2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

29 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Interesting note from IT regarding Jordan Nabors - seems noteworthy that they are openly speculating as to the effect Coleman's termination would have on recruits 

Reveal hidden contents

Another factor to keep an eye on in the Nabors recruitment is that his primary relationship is with WR coach Andre Coleman. As IT mentioned on Monday in the scoop there will likely be a coaching shuffle of some degree and if Coleman ends up out at Texas, that ripple effect could see Nabors wind up sticking in Waco or even heading west to Lubbock.

Yeah he gone

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

How does it not make sense for either party? It’s better recruiting and possibly coaching (how could it be worse) for Texas and a major raise and promotion for Samples. What am I missing?

By "not make sense" for Texas I mean that it doesn't seem like something this staff or AD department will pursue that fervently.

And as far as money/promotion goes SMU and TCU are probably about to bid against each other for him to where he ends up landing close to if not 7 figs with an assistant HC or co-OC title (one of those he already has).

I just don't see it in the stars. He's a DFW guy that seems to enjoy where he's at regionally speaking and is about to be the prettiest girl at the dance. 

Again - totally cool if I'm wrong. God knows I'd love him at Texas more than some alternatives. 

But as posted above if Coleman goes it certainly opens the door a bit. 

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

By "not make sense" for Texas I mean that it doesn't seem like something this staff or AD department will pursue that fervently.

And as far as money/promotion goes SMU and TCU are probably about to bid against each other for him to where he ends up landing close to if not 7 figs with an assistant HC or co-OC title (one of those he already has).

I just don't see it in the stars. He's a DFW guy that seems to enjoy where he's at regionally speaking and is about to be the prettiest girl at the dance. 

Again - totally cool if I'm wrong. God knows I'd love him at Texas more than some alternatives. 

But as posted above if Coleman goes it certainly opens the door a bit. 

Cmon you cannot seriously believe that SMU or TCU could or would outbid or provide better compensation or even a better platform than Texas..? Don’t be ridiculous. And in terms of Texas pursuing fervently, I can’t attest to that but I do know there is heavy interest from both sides. Texas would want him to be the prettiest girl at the dance in DFW, he would just be coaching in austin 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Cmon you cannot seriously believe that SMU or TCU could or would outbid or provide better compensation or even a better platform than Texas..? Don’t be ridiculous. And in terms of Texas pursuing fervently, I can’t attest to that but I do know there is heavy interest from both sides. Texas would want him to be the prettiest girl at the dance in DFW, he would just be coaching in austin 

If there's heavy interest I'm glad to hear it. TCU and SMU could offer him a higher position (unless Sark is about to hand over a lot of duties to a guy that wasn't on his staff year 1) and SMU is about to have a fairly wide open checkbook for a few top assistants. It just seems like too perfect of a storm to yank him back after 2 years to a school he doesn't have much connection to when he's about to have extremely compelling offers from a couple schools in the area not to mention whoever else in the country might come poaching. 

10 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

The only wagon I’m hitching myself to is the you’re an idiot with really stupid ideas wagon.

I'm not sharing ideas I'm sharing opinions. And those opinions involve multiple schools I'm fairly heavily invested in. I don't come here to shit up the board and I'd kill for Samp at Texas. Just don't see it. We'll find out pretty fucking soon so no need to get ahead of yourself. 

Texas is sitting at 4 and fucking 7 under a first year HC I might remind y'all. 

Edited by ztejas

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

TCU and SMU could offer him a higher position (unless Sark is about to hand over a lot of duties to a guy that wasn't on his staff year 1) and SMU is about to have a fairly wide open checkbook for a few top assistants.

Sure they can give him a bullshit title but that doesn’t matter. I mean Choate left a standing Hc job to be a non play calling DC position coach at Texas. There are multiple benefits of taking a “lesser” title at Texas than a higher title at a lesser school. And money won’t be an issue

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Sure they can give him a bullshit title but that doesn’t matter. I mean Choate left a standing Hc job to be a non play calling DC position coach at Texas. There are multiple benefits of taking a “lesser” title at Texas than a higher title at a lesser school. And money won’t be an issue

I don't think money is an issue for any of the schools involved which at the time seem like TCU/SMU/aggy/Texas. What I worry about is the optics and potential ramifications down the line of hitching one's wagon to an extremely unproven Texas coaching staff that is continuing to shit the bed week after week in season one. Dykes isn't going to TCU because SMU wasn't going to pay him. LIkewise - I don't think Samples' decision will be as simple as "oh well TCU and SMU want me for $500k but Texas offered me $800k". I think the money will pretty much wash out and it will be left to the nuance. 

4 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Doesn’t have much connection to Texas?  If this were a soccer league we’d be taking back our “loan” from a lower division team.  You really are a proven imbecile.

Seriously? He's been at SMU now longer than he was at Texas. He's from Dallas and played for UH. When you loan someone you have their contract in pocket. Samples is not beholden to Texas in any way shape or form. He wasn't even at Texas under the current HC or staff. 

If I'm an imbecile because I'm sharing opinions some of you don't like hearing then pardon me if I don't apologize. Maybe contribute something to the discussion or realize that Texas is currently a shit program with coaches that may or may not be shit themselves and that that doesn't guarantee that the best coaches in the country are going to blindly come back here.

If Samples is ambitious - and by all accounts he is - then it is a step forward in his career to be at a SEC/Big 12 school, especially a blue blood like Texas.  A smart, ambitious coach would look for a place where he can look good and shine.  Being a WR coach for Worthy, Jordan Hudson (presumably) and Evan Stewart (possibly) in Sark's offense would be a good start on the next rung of his career ladder.  Of course there is downside risk if Sark completely flames out and the team is awful for the next 2-3 years.  But whether or not Sark has the goods as a head coach, he has proven his bona fides as an offensive mind.  There are worse things on a young, offensive minded football coach than to soak in Sark's offensive philosophies for a few years.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Seriously? He's been at SMU now longer than he was at Texas. He's from Dallas and played for UH. When you loan someone you have their contract in pocket. Samples is not beholden to Texas in any way shape or form. He wasn't even at Texas under the current HC or staff. 

If I'm an imbecile because I'm sharing opinions some of you don't like hearing then pardon me if I don't apologize. Maybe contribute something to the discussion or realize that Texas is currently a shit program with coaches that may or may not be shit themselves and that that doesn't guarantee that the best coaches in the country are going to blindly come back here.

Motherfucker, if you can recruit you will always have a job.  Texas has more prestige than SMU/TCU will ever have.  I don’t give a fiddler’s fuck how down we are right now.  Coming to Texas to coach receivers will most certainly put his career on an upward trajectory.  Sark gets fired in 3 years, but Samples makes it rain while he is here and the next coach will either keep him or Saban will come and collect him.  Either way, there isn’t a downside to coming to Texas if he is offered.  Are you smoking crack, serious question?  I don’t mean to be rude, but you really seem to have your head firmly up your ass.

Edited by Fondren & Main
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't think money is an issue for any of the schools involved which at the time seem like TCU/SMU/aggy/Texas. What I worry about is the optics and potential ramifications down the line of hitching one's wagon to an extremely unproven Texas coaching staff that is continuing to shit the bed week after week in season one. Dykes isn't going to TCU because SMU wasn't going to pay him. LIkewise - I don't think Samples' decision will be as simple as "oh well TCU and SMU want me for $500k but Texas offered me $800k". I think the money will pretty much wash out and it will be left to the nuance. 

What are you talking about? You think a position coach job at Texas is worth less than a job at TCU or SMU because why exactly? Because the job may not be as stable? Because TCU and SMU will both have brand new coaches this year. Sure Texas is 4-8 but god man, it’s tcu and smu. Stop it! Fuck, samples would be stupid to take an 800k job at tcu or smu and bypassing a 500k job at Texas although that would never be the case. I like you because KTBFFH but this is easily the worst take ive ever seen you make

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

No sir, the outcome is one thing but your premise is another

Cut the fucking bullshit, sir. My premise is that Samples will not be coaching at Texas next year. Go hang out in the CR if you wanna endlessly twist shit to support your stance on the matter. 

32 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Cut the fucking bullshit, sir. My premise is that Samples will not be coaching at Texas next year. Go hang out in the CR if you wanna endlessly twist shit to support your stance on the matter. 

Lol what are you talking about? I have never posted nor viewed the cloak room and what we are discussing is that you think Texas, would not or could not, hire Samples for..reasons? Somehow, something popped in your mind which is why we are still discussing this I guess? I would love to find out what your reasoning is, that Texas and Samples could not coexist but I doubt this will ever happen. You literally argued that SMU and TCU are better jobs for him to take than Texas because of coaching security(both those jobs will be open in the next two weeks). Sure we can bet or whatever on Samples coaching here but I KNOW there is a possibility that it could happen and honestly it’s weird you are going to these lengths dispute it…I mean, just stop 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Lol what are you talking about? I have never posted nor viewed the cloak room and what we are discussing is that you think Texas, would not or could not, hire Samples for..reasons? Somehow, something popped in your mind which is why we are still discussing this I guess? I would love to find out what your reasoning is, that Texas and Samples could not coexist but I doubt this will ever happen. You literally argued that SMU and TCU are better jobs for him to take than Texas because of coaching security(both those jobs will be open in the next two weeks). Sure we can bet or whatever on Samples coaching here but I KNOW there is a possibility that it could happen and honestly it’s weird you are going to these lengths dispute it…I mean, just stop 

Idk man I'm smashed at this point in the evening. Just don't think he's coming here. Cest la vie. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Motherfucker, if you can recruit you will always have a job.  Texas has more prestige than SMU/TCU will ever have.  I don’t give a fiddler’s fuck how down we are right now.  Coming to Texas to coach receivers will most certainly put his career on an upward trajectory.  Sark gets fired in 3 years, but Samples makes it rain while he is here and the next coach will either keep him or Saban will come and collect him.  Either way, there isn’t a downside to coming to Texas if he is offered.  Are you smoking crack, serious question?  I don’t mean to be rude, but you really seem to have your head firmly up your ass.

I love it "Fondren & Main"

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

9 hours ago, alphahorn said:

Terry Joseph better be gone and we need to do a full court press on Corey Raymond. It's time he moves on and we need to money whip him into saying yes.  Coleman is a goner, can't believe he was retained.

Would Raymond even get past compliance? Wasn’t that a hold up last time because of the LSU scandal he wasn’t named in? Maybe full support from Eltiffe and Hartzell ramrods that 

Bobby:

Based on information I’ve received, we should not expect Gary Patterson to have any involvement at Texas next season. The defensive-minded head coach was ousted by TCU at mid-season and there were some rumors Steve Sarkisian might lean on Patterson to help shore up the Texas defense in the off-season.

While Patterson has a great deal of respect for Sark, privately calling Sark’s offensive mind the best in the Big 12 and even going so far to say he likes him personally, and Patterson and Texas Athletic Director Chris Del Conte, who formerly held the same position at TCU, have a good relationship, I’m told Patterson is not looking to move away from Fort Worth at this time unless it’s as a head coach elsewhere. The purple in his blood runs deep. In fact, despite his departure from on-field coaching, Patterson was in his office this week trying to help TCU coaches with their gameplan against Iowa State.

Could things change over time for Patterson? Sure.

But I was told not to expect anything where Patterson would be directly involved with UT.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby:

Based on information I’ve received, we should not expect Gary Patterson to have any involvement at Texas next season. The defensive-minded head coach was ousted by TCU at mid-season and there were some rumors Steve Sarkisian might lean on Patterson to help shore up the Texas defense in the off-season.

While Patterson has a great deal of respect for Sark, privately calling Sark’s offensive mind the best in the Big 12 and even going so far to say he likes him personally, and Patterson and Texas Athletic Director Chris Del Conte, who formerly held the same position at TCU, have a good relationship, I’m told Patterson is not looking to move away from Fort Worth at this time unless it’s as a head coach elsewhere. The purple in his blood runs deep. In fact, despite his departure from on-field coaching, Patterson was in his office this week trying to help TCU coaches with their gameplan against Iowa State.

Could things change over time for Patterson? Sure.

But I was told not to expect anything where Patterson would be directly involved with UT.

He probably loves the God status he thinks he still has on that campus so he can keep sliding in college girls’ DMs. Also whatever places still give him food free of charge. 

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Patterson was probably more of a pipe dream. Pruitt is probably gonna get caught in the crossfire with the NY Giants implosion so he'd be my first call. This is all probably pointless though because Sark ain't gonna fire PK, he doesn't have the guts.

Isn’t Pruitt still pretty much off limits for anyone in college? Not sure when his stink/show cause wears off

6 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Would Raymond even get past compliance? Wasn’t that a hold up last time because of the LSU scandal he wasn’t named in? Maybe full support from Eltiffe and Hartzell ramrods that 

Compliance has a guideline that prevents the hiring of anyone involved in an active investigation. It is fucking stupid that this was applied to Raymond, as he was not directly implicated and ultimately never came up in the LSU rape scandal, but that is what blocked him last time. Wouldn't be an issue moving forward. Unfortunately I've heard we kind of burned that bridge and Raymond is likely to stick at LSU and give the new coach a chance. I believe others on here have heard the same. 

1 hour ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Compliance has a guideline that prevents the hiring of anyone involved in an active investigation. It is fucking stupid that this was applied to Raymond, as he was not directly implicated and ultimately never came up in the LSU rape scandal, but that is what blocked him last time. Wouldn't be an issue moving forward. Unfortunately I've heard we kind of burned that bridge and Raymond is likely to stick at LSU and give the new coach a chance. I believe others on here have heard the same. 

That's nothing that money can't overcome.  But compliance needs to be selectively overruled.  Football should have it's own compliance department.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

that quote is re: Hudson. Basically saying that Hudson would go to Texas is Samples goes to Texas. That doesn't seem like a huge stretch. 

Nah it’s in regards to Samples. I texted him 

“If UT is an option he’ll choose UT.”

Edited by RGBIII
  • Hook 'Em 3