Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

How does aggy find this shit. They must search far,wide,high and low to grab anything that might make them feel good instead of winning trophy’s for their Hall Of Champions. This was posted on sec rant with the a-hole texasag7 that they all suspect is daniel..

image.thumb.jpeg.b08667ed48f91d944b0206f8447d6680.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.5f2e2439d70a0da1b32c9eba0b8688ac.jpeg

Could be a marketing study to test if aggy should be FCS? That would help fill the hall of chumps!

• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

8 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

So in SD the two big FCS (there are nothing larger football-wise) schools are both about an hour from Sioux Falls....

There is no real college in Sioux Falls... There is a private Lutheran School and a sorta diploma mill school with no sports as well. Neither are big sports schools. 

Who made this piece of shit map?

They have Rochester as Minnesota's best college town.  Rochester doesn't have a stand-alone 4 year college of any kind.  You can get a degree from U of M or Winona State by taking classes at the existing community college, or in the abandoned upstairs area of a defunct mall.

Metairie for Louisiana?  This just seems like some kind of troll job or use of some bat shit crazy insanity for defining "colleges" and "towns".

Edited by Al_4_ISU

16 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

Yeah, the whole Lawton, OK being the best college town in OK is a dead giveaway that whoever made and/or participated in this shit is a complete fucking moron. I mean, Oklahoma sucks--I spent nearly 15 years there but there are far better college towns than Lawton. Norman fucking blows. Stillwater is fine if you're just looking to party and do country boy shit. Edmond is great. TONS of wealthy sloots to enjoy and literally a five minute drive to OKC. Tulsa is a shit hole. Tahlequah is a good little college town with the Illinois river being the main attraction around there. Lawton is literally the bottom of the list of college towns in OK with about 10 schools that no one has ever even heard of ahead of them.

I was under the impression this was basically the entire point of going to college.

Here is an example of the value of the "aggy education." Once again, people who lack critical thinking skills latching on to obscure metrics to "prove the obvious."

The snippet below clearly demonstrates "aggy greatness." Wow! Rough look indeed!

Now for the critical thinking (aggys, take two aspirin and step away from all sharp objects and wooden structures before you try this).

Just a quick question - What is "total salaries of active players"? Not a common metric.

Is this next year's salary of all aggys on last year's NFL rosters? If so, $503 mil sounds suspect.

For 2021, Pat Mahomes' salary is $990k. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/patrick-mahomes-21751/  Tom Brady's 2021 salary is $1.075mil https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/tom-brady-4619/

So I'm going to start to question "total salaries." Possibly "total possible contract value of aggys on NFL rosters as of June 2021 (including non-guaranteed compensation."

Whatever this idiot was thinking when he tried to demonstrate yet another example of "aggy excellence" he missed. He also forgot to include Texas Tech. As well as the source for his "information." Texas Tech has one player whose projected total contract value exceeds that of all aggys currently on NFL rosters.

As of today, 40 aggys are listed in NFL rosters. 39 Longhorns. Alabama has 80.

Elite universities screen for critical thinking skills as an admissions requirement. Lesser schools teach critical thinking as a degree requirement.

And then there is Texas A&M.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

aggy total salaries.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I was under the impression this was basically the entire point of going to college.

You're not wrong. But, have you ever been to Stillwater, OK? There's literally nothing else to do. So it's not much of a teenage rebellion/coming of age thing. It's more of a survival tactic.

11 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

You're not wrong. But, have you ever been to Stillwater, OK? There's literally nothing else to do. So it's not much of a teenage rebellion/coming of age thing. It's more of a survival tactic.

Yeah.  I went to an ISU/OK State game in 2014.  I had a lot of fun, but we just basically drank and watched football and Stillwater is a fine town for such endeavors.

It's basically the same place as Ames or Manhattan, populated with a student/alumni mix that are mostly from small farm towns.  It was extremely comfortable for someone with my background.

I realize it's not exactly how a lot of people, especially people who went to college in a big city with endless amenities like Austin's, would define a place as fun, but it's right in my midwestern/plains farm kid wheelhouse.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Like 1

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

Yeah.  I went to an ISU/OK State game in 2014.  I had a lot of fun, but we just basically drank and watched football and Stillwater is a fine town for such endeavors.

It's basically the same place as Ames or Manhattan, populated with a student/alumni mix that are mostly from small farm towns.  It was extremely comfortable for someone with my background.

As it is mine. I have had a lot of fun in Stillwater and was accepted into OSU but chose not to go there because the country life was all I had ever known and I wanted college to be an experience and not just more of the same. My FIL lives on some acreage near Stillwater so we go there somewhat often. But as a college aged kid, most of the bars in OKC were packed with students from OU and OSU because both of those towns suck after your freshman year.

They have Rochester as Minnesota's best college town.  Rochester doesn't have a stand-alone 4 year college of any kind.  You can get a degree from U of M or Winona State by taking classes at the existing community college, or in the abandoned upstairs area of a defunct mall.
Metairie for Louisiana?  This just seems like some kind of troll job or use of some bat shit crazy insanity for defining "colleges" and "towns".
Its very likley a troll job and little snaggletooth Danny isnt self aware enough to realize it. Thankfully aproximately 98% of people who actually start looking at that thing will catch on.

If it isnt a troll job, probably some shitty FB poll.

3 minutes ago, ousux said:

Its very likley a troll job and little snaggletooth Danny isnt self aware enough to realize it. Thankfully aproximately 98% of people who actually start looking at that thing will catch on.

If it isnt a troll job, probably some shitty FB poll.

I mean, it's not like the U of M is in some kind of iconic college town (Minneapolis is a great city but it ain't a college town), but from the states I've traveled regularly, Minnesota and Oklahoma just leaped off the page as inarguably absurd (one could argue that Austin is beyond "college town" stage at this point - I wouldn't personally).  Rochester's a very nice community, but it is in no way, shape, or form a college town.  Lawton might be the biggest shit hole in Oklahoma.

Truly one of the worst of these lists I've seen, and I'm not saying that because they gave Iowa City the nod.  Iowa City has a lot of amenities and a lot of folks would give it that nod, I'm just not into standing in line for overpriced drinks with a bunch of coked out suburban Chicago bros.

19 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Metairie doesn’t even have a FCS school? Excluding Red Stick and New Orleans, you are pretty much left with Lafayette, Lake Charles, Hammond, Monroe, Grambling, Ruston, or Nachitoches for “college” towns.

I’d take Lafayette over College Station any day.  Lived in Lake Chuck for a year, and yeah, the McNeese games were fun.

22 hours ago, US183 said:

How does aggy find this shit. They must search far,wide,high and low to grab anything that might make them feel good instead of winning trophy’s for their Hall Of Champions. This was posted on sec rant with the a-hole texasag7 that they all suspect is daniel..

image.thumb.jpeg.b08667ed48f91d944b0206f8447d6680.jpeg

image.jpeg

I didn't even think about looking at some of the others..

Anchorage ----   A lot of partying going in their downtown in January when the temps don't go above zero for days. Party central for sure!

Reno---  Slot machines for people staying at Lake Tahoe

Las Cruces-  More like a place to stop to take a leak heading north after eating breakfast or lunch in El Paso

Logan----  Logan?  Can the student body party after midnight on Saturday?

It's almost like someone aggy put this together...   Bagdad Bob would be proud.

Olin writes:

4. More big plays: The primary criticism of A&M in 2020 was its lack of big plays. The Aggies only had 41 plays from scrimmage that covered 20 yards or more. The four teams in the College Football Playoff had between 87 (Alabama) and 60 (Ohio State). A&M’s big play total figures to spike. Spiller and receivers Ainias Smith and Chase Lane all return. They accounted for 24 plays over 20 yards. More opportunities for Achane will raise that total. So will the return from injury of receiver Caleb Chapman. Receiver Demond Demas also has potential to be a deep threat. Receivers that can stretch defenses also figure to result in more big plays from tight ends Jalen Wydermyer and Baylor Cupp, who is also coming back from injury.

5. Returning starters: The Aggies aren’t just talented, they’re also experienced. A&M returns 15 starters (six on offense, nine on defense) from a team that finished ranked fourth in the nation in 2020. Of teams that finished in the Top Ten, only No. 9 Iowa State (19) returns more. No. 3 Clemson is the only team with as many as A&M.

6. Quarterback attrition: Every team that finished in the Top Five last season will have a new starting quarterback. That includes A&M, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing because…

7. Jimbo Fisher’s success with first-year starting quarterbacks: 

4. No figuring in new QB for problem with long plays. Looks to tight ends for big plays. The potential of Demas as a big play guy. He's reaching in the bucket for a hand full of minnows.

5. Sure. Returning starters good. 

6. 2021 Aggie reasoning at it's most definitive. We're losing our experienced QB but look for good stuff based on Jimbo's record at FSU. They've hated Mond for four years. None of that is on Jimbo.

The question was whether A&M “could” win a football national championship in the next three years.

The Aggies might not,

but the progress the program and coach Jimbo Fisher have made make a championship a very real possibility.

A) Sure they "could".  And it's possible I could root Megan Fox and her GF.  Do NOT squash my dream.

B) Well, you've certainly proven your objectivity here, Olin.

C) Never mind.

Every team that finished in the Top Five last season will have a new starting quarterback. That includes A&M, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing...

ADVANTAGE A&M!!

True, there are concerns with four new starters in the offensive line...Freshman guard Bryce Foster was a five-star rated prospect, and he could see action right away. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNHh_bwbKB-TA1U9dPv2T

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Every team that finished in the Top Five last season will have a new starting quarterback. That includes A&M, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing...

ADVANTAGE A&M!!

True, there are concerns with four new starters in the offensive line...Freshman guard Bryce Foster was a five-star rated prospect, and he could see action right away. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNHh_bwbKB-TA1U9dPv2T

But if they have MORE BIG PLAYS, all of this won't matter.

BIG PLAYS!   That's the ticket!  

I've never, ever seen a write up hyping up the lack of big plays and it being the path to the promise land..  Who gives a rats tail if you make it to the endzone in 5 or 10 yard increments or one 80 yard bomb

But aggy.....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Scholz said:

ADVANTAGE A&M!!

Beautiful allusion to Kevin Kubecheski. Your post is funny on it's own, but piques the memory of the best days of Hornfans.

Thanks.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

But if they have MORE BIG PLAYS, all of this won't matter.

BIG PLAYS!   That's the ticket!  

I've never, ever seen a write up hyping up the lack of big plays and it being the path to the promise land..  Who gives a rats tail if you make it to the endzone in 5 or 10 yard increments or one 80 yard bomb

But aggy.....

When you are playing to an audience and telling them what they want to hear, you don't have to bother with trivialities like solid analysis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Gore him right in the pussy!

This was a thinker for me. Then I got it.

On September 17, 2014, Florida State Seminoles college football quarterback Jameis Winston was suspended for the first half of an upcoming game after "several students tweeted" that Winston had shouted "fuck her right in the pussy" while standing on top of a table in Florida State University's Student Union.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

When you are playing to an audience and telling them what they want to hear, you don't have to bother with trivialities like solid analysis.

It's free money to sell that shit to Aggies.  Liucci, who has no real intelligence or insight, has gotten rich off of it.  Just carry the AD's water and tell those idiots what they want to hear.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

It's free money to sell that shit to Aggies.  Liucci, who has no real intelligence or insight, has gotten rich off of it.  Just carry the AD's water and tell those idiots what they want to hear.  

He sold a real tale to the feds to get a 6 figure Covid bailout too.