Kody Clemens thread of appreciation

texasstrong12

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, it's been a while, but Seth Johnston led the 05 NC team with a .378 BA, .548 SLG, with 115 hits and 66 RBIs.  Not to take anything away from Kody.  And Kody wins on power, for sure.

To me, the fact we’ve so long been in an offensive desert makes Kody’s year stand out beyond the pure numbers he’s putting up. Not to mention how the team seems to be coalescing around his heroics.  

4 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

To me, the fact we’ve so long been in an offensive desert makes Kody’s year stand out beyond the pure numbers he’s putting up. Not to mention how the team seems to be coalescing around his heroics.  

I really dont mean to downplay Kody at all,  Just the second post about "best in the modern era" screamed for some context, to me.  Maybe modern era means post-BBCOR.  In that event, most certainly.

Also, in reporting on BBCOR, you heard "offensive numbers are way down" and citations to the number of home runs.  This article summarizes the statistical effects.  Interdasting.  https://www.justbatreviews.com/blog/bbcor-standards-ruining-college-baseball/

Batting averages were down an average of 20 points, but it sure seemed to destroy Texas Baseball sort of across the board.

Edited by TwiceHorn

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, it's been a while, but Seth Johnston led the 05 NC team with a .378 BA, .548 SLG, with 115 hits and 66 RBIs.  Not to take anything away from Kody.  And Kody wins on power, for sure.

One of my favorite Texas players. Crazy that Kody is pretty much replicating that season. 

7 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Are you not entertained ? !!!

I was listening.. "hits a ball out toward right" at that moment I was thinking OK WHERE THE FUCK DID IT GO. I thought maybe it was a sick slice into the corner.. BUT NO!

I was in the damn grocery store with headphones on like a dookie head.

Kody has been the Colt McCoy of Texas baseball  in recent memory.   I never, in my mind, thought Colt would ever be a contributor to Texas football.  Haha  wrong dumbass.    After Kody's first year, I thought the same of him.   But like Colt, he has blown me away with his great improvement over 2 years ago.  Of course, last year, recovering from TJ surgery,  a down year, but I really never expected much from him.  

But he has exceeded expectations 10 times over.   I really don't know where the power has come from this year, except, he did state in an article that he had lifted weights in the off season.   My Longhorn hat off to him, because he has worked himself into a superb baseball player.   We still owe much thanks to Roger for not pulling out a couple of times.   \m/

Edited by orangeut
  • Like 2

On 5/22/2018 at 6:53 PM, Victor Lazlo said:

Damn, I kept hitting vote again and it kept going. Had no idea you could get in 25 votes a day. 

I’ve voted the past two days. I convinced my wife, one of my daughters, my son and his wife to do the same. That’s 250 votes. I’ll continue as long as they’ll put up with it. Now I know the excitement aggy must feel. 

• 2 weeks later...

In 30+ years of following UT Baseball I have never seen a player improve so much over his time on campus.  I know he was recovering from injury last year, but his plate discipline is in another galaxy this year as well.  And he's one hell of a leader.

Gonna miss him next year!

• Like 1