Texas Football Roster 2022 -- "Welcome To The Party Pal"

LTtxfan

Cross-post great Roster info @Hiphopopotamos 

Hipho:  Anyone keeping a running list of Texas transfers?   Here is what I've got - I'm sure there are fuckups - so scream out the corrections and call me an idiot at your leisure. 

image.png

Edit:  

• Devin Richardson is a RS Junior next year
  • Ghirmai & Bujcevski part of Sr Day 
  • Estell is gone
  • Dunn no eligibility left 
Edited by LTtxfan

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Cross-post great Roster info @Hiphopopotamos 

Hipho:  Anyone keeping a running list of Texas transfers?   Here is what I've got - I'm sure there are fuckups - so scream out the corrections and call me an idiot at your leisure. 

image.png

Edit:  

• Devin Richardson is a RS Junior next year
  • Ghirmai & Bujcevski part of Sr Day 
  • Estell is gone
  • Dunn no eligibility left 

So are we going to take another recruiting trip to Australia, the land of human-pinball (aka, Aussie rules football), to get another All-American punter?  Lulz.

Updated projection:

QB (4): portal (Ewers), Card, Wright, Murphy

RB (5): Bijan, Roschon, Keilan, Brooks, Blue

WR (10): Worthy, Whittington, Washington, recruit (Stewart), Thompson, Dixon, Cain, Alexis, Omeire, recruit (Red)

TE (4): portal (?), Sanders, Helm, Davis 

OL (16): portal (?), portal (?), Majors, Angilau, Karic, Jones, Conner, recruit (Banks), recruit (Campbell), Parr, Garth, Merril, Hookfin, Robertson, Hutson, recruit (Neto)

DL (16): Collins, Coburn, Ojomo, Oghoufu, Murphy, Broughton, Sorrell, Harris, Tapp, Finkley, Bledsoe, Swanson, Abiara, Bryant, Jones, Ross

LB (11): portal (?), Overshown, recruit (Perkins), Ford, Brockermeyer, Gbenda, Richardson, Blackwell, Brown, McKinzie, Johnson 

DB (16): Jamison, portal (Mukuba), Cook, Thompson, Adimora, Barron, Crawford, recruit (Harris), recruit (Law), Allen, Gilbeau, Johnson, Coffey, Ibraheem, Jordan, Lewis 

ST (3): Pearson, Stone, St. Louis

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Updated projection:

WR (10): Worthy, Whittington, Washington, recruit (Stewart), Thompson, Dixon, Cain, Alexis, Omeire, recruit (Red)

OL (16): portal (?), portal (?), Majors, Angilau, Karic, Jones, Conner, recruit (Banks), recruit (Campbell), Parr, Garth, Merril, Hookfin, Robertson, Hutson, recruit (Neto)

DL (16): Collins, Coburn, Ojomo, Oghoufu, Murphy, Broughton, Sorrell, Harris, Tapp, Finkley, Bledsoe, Swanson, Abiara, Bryant, Jones, Ross

LB (11): portal (?), Overshown, recruit (Perkins), Ford, Brockermeyer, Gbenda, Richardson, Blackwell, Brown, McKinzie, Johnson 

DB (16): Jamison, portal (Mukuba), Cook, Thompson, Adimora, Barron, Crawford, recruit (Harris), recruit (Law), Allen, Gilbeau, Johnson, Coffey, Ibraheem, Jordan, Lewis 

Harris and Perkins aren't coming here, don't waste your mental energy on them. More likely we will get more portal guys at those positions.

Updated projection:

lol a little pessimistic on the recruiting front, don’t you think?

Cross-post -- Thx for interesting roster info @Askew

Assuming the 33-counter number is accurate and my understanding is correct that those 33 counters can all be used on HS recruits, I think we need to pump the brakes on how much the portal is going to be used this cycle. Looks like Sark is really trying to rebuild the team/culture the right way, and that means bringing in HS recruits and developing them. It's also clear that Sark is going to keep powder dry to shoot his shot with 5-stars and address the OL, which means he will mostly wait on transfers until NSD1 and NSD2 are over. 

We're at 21 counters right now. From the offers that are out and how the staff is pushing guys, it looks like the staff is going to address depth needs with HS recruits. That likely means they'll take an additional S (LTG), RB/APB (Red), and CB (Brice or Harris). That's 24. 

OL depth is going to be addressed through HS recruits. We absolutely need more HS OL. They're going to take 4 more OL at least. That's 28. 

The only portal guys I'd pencil in to that right now are QB (Ewers) and OL (Dunlap). Takes us to 30. 

Of the remaining 3 spots, I guarantee Sark will reserve spots until NSD2 for any 5-star or any OL left on the board.  Banks, Campbell, Cam Williams will all have spots saved. So will any of Perkins, Law, Dewberry, Greene, Stewart, should they magically want in the class. 

Just with how the board currently looks, I could see a scenario where QB (Ewers) and OL (Dunlap) are our only transfers. I think we max out at 5 transfers. 

Cross-posting a roster conversation post by @Shonen

The scholarship limit remains 85. Impact of Seniors returning to use their COVID year is an open question I have with respect to their inclusion in the 85 hard cap. 

The 33 new additions is because we had 1 unused initial counter from prior cycle which allows us to backcount on of this year's early enrollees +25 normal initial counters allowed +up to 7 additional initial counters on a 1:1 basis for attrition lost this cycle through 12/15 - we're well over the 7 to allow 7extra initial counters: 

Jake Smith, Keithron Lee, Joshua Moore, Al'Vontae Woodard 

Rafiti Ghirmai, Tyler Johnson 

Terrence Cooks 

Tyler Owens, Marques Caldwell 

If Sark only gets 1 OL in the portal he’s gone after next season

Legit Portal dudes transfer to start. We’ve got returnees with significant starting experience and an additional guy with prett solid experience. Then we’ve got Conner.

If we hit the high value HS dudes, then fewer spots for Portal guys. Sounds like one HS dude will vie for immediate playing time.

If all that happens we’re in solid shape. But have to continue to build.

15 hours ago, XForce said:

Is he family or….

His name is cam ward, 3 seasons of eligibility left, currently in the portal, and he’s actually a cousin of quandre diggs and Quentin jammer. Led UIW to their first ever playoff win this year and threw for like 4600 yards. No way he’s coming here but interested to see if he can produce at the FBS level.

• Hook 'Em 1

Experience being the worst starters in the history of the program

Wrong but keep molesting that chicken.

Remember that thought that we couldn’t sustain drives?

Would you call 4 drives of 9 plays or more in the last game sustaining drives? Throw in one QB out and another less than 100%. Best player in America in Bijan = out. That was against a solid run D. Roschon was great but you don’t run up near 200 yards at almost 6 per carry without some good stuff up front.

Top 4 RBs averaged 5.8 or better. QBs weren’t beat up too much and almost never escaped the rush.

They had too many misses, but often when that occurred it was one dude. First year in system. Improvement will occur. Superstars needed. Depth needed. Worst starters in history? Unfortunately, you can find worse in the past 10 years. Easy.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Stupid question, but do JUCO transfers go through the portal?  It's for every level of collegiate level athletes?   Helobious' comments about the UIW QB got me to wondering.  

Also let's say the institution they are transferring out of gets horsey and tells profs to tank the kid's grades, how would that play in whether they are allowed in or not?   I assume things like this can be challenged through the NCAA, or they can be enrolled on some sort of probation?

3 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Wrong but keep molesting that chicken.

Remember that thought that we couldn’t sustain drives?

Would you call 4 drives of 9 plays or more in the last game sustaining drives? Throw in one QB out and another less than 100%. Best player in America in Bijan = out. That was against a solid run D. Roschon was great but you don’t run up near 200 yards at almost 6 per carry without some good stuff up front.

Top 4 RBs averaged 5.8 or better. QBs weren’t beat up too much and almost never escaped the rush.

They had too many misses, but often when that occurred it was one dude. First year in system. Improvement will occur. Superstars needed. Depth needed. Worst starters in history? Unfortunately, you can find worse in the past 10 years. Easy.

They repeatedly got their asses kicked 1on1, had no clue on how to handle stunts and blitzes, damn near got Casey killed, and were the reason for the hurried/shitty throw that got Whittington’s collarbone broken. If more than 2 of that bunch are starters next year we are fucked. Maybe true freshmen can fill 3+ spots and not suck. I doubt it but we will see

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

This seems unexpected, considering how hard he went in that last game.   Was hoping to see him play a full year with more talent surrounding him.

It's completely expected since he's out of eligibility 

They repeatedly got their asses kicked 1on1, had no clue on how to handle stunts and blitzes, damn near got Casey killed, and were the reason for the hurried/shitty throw that got Whittington’s collarbone broken. If more than 2 of that bunch are starters next year we are fucked. Maybe true freshmen can fill 3+ spots and not suck. I doubt it but we will see

The oline calmed down a bunch and played better at end of year, with QB play and injuries clearly the top issue.

It was still a below average unit. Average in run blocking. Below average in pass pro.

I agree we need 2 new contributors and 4 new viable options next year. Portal, Transfers, Walkons, Time Machines, whatever. Otherwise, we are looking at another catastrophe.

Our losing streak was a combo of bad defense and an embarrassing record of 3 and outs.