2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

Just now, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I acknowledged that I was wrong 15 minutes after I said it but go off. You are on my jock for coming on another thread to attack me for something that happened days ago and being a douche. Do what makes you happy man. You're delusional for thinking I care if you notice me or not. Block me or put me on ignore, idgaf.

Hey twatwaffle, I ribbed you a bit in my first post, but I also made a valid coaching point about a coach that this board has also been obsessed with before moving onto Samples in Tim Brewster. Who is an elite recruiter but specific to the TE position. Someone was going to bring it up, regardless of us currently having an elite recruiter at TE. Which was the point of this thread, discussing the coaching carousel. Maybe be a bit less sensitive. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

So with Samples seemingly TCU-bound, who do we target for WR coach if Coleman is indeed let go? Off the top of my head I'd go:

Dennis Simmons (only possible if Lincoln goes to LSU)

See if Holmon Wiggins has any interest in a reunion after a year with BOB

Mickey Joseph (obv only if Terry is retained)

Keary Colbert

Emmett Jones

Can everyone's favorite Tim Brewster coach WRs?

Hamilton makes it seem like Joseph is safe no matter who the hire is. That would mean Simmons would potentially be available and given sarks history that would be a fit. 

Are we sure Drayton is here for the long term? I think his daughter just committed to LSU and if Riley gets that gig then he presumably is leaving Murray on the tarmac in Norman.

Jones seems to be 2nd in command at KU and that is hard to replicate as a WR coach anywhere else.

1 minute ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Yes because that’s what we need to be focused on. Nvm that with all of the Texas talent on our roster, the top contributors were all from out of state. Tell me more about how we need to lock down dfw. Jackass

Thats the legit reason why programs want Samples. Many of our top targets including Stewart, Neto, Campbell, and Williams are from DFW. As well as a plethora of 23's, jackass.

LSU definitely thinks they have Riley. All these other coaches getting extensions and finding other jobs while LSU does nothing should tell you they think Riley is in the bag. 

It was obvious a few days ago that this was headed towards Riley because there’s no way LSU would be missing on Aranda, Tucker and Napier types. 

3 hours ago, Big Woodrows said:

Drumm (OU 247) is starting to sound alarm bells fwiw. Seems that Riley hasn't made any attempt to address the LSU rumors with players/recruits.

Yeah, not getting any closer to winning a CFP game this year has some okie's saying stupid shit about Riley -- some gooners feel Stoops more responsible for success over last few seasons than Blinkin'...

LR may just have his fill of "Tiger King Land" so wants to be in charge of his own handpicked bengals... 

image.png

Thx for pic @JMFP  

Edited by LTtxfan
Fuckin' Autocorrect
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

LSU definitely thinks they have Riley. All these other coaches getting extensions and finding other jobs while LSU does nothing should tell you they think Riley is in the bag. 

It was obvious a few days ago that this was headed towards Riley because there’s no way LSU would be missing on Aranda, Tucker and Napier types. 

I think they had a commitment from Jimbo if Riley said no so they never felt the need to call anybody else. The week the Riley smoke got real coincided with Jimbos "dumbest person ever" rant

40 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I think they had a commitment from Jimbo if Riley said no so they never felt the need to call anybody else. The week the Riley smoke got real coincided with Jimbos "dumbest person ever" rant

All they've had from Jimbo is a big fat NO. Aggie locked him up. 100MM buy out.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Thought jimbo didn’t have a buyout?1

Perhaps, I'm friends with a board member of aggie and his text to me was Jimbo wasn't going anywhere, "he has a $100 milllion nut." So, he might of just been referring to the size of his new contract that he'd be walking away from.  But Jimbo is set and off the table from the aggies perspective

8 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Perhaps, I'm friends with a board member of aggie and his text to me was Jimbo wasn't going anywhere, "he has a $100 milllion nut." So, he might of just been referring to the size of his new contract that he'd be walking away from.  But Jimbo is set and off the table from the aggies perspective

Perhaps you’re a moron who doesn’t understand how this works

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I’ll be surprised if more than two coaches get replaced this off-season. One of Joseph/Gideon and Coleman seem most likely. 

Sark needs to make moves quick - he waited way too long and lost out on good candidates the first time around. 

If we really only change those two coaches we will know for sure how truly fucked we are. 

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I don't see more changes. I predict a coach on each side of the ball and perhaps S&C

I am a stubborn man. When the staff was filled out the most questionable hires were Becton, Coleman, Gideon, and Joseph. I am going to stick with that as the hit list 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I don't see more changes. I predict a coach on each side of the ball and perhaps S&C

Agreed.

This isn’t Charlie Strong bringing along a bunch of has-beens, or Herman bringing his G5 squad - each of these guys, save Gideon, has a track record of success in the P5.

I just can’t see Sark thinking that major staff turnover is going to help. 

12 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Agreed.

This isn’t Charlie Strong bringing along a bunch of has-beens, or Herman bringing his G5 squad - each of these guys, save Gideon, has a track record of success in the P5.

I think he also hires a crap ton of analyst. Id be shocked if we didn't raid the USC and UW support staffs

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Agreed.

If Sark only makes minor changes after this debacle and we have another year anything like this, he’s done. It’s just a matter of if it’s after 2 or 3 years. I don’t think minor changes are going to be acceptable to anyone paying attention. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

If Sark only makes minor changes after this debacle and we have another year anything like this, he’s done. It’s just a matter of if it’s after 2 or 3 years. I don’t think minor changes are going to be acceptable to anyone paying attention. 

This.  I can't fathom how it isn't PK that will get the ax.  Then let the new DC figure it out from there.

We can bitch about the players all we want, but the alignment and schemes were fucked all year.  At a minimum, we are not playing complimentary ball.  We have an offense trying to score on every play and a defense that is playing 'bend but don't break'.  Then we wonder why the defense gets 'worn down' at the end of games.  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

This is Sark's Shawn Watson moment.  Let's see what he does.

• Hook 'Em 3

Agree that getting the offseason changes right is huge for Sark.

I think it's a lot to expect him to get everything right staff-wise from Day 1.

That type of hire wasn't available IMO.  

It's reasonable to expect Sark to have growing pains in this job.  He was not one of the four or five ultra proven head coaches out there.

And we aren't paying him like that either.

But he needs to correctly diagnose problems and make effective changes.

How he does this should determine his tenure at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hey twatwaffle, I ribbed you a bit in my first post, but I also made a valid coaching point about a coach that this board has also been obsessed with before moving onto Samples in Tim Brewster. Who is an elite recruiter but specific to the TE position. Someone was going to bring it up, regardless of us currently having an elite recruiter at TE. Which was the point of this thread, discussing the coaching carousel. Maybe be a bit less sensitive. 

I find this insulting. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rod Babers said this and I agree. With the returning skill guys and an improvement at QB, Texas has a shot to be one of the truly elite offenses in CFB. The quicker that Sark embraces and realizes that the better off we will be. Sark wants to play complementary ball but he needs to go try to hang 70 every game.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Rod Babers said this and I agree. With the returning skill guys and an improvement at QB, Texas has a shot to be one of the truly elite offenses in CFB. The quicker that Sark embraces and realizes that the better off we will be. Sark wants to play complementary ball but he needs to go try to hang 70 every game.

I don’t know how anyone can say that given the current make-up of our OL. The skill guys are there but we’ve got two QBs who can’t play and an OL that 80% of the time play like they would get pushed around in FCS. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I’m not going to advocate for anyone - but these aren’t even close to the same situation.  

Yea, hiring a proven loser and not firing him after continuing to be a loser is much different than hiring a proven winner and (maybe) not firing him after one year of being a loser.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don’t know how anyone can say that given the current make-up of our OL. The skill guys are there but we’ve got two QBs who can’t play and an OL that 80% of the time play like they would get pushed around in FCS. 

Our OL is definitely improving.  A good qb will make them look even better.  Not saying our OL is Bama but if we can get a guy that can follow then progressions the way Sark wants and get the ball out in time without panicking, we will look even better.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Our OL is definitely improving.  A good qb will make them look even better.  Not saying our OL is Bama but if we can get a guy that can follow then progressions the way Sark wants and get the ball out in time without panicking, we will look even better.

Yeah if Flood is worth his salary the OL should be noticeably better next year. A lot of guys are returning with a lot of experience. S&C this winter is so important for this program.

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom