2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

17 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

To balance Nahlin's opinion, Hamilton is indirectly confirming that Jimbo expects Tommie Robinson to leave for a HC job (presumably Troy) and is already positioning to take a hard run at Samples as a replacement

I mean technically that doesn’t contradict Nahlin though. Sounds like Gerry is just saying there will be multiple suitors. Nahlin is saying Samples would pick Texas among the suitors. 

Jimbo might be able to hoodwink teenagers. But i doubt his " you are all i need for this offense ive run for 20 years to actually make use of multiple WRs"  

Hes been around the game long enough. And with his dad and Gilbert in his ear? While he might not pick Texas? He most definitely won't pick aggy. 

Smart money says if texas made the move. They would get him. 

But i think he has some animosity from when he left? For not giving him an on field coaching position. 

Does he blame Herman? Texas?  Or both?

Edited by NorLa Horns
Squirrel!

On 11/24/2021 at 4:46 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Would Raymond even get past compliance? Wasn’t that a hold up last time because of the LSU scandal he wasn’t named in? Maybe full support from Eltiffe and Hartzell ramrods that 

I mean at one point last time we heard Raymond had passed compliance. But that was all second and third hand info. 

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

So excluding "Coach Boom" from this discussion, who would Surly want as the new DC ??

Thoughts on Zach Arnett ??  (Seems like a no nonsense guy.)

Well, we did like him last time around when his name kept coming up and thought he was underwhelming…

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

So excluding "Coach Boom" from this discussion, who would Surly want as the new DC ??

Thoughts on Zach Arnett ??  (Seems like a no nonsense guy.)

Arnett interviewed before PK and was passed on. I heard he bombed all of his interviews last year.

5 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

So,  a good guy but not good coach? 

Yeah that was a typo. For about a month when we had no DC talk all the 995ers were like “we keep hearing zach Arnett I guess, but not a ton of smoke.” He was the de facto candidate when no one was hearing shit. The general consensus was “young guy maybe good but meh.”

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Arnett interviewed before PK and was passed on. I heard he bombed all of his interviews last year.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah that was a typo. For about a month when we had no DC talk all the 995ers were like “we keep hearing zach Arnett I guess, but not a ton of smoke.” He was the de facto candidate when no one was hearing shit. The general consensus was “young guy maybe good but meh.”

Thanks

So with Samples seemingly TCU-bound, who do we target for WR coach if Coleman is indeed let go? Off the top of my head I'd go:

Dennis Simmons (only possible if Lincoln goes to LSU)

See if Holmon Wiggins has any interest in a reunion after a year with BOB

Mickey Joseph (obv only if Terry is retained)

Keary Colbert

Emmett Jones

Can everyone's favorite Tim Brewster coach WRs?

10 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

So with Samples seemingly TCU-bound, who do we target for WR coach if Coleman is indeed let go? Off the top of my head I'd go:

Keary Colbert

Emmett Jones

Billy Gonzalez from UF needs a job

26 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Keary Colbert

Emmett Jones

Malcolm Kelly? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

So....no?

He's no rainmaker, but he has a good reputation. 

Shocked he was mentioned ahead of tim brewster. Sure you don’t want to move banks to CB coach to make room for Timbo?

Slow Friday night huh? Hope you find the fun you're looking for

2 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

He's no rainmaker, but he has a good reputation. 

Slow Friday night huh? Hope you find the fun you're looking for

You mean surfing surly after multiple days of driving for thanksgiving and back from the game in Austin today with my family? While my kiddo watches TV? Yeah, this feels great. Whatre you, 25 to be trying to shame someone for their Friday night activity? 

That explains a lot, actually. 

You mean surfing surly after multiple days of driving for thanksgiving and back from the game in Austin today with my family? While my kiddo watches TV? Yeah, this feels great. Whatre you, 25 to be trying to shame someone for their Friday night activity? 

nah you're just all on my jock and I assumed you had better things to do. But you don't. 

5 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I get Samples appears to be a great in-state recruiter, but outside of that, I don’t get the multiple year circle-jerk around here for this guy. I choose to believe there are nationally relevant, proven WR coaches we can throw money at before settling for him.

I think its the potential for locking down DFW which is something that he uniquely offers.

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

nah you're just all on my jock and I assumed you had better things to do. But you don't. 

Or you could stop posting absurd shit. People would go back to not noticing you. I don’t think folks remembering stupid shit you post and tossing it back in your face qualifies as “on your jock” but, well, you do seem delusional so I guess believe what you want. You will regardless. 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Or you could stop posting absurd shit. People would go back to not noticing you. I don’t think folks remembering stupid shit you post and tossing it back in your face qualifies as “on your jock” but, well, you do seem delusional so I guess believe what you want. You will regardless. 

I acknowledged that I was wrong 15 minutes after I said it but go off. You are on my jock for coming on another thread to attack me for something that happened days ago and being a douche. Do what makes you happy man. You're delusional for thinking I care if you notice me or not. Block me or put me on ignore, idgaf.