2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

9 hours ago, ousux said:
14 hours ago, UTEE97 said:
I get a kick out of the fact that TCU is paying their living legend to coach at Texas. We are just footing the bill for his discretionary spending. emoji23.png

The only kick is to my own ass for not going into coaching as a profession..

Texas Reportedly Fires Charlie Strong, Hires Tom Herman

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I'm kind of amazed that spare has progressed in the coaching ranks. 

Are you really? How many stories of failing upward do we need to see? Greg Davis won an award for being the best at his job in the entire country. That's how well the industry judges coaching performance. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Are you really? How many stories of failing upward do we need to see? Greg Davis won an award for being the best at his job in the entire country. That's how well the industry judges coaching performance. 

Fair point. But that also doesn't mean I don't still have a WTF moment every single time someone hires Shawn Watson. It'd be like telling me that Tristan Nicholson is moving up the coaching ranks as well. Da fuk?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Fair point. But that also doesn't mean I don't still have a WTF moment every single time someone hires Shawn Watson. It'd be like telling me that Tristan Nicholson is moving up the coaching ranks as well. Da fuk?

Understanding football mentally and getting your body to do what your mind wants to do are two distinctly different things. I mean, in my mind I know I can beat CTJ in a footrace and throw a football clear over them mountains. 

Edited by Vertigo

On 2/9/2022 at 11:57 AM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Wait a minute... that cunt Lucy had a last name? Am I going to get crowd sourced for not knowing that? 

no but we are gonna blow your fucking mind when we tell you who Lucy's brother was...and they weren't the only Van Pelt siblings.