) Make up shit and hope you distract the opponent with lies and dishonesty - not once have I disputed the existence of end of season polls. I’ve said they’re irrelevant and no one but clowns and clingers give a flying fuck. You originally attempted to argue that it mattered, now you’re attempting move the goalposts around the notion that someone, anyone, somewhere in this thread is claiming that they don’t exist at all. 

3) Obtuse tedious volume - your established posting strategy of just throwing as much text at the thread as you can until the other poster(s) gets bored, capitulates or simply doesn’t have enough time appears to give you the illusion that you’re making progress with your points. Instead, your just cementing the board’s understanding that you probably are indeed posting from a mental institution with nothing but time on your hands. 

All in all, just mediocre posting failure from someone who can’t handle the simple reality of being wrong. I realize, in your case, it’s part of a larger personality disorder so admitting frailty causes mental snaps, but that’s your bullshit, not ours. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

You know, if there is one method that I and every other person on this planet should use to deem the relevance and importance of an event, it without a doubt must be whether or not aTm decided to commemorate it with a souvenir cup. 

9402480.png

And if they put it on a T-shirt? It's basically the 10 Commandments. 

3 hours ago, jinx said:

Yeah? Well I can recite a shit ton of movie lines and grow a shitty beard. Fuck that guy. 

I'll just say she is a beautiful girl smart enough to make the 30% acceptance rate at UF and confident enough to try out for UF cheer, although she didn't make the cut.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Chicks cheat on rich guys all the time.