Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

59 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I really don't think Bama needs any sort of bulletin board material to stomp a mudhole in aggy. Not even sure they need to play their first stringers. But, whatever. Off-season aggy is start-of-the-rollercoaster aggy.

Bet Bama couldn’t beat aggy with a team of 3* players.  imho.

• Replies 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve been on the forums for 25 years, Randolph, and I’ve seen and mocked all of the weak rhetorical maneuvers and perpetrators of such gladly over the years. In this day and age, you could at least try something new. 

1) Word wall vomiting non sequiturs and strawmen when your position is failing - you’re doing this here in the hopes that I’ll give a fuck about some unrelated point and move on from the beating I’ve been giving you about your absurd position in the first place. 

2) Make up shit and hope you distract the opponent with lies and dishonesty - not once have I disputed the existence of end of season polls. I’ve said they’re irrelevant and no one but clowns and clingers give a flying fuck. You originally attempted to argue that it mattered, now you’re attempting move the goalposts around the notion that someone, anyone, somewhere in this thread is claiming that they don’t exist at all. 

3) Obtuse tedious volume - your established posting strategy of just throwing as much text at the thread as you can until the other poster(s) gets bored, capitulates or simply doesn’t have enough time appears to give you the illusion that you’re making progress with your points. Instead, your just cementing the board’s understanding that you probably are indeed posting from a mental institution with nothing but time on your hands. 

All in all, just mediocre posting failure from someone who can’t handle the simple reality of being wrong. I realize, in your case, it’s part of a larger personality disorder so admitting frailty causes mental snaps, but that’s your bullshit, not ours. 

Username fits???  lol

5 hours ago, jinx said:

Should have expected that response, but not gonna follow the rules on that one. I'll just say she is a beautiful girl smart enough to make the 30% acceptance rate at UF and confident enough to try out for UF cheer, although she didn't make the cut.

She also dates a pro baseball player, so you losers wouldn't have a shot anyway.

When you say pro baseball you really mean a D2 burnout with a guy fieri goatee and permanently backwards tactical shades, right?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve been on the forums for 25 years, Randolph, and I’ve seen and mocked all of the weak rhetorical maneuvers and perpetrators of such gladly over the years. In this day and age, you could at least try something new. 

1) Word wall vomiting non sequiturs and strawmen when your position is failing - you’re doing this here in the hopes that I’ll give a fuck about some unrelated point and move on from the beating I’ve been giving you about your absurd position in the first place. 

2) Make up shit and hope you distract the opponent with lies and dishonesty - not once have I disputed the existence of end of season polls. I’ve said they’re irrelevant and no one but clowns and clingers give a flying fuck. You originally attempted to argue that it mattered, now you’re attempting move the goalposts around the notion that someone, anyone, somewhere in this thread is claiming that they don’t exist at all. 

3) Obtuse tedious volume - your established posting strategy of just throwing as much text at the thread as you can until the other poster(s) gets bored, capitulates or simply doesn’t have enough time appears to give you the illusion that you’re making progress with your points. Instead, your just cementing the board’s understanding that you probably are indeed posting from a mental institution with nothing but time on your hands. 

All in all, just mediocre posting failure from someone who can’t handle the simple reality of being wrong. I realize, in your case, it’s part of a larger personality disorder so admitting frailty causes mental snaps, but that’s your bullshit, not ours. 

Thanks for the laugh. You are awesome.

Season ending polls are "irrelevant."

Got it.

I will tell the coaches and the sportswriters you have deemed their end-of-season polls irrelevant.

Since there aren't many other end-of-season polls, exactly which end-of-season polls are relevant? The CFP committee doesn't release an end-of-season poll.

And I'm sorry words give you a headache. I'm just not good at putting comments into 140 characters.

I can't put this into a 140 character limit, but I promise you that if you break it down into 140 character segments each day over a week or so, this will be worth it...

The sportswriters and the coaches actually voted Texas A&M #4 in their 2020 end-of-season polls. It really happened.

It really happened.

Seriously.

It really happened.

Your beef is with them, not with me.

Have a nice day.

(184/225 character count)

(edited yet again just to piss off the people who can't understand why people who write edit)

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Got it.

I will tell the coaches and the sportswriters you have deemed their end-of-season polls irrelevant.

Since there aren't many other end-of-season polls, exactly which end-of-season polls are relevant? The CFP committee doesn't release an end-of-season poll.

And I'm sorry words give you a headache. I'm just not good at putting comments into 140 characters.

I can't put this into a 140 character limit, but I promise you that if you break it down into 140 character segments each day over a week or so, this will be worth it...

The sportswriters and the coaches actually voted Texas A&M #4 in their 2020 end-of-season polls. It really happened.

It really happened.

Seriously.

It really happened.

Have a nice day.

(edited yet again just to piss off the people who can't understand why people who write edit)

You guys need to stop, and I'll tell you why...the only pole that matters is my pole😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Got it.

It really happened.

Seriously.

It really happened.

Have a nice day.

I struggle with this post. First, you compliment me again, which I appreciate. That’s a good start. 

Next, you reference that you understand that post-season polls in this day and age are irrelevant. More progress. 

Then, it falls apart. You allude to knowing a bunch of sportswriters and coaches and you’re going to outreach to them. That seems like a lot of work, but okay. 

Then you fade into some sort of logic pretzel that is really hard to follow. Why is twitter character count relevant? Why do you assume that we can’t handle long form? I think we all can. That has nothing to do with your wildly verbose posts that say nothing. It’s not that your posts are wordy, it’s that you use a lot of words to distract and obfuscate insipidly. I’m guessing the differences are too subtle for your lost ass to grasp. 

I don’t have a beef with anyone. I just know that your position is wrong, I’m entertained clubbing you like a baby seal, and sportswriters and their futility have nothing to do with this. 

Thanks for the well wishes regarding a nice day. I’ve had one, and you’ve contributed to it. 

RD seems really dug in on being wrong about the Top 4 finish thing.  I can tell you, as someone who works in the media, the overwhelming majority of sports writers and sports broadcasters who vote in the AP poll, never played a down of organized team football.  On top of that, they are also very biased in their opinions about the teams they cover.  Nothing about their backgrounds or opinions even reasonably qualifies them to be in a position to determine who the best teams are, or how they stack up with each other.  Additionally, it's well known the majority of coaches in FBS Football hate having to deal with voting in the Coaches Poll because, with their busy schedules, they don't have the time to research all of the teams in college football on a weekly basis.  That's why they pawn it off on assistants or GAs, and one former coach I know personally (a College Football HOF member) would get his secretary to fill out his poll and then he would "look it over" before submitting it.  So no, that poll isn't reliable either.  But the real truth is, once it went to a playoff system, the final polls became irrelevant.  The top 4 teams are the ones in the playoff.  It doesn't take much smarts to figure that out.  So in short . . . no, aggy was NOT a top 4 team last year.

• Hook 'Em 3

Jimbo is literally the most overrated coach in CFB. Dudes been painfully mediocre after Winston. Didn’t this tards barely beat winless Vanderbilt team last year?
Jumbo is a media charmer like mack was. He had his moment with Winston like mack did with Vince. They are the same person.

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Why is twitter character count relevant? Why do you assume that we can’t handle long form? I think we all can.

Yeah, I think the transcript of the Lincoln-Douglas debates is fascinating to read. I don't want it read to me when I'm ordering my Happy Meal at McDonald's.

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I struggle with this post. First, you compliment me again, which I appreciate. That’s a good start. 

Next, you reference that you understand that post-season polls in this day and age are irrelevant. More progress. 

Then, it falls apart. You allude to knowing a bunch of sportswriters and coaches and you’re going to outreach to them. That seems like a lot of work, but okay. 

Then you fade into some sort of logic pretzel that is really hard to follow. Why is twitter character count relevant? Why do you assume that we can’t handle long form? I think we all can. That has nothing to do with your wildly verbose posts that say nothing. It’s not that your posts are wordy, it’s that you use a lot of words to distract and obfuscate insipidly. I’m guessing the differences are too subtle for your lost ass to grasp. 

I don’t have a beef with anyone. I just know that your position is wrong, I’m entertained clubbing you like a baby seal, and sportswriters and their futility have nothing to do with this. 

Thanks for the well wishes regarding a nice day. I’ve had one, and you’ve contributed to it. 

Clarify one point for me. Are you saying the collective coaches and sportswriters did or did not not vote Texas A&M #4 in their final poll?

You are acting exactly like those dumbfuck aggys when they insist the coaches did not vote Texas #1 in their 1970 poll and Texas was not considered the national champion for that season by the coaches.

Friend, it happened. I get you don't agree with their opinion, but that does not change their opinion. Nor does your aggy-esque refusal to accept historical reality change historical reality.

I will drop this if you agree to just quit acting like a fucking aggy and quit insisting something that happened never happened.

You can still squeeze your nuts, worship white supremacists, insist your seven years of undergrad qualifies as active duty military service, or any other shit-for-brains aggy-esque crap you want to keep believing, but please quit insisting what we all know happened did not happen. When supposedly educated Texans act like complete dumbfucks and deny reality it is an embarrassment to the people of Texas. The people of Texas deserve better.

2020 was a magical season for Jimbo Fisher and Texas A&M. A #4 finish is what they paid $75 million for. Jimbo need do nothing else to ensure his bronze likeness being placed outside Kyle Field. He already is the greatest aggy coach evar. The aggy 2020 season was so monumental, there will be a fucking commemorative cup made in its honor.

Do you realize what a commemorative cup signifies? I struggle to think of any other school that has even approached commemorative cupworthyness. The aggy 2020 season is in the vaunted realm of 74-72. Pure magic. Think about that for a moment. Do you realize how far we are falling behind in "championship hat" and commemorative cup displays?

None of us ever thought 74-72 would be approached in terms of football greatness. We underestimated the genius of Jimbo Fisher. With his momentum, Jimbo could shock the college football world, get his Uncle Toms to go 9-3 next year, and be commemorative cupworthy two fucking years in a row.

Name me another school that had two commemorative cups in two years. There are none. A&M may be on the precipice. How many commemorative cups does "tu" have in our trophy case? ZERO! How many fourth place "champion" hat displays does Texas have? ZERO! Advantage aggy. Whoop!

I will bet money you cannot name which school finished #4 in the final polls in 2019, or 2018, or any of the past 50 seasons. But Texas A&M finished fourth in 2020 and they will have that fucking commemorative cup in their Hall of Champions next to their sacred hat memorial to make sure none of us ever forget. For the rest of our lives we will now have to live with aggys rightfully asserting "But in 2020, we finished fourth in them poll thingys." (And please, when viewing their "champion" hat display, remember to remove your hat and by all means, DO NOT walk on the grass. Grass is sacred to white supremacists.)

This pissing match with you is irrelevant. What bothers me is that at the rate they are going, in 2084 they may well finish #4 in the polls again and get yet another fucking commemorative cup to add to their Hall of Champions. That, my friend, is "aggy momentum." It's real.

Jimbo fucking Fisher. A #4 finish in the end-of-season polls. Second in their division. Cupworthy. More "champion" hats in their "Hall of Champions" than actual championships.

No other school can claim that.

Pure aggy magic.

Never has $75 million been spent more wisely by an educational institution.

(edited again just to fuck with people who hate editing)

aggy champions hats.jpeg

hall_of_champions8.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke

19 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Clarify one point for me. Are you saying the collective coaches and sportswriters did or did not not vote Texas A&M #4 in their final poll?

You are acting exactly like those dumbfuck aggys when they insist the coaches did not vote Texas #1 in their 1970 poll and Texas was not considered the national champion for that season by the coaches.

Friend, it happened. I get you don't agree with their opinion, but that does not change their opinion. Nor does your aggy-esque refusal to accept historical reality change historical reality.

I will drop this if you agree to just quit acting like a fucking aggy and quit insisting something that happened never happened.

You can still squeeze your nuts, worship white supremacists, insist your seven years of undergrad qualified as active duty military service, or any other shit-for-brains aggy-esque crap you want to keep doing, but please quit insisting what we all know happened did not happen. When supposedly educated people act like complete dumbfucks and deny reality it is an embarrassment to the people of Texas.

2020 was a magical season for Jimbo Fisher and Texas A&M. A #4 finish is what they paid $75 million for. Jimbo need do nothing else to ensure his bronze likeness being placed outside Kyle Field. He already is the greatest aggy coach evar. The aggy 2020 season was so monumental, there will be a fucking commemorative cup made in its honor.

Do you realize what a commemorative cup signifies? I struggle to think of any other school that has even approached commemorative cupworthyness. Their 2020 season is in the vaunted realm of 74-72. Pure magic. Think about that for a moment. Do you realize how far we are falling behind in "championship hat" and commemorative cup displays?

None of us ever thought 74-72 would ever be approached in terms of football greatness. We underestimated the genius of Jimbo Fisher. With his momentum, Jimbo could shock the college football world, go 9-3 next year, and be commemorative cupworthy two fucking years in a row.

Name me another school that had two commemorative cups in two years. There are none. A&M may be on the precipice. How many commemorative cups does 'tu" have in our trophy case? ZERO! How many fourth place hat displays does Texas have? ZERO. Whoop!

I will bet money you cannot name which school finished #4 in the final polls in 2019, or 2018, or any of the past 50 seasons. But Texas A&M finished fourth in 2020 and they will have that fucking commemorative cup in their Hall of Champions next to their hats to make sure none of us ever forget. For the rest of our lives we will now have to live with aggys rightfully asserting "But in 2020, we finished fourth in them poll thingys."

This pissing match with you is irrelevant. What bothers me is that at the rate they are going, in 2084 they may well finish #4 in the polls again and get yet another fucking commemorative cup to add to their Hall of Champions. That, my friend, is "aggy momentum." It's real.

Jimbo fucking Fisher. A #4 finish in the end-of-season polls. Second in their division. Cupworthy. More "champion" hats in their "Hall of Champions" than actual championships.

No other school can claim that.

Pure aggy magic.

Never has $75 million been spent more wisely by an educational institution.

(edited again just to fuck with people who hate editing)

aggy champions hats.jpeg

hall_of_champions8.jpg

This is what a psychotic break in the written form looks like. I wondered how long it would take. We were on the brink a couple of times, but I just couldn’t get him over the hump. It appears the last post did it and he’s been up all night working out his fevered rebuttal. 

In any event, I submit weak rhetorical tactics #4 and #5:

4) When all else fails, start accusing the opponent of being the worst kind of thing you can fathom - In RD’s case, that’s his version of an aggie. Then, hope the opponent can’t handle the comparison and melts down. Unfortunately here, I’m not obsessed with aggies and don’t give a fuck if all of the silly aggie tropes are fired off at me. 

5) Just devolve into a flagrant name calling snit and hope to bring the other guy with you. 

The guy continues to revert back to tactics 1-3 as well, basically because he’s got nothing and those maneuvers are supposed to work. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I’m shocked! They aren’t defending the cops here. 

Did that menace ride over some grass he wasn't supposed to? Drink the last of the jizzjar without topping it back up? Whatever the offense, it must have been super serious. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/5/2021 at 9:01 PM, Randolph Duke said:

And you completely dismiss the collective opinions of the college sportswriters and the D1 college football coaches. 

Ok. I’m sure you know better, sport. 

Have a nice day! 

Their "final" polls are dismissive. The literal top 4 teams in the country are chosen to be in a playoff to decide a national championship. Those are the top 4 teams, period, end of discussion. Anything outside of the semi finals and finals is irrelevant to the top 4 teams in the country.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Their "final" polls are dismissive. The literal top 4 teams in the country are chosen to be in a playoff to decide a national championship. Those are the top 4 teams, period, end of discussion. Anything outside of the semi finals and finals is irrelevant to the top 4 teams in the country.

Don't you dare bring logic into a discussion with aggy. ND lost and so did Clemson. aggy won their pointless bowl against UNC. Therefore, aggy should be above them!

6 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

He jaywalked on a bike!!!

I mean.... fuck the police and all that fun stuff, but if a police officer tells you to stop and you're like "nah I'll just ride some more circles on my lil bike wheeeee", you are inviting a test of the meathead frustration tolerance scale. And a financial settlement too, probably, so it's not all bad I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Randalph Duke is the idiot who would also sit here for days and argue with each and every one of you that the Independent Spirit Awards is as equally prestigious and coveted as an Academy Award be the folks in that field. Fuck it, probably the MTV Video Music Awards too. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

This is what a psychotic break in the written form looks like. I wondered how long it would take. We were on the brink a couple of times, but I just couldn’t get him over the hump. It appears the last post did it and he’s been up all night working out his fevered rebuttal. 

In any event, I submit weak rhetorical tactics #4 and #5:

4) When all else fails, start accusing the opponent of being the worst kind of thing you can fathom - In RD’s case, that’s his version of an aggie. Then, hope the opponent can’t handle the comparison and melts down. Unfortunately here, I’m not obsessed with aggies and don’t give a fuck if all of the silly aggie tropes are fired off at me. 

5) Just devolve into a flagrant name calling snit and hope to bring the other guy with you. 

The guy continues to revert back to tactics 1-3 as well, basically because he’s got nothing and those maneuvers are supposed to work. 

Your grasp on reality is highly suspect.

When you see the aggy commemorative fourth place aggy cup this fall you will change your tune. 

It really happened. They finished fourth in the polls. 

Quit acting like an aggy and insisting your altered version of history is accurate. Lean back, relax, and enjoy it as aggys insist finishing second in their division or fourth in the polls is meaningful. 

One quick question, in your mind where did the sportswriters and coaches actually place A&M in their final 2020 poll? I don’t get this “altered reality” world you and the aggys live in.

In your fantasy world, did the coaches and sportswriters even vote them in the top ten? Asking for a friend. 

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Randalph Duke is the idiot who would also sit here for days and argue with each and every one of you that the Independent Spirit Awards is as equally prestigious and coveted as an Academy Award be the folks in that field. Fuck it, probably the MTV Video Music Awards too. 

Yeah, but they only show the Oscars on one single night broadcast. The VMAs are shown 137 times across multiple networks. So it's obviously more important.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Jfc, would you two just get a room and bang each other and get it over with.  Both of you are tiresome.

I rather enjoy RD's maniacal hatred of A&M.  It burns with the white hot heat of a thousand suns.

• Hook 'Em 5

I had almost forgotten just how unbearable Screamin’ A Smith was to listen to. 

And in reference to the jaywalking video, not sure why the kid felt the need to tell the cops he had a mental illness.. I’m pretty sure they already assumed he was an aggy

• Haha 3