2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

54 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not sure I'd understand this move, unless he hates Harsin or something.

Maybe yes, but definitely Harsin's job is tenuous. So there's also a job security factor.

Plus Gundy's had a history of empowering his assistants and giving them time. Even though OkSt loses a lot of defensive personnel, whoever takes the job knows that the last DC got 4 years to produce.

And there is the thing that Auburn, AL = Stillwater, OK. Both view Olive Garden as fine dining.

Edited by quigley

8 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Auburn-Opelika is actually nicer than I had expected before visiting.  I'd live there before Stillwater.  So pecking order is Auburn > Stillwater > Los Angeles.  

Auburn and Columbus, GA (the closest biggish city) are both nicer than one would expect, without actually being interesting on a national level.

I'd rather be a rich man in LA before the other two by a factor of 100000.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Auburn and Columbus, GA (the closest biggish city) are both nicer than one would expect, without actually being interesting on a national level.

I'd rather be a rich man in LA before the other two by a factor of 100000.

I'm with you-  was making fun of the uncultured swine who questioned Lincoln's move from a quality of life perspective.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Auburn-Opelika is actually nicer than I had expected before visiting.  I'd live there before Stillwater.  So pecking order is Auburn > Stillwater > Los Angeles.  

I've stayed there twice for overnight stops in the mid-1990's during long road trips between Texas and NC.  It actually wasn't that bad -- though I was a relatively unrefined college student back then, and I wonder what 2022 South Austin would think of the place.  I've never been to Stillwater, but I've driven through enough of Oklahoma to know that Auburn is way better. 

53 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I've stayed there twice for overnight stops in the mid-1990's during long road trips between Texas and NC.  It actually wasn't that bad -- though I was a relatively unrefined college student back then, and I wonder what 2022 South Austin would think of the place.  I've never been to Stillwater, but I've driven through enough of Oklahoma to know that Auburn is way better. 

It's nice enough - cute little downtown. It ain't Starkville or CStat. But the flagship SEC college towns like Oxford, Athens, and Tuscaloosa blow it out of the water.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It’s more than just north south, religiously and personality wise it’s terrible. 

I'm just quoting the Auburn WR that got kicked off the team. 

For those talking up Auburn, my lone memory of that town is two dudes with white power prison tats hitting on an obese hotel clerk.

34 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I'm just quoting the Auburn WR that got kicked off the team. 

For those talking up Auburn, my lone memory of that town is two dudes with white power prison tats hitting on an obese hotel clerk.

So how long have you been a part of the Aryan brotherhood and/or an obese person working in a hotel?

30 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I have a client in there right now. He says the trick is: kick someone's ass the first day, or become someone's bitch. Then everything will be all right.

He may want to add getting a new lawyer to his list of first day to-dos

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, South Austin said:

I think I'm supposed to say I've driven through enough of your mom to know something something is way better...

• Haha 3