• Replies 71.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Jimbo’s salary, payments on stadium renovations, bag money…they are sure spending a lot of money to get very little in return.
Real question...with this new contract for Jimbo, if they continue to crater, what options do they really have?

Does he have any reason whatsoever to walk away with less than what they've guaranteed him? Why negotiate the most lopsided agreement in the history of sports unless you intend to hold those rubes to every last cent?

When I heard they just extended Jimbo and gave him a raise, my best guess was that they had to in order to modify the contract to at least be laughably equitable. Nope. Just gave him more guaranteed money and time with the same terrible terms.

Do they really have any choice but to ride this out given what they've put on the table?

How hard is fsu laughing at aggy right now?
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Jimbo's wins the last 3 regular seasons-

Texas State 3-9

Lamar 4-8

Arkansas 2-10

Ole Miss 4-8

Miss State 6-7

UTSA 4-8

South Carolina 4-8

Vanderbilt 0-9

Florida 8-4

Miss State 4-7

Arkansas 3-7

South Carolina 3-7

LSU 5-5

Auburn 6-5

Tennessee 3-7

Kent State 1-3

Colorado 1-3

New Mexico 2-2

This is a Kyle Umlang  tweet.  Wow. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

i'm already out of rep at 1030am, posting this forward because skynet.
i'm calling the shocker - they lose in Columbia, the wheels fly off, and they decide to hold muster practice 6 months early.....

Muster.jpg.dec813bd83b2fa5558432c58eb37bd5b.jpg
"He's still our guy because of the contract" is going to be the aggy mantra for years to come.

"Ran out of buyout money" might be the first accurate usage of "ran out of x" ever by aggy.

4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Jimbo's wins the last 3 regular seasons-

Texas State 3-9

Lamar 4-8

Arkansas 2-10

Ole Miss 4-8

Miss State 6-7

UTSA 4-8

South Carolina 4-8

Vanderbilt 0-9

Florida 8-4

Miss State 4-7

Arkansas 3-7

South Carolina 3-7

LSU 5-5

Auburn 6-5

Tennessee 3-7

Kent State 1-3

Colorado 1-3

New Mexico 2-2

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

"He's still our guy because of the contract" is going to be the aggy mantra for years to come.

"Ran out of buyout money" might be the first accurate usage of "ran out of x" ever by aggy.

I love it when i get lectued about my lack of understanding of the AUF payments.

Starting in 12 or 13 the AUF payments skyrocketed.

aggy raised pennies for their new krogerbox, floated bonds with service payments their program can't make, never repaid the AD loans from the aughts, burns $100m on coaching contracts that deliver $0 return on the investment, skyrocket enrollment chasing USF to force AD season ticket extortions, all of this, and it remains a mystery where aggy gets the cash to do all of this stuff.

THEY ARE DOING IT WITH OUR MONEY.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I love it when i get lectued about my lack of understanding of the AUF payments.

Starting in 12 or 13 the AUF payments skyrocketed.

aggy raised pennies for their new krogerbox, floated bonds with service payments their program can't make, never repaid the AD loans from the aughts, burns $100m on coaching contracts that deliver $0 return on the investment, skyrocket enrollment chasing USF to force AD season ticket extortions, all of this, and it remains a mystery where aggy gets the cash to do all of this stuff.

THEY ARE DOING IT WITH OUR MONEY.

You left out the fact that in 2014 they commenced a capital campaign for the academic side of the university. It raised roughly $4 billion. And after they received the money, their net financial position dropped.

Only aggys could raise $4 billion and end up with less money than they started with.

A&M 2018 net position.jpeg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Alpha Texan

In reply to whytho987654 • 10:45p, 9/25/21

AG

He's had 2 weeks to address the QB situation. We're having to rebuild the OL because last year, we were focused on last year. This is not as bad as you're making it out to be.

The aggy have played dreadful offenses this season, The 1-3 powerhouse CU has one of the worst offenses of any P5 team. For fuck's sake they got shut out 30-0 by Minnesota and the most the aggy and their abysmal offense could muster against that was 10 points? Their wins = 2-2 New Mexico, 1-3 CU and 1-3 Kent St. Kent St hasn't surpassed 16 points in four games. CU's season best was 35 against an FCS team and New Mexico isn't exactly lighting it up. They've played a bunch of trash offenses and their defense was exposed quickly before Arky lost their starting QB. The gomers quickly turned on Jumbo and Calzone.

Edited by Chad

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

fuck.  they really are catching on.  by this morning they should be on the "beat bama and right the ship" and it's not happening.

Listen to the postgame folks and Jimbos needling of the defense in particular. If the expectation for them is to hold every team to 9pts or fewer, so that Jimbos offense can eek out 10……..then we're screwed and the season IS done.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

is this it?

YES. Lol this is the ad spot that most schools use to promote their university (Academics, values, research, and athletics). Instead Aggy uses it to show some sleeveless weirdo in overalls yelling a bunch of jibberish with thousands of other weirdos. Unbelievable

• Like 1

i'm already out of rep at 1030am, posting this forward because skynet.
i'm calling the shocker - they lose in Columbia, the wheels fly off, and they decide to hold muster practice 6 months early.....

Muster.jpg.dec813bd83b2fa5558432c58eb37bd5b.jpg
Pretty sure I've seen this pic in history books. Schutzstaffel gathering?