Texas Football Roster 2022 -- "Welcome To The Party Pal"

LTtxfan

Average Line Yards, Standard Down Line Yards, Opportunity Rate and Stuff Rate. All ranked in the top 15 in the country.

Pass Down Line Yards, Power Success Rate, Pass Down Sack Rate. All ranked top 50 in the country. But barely.

We were 93 and 107 in Sack Rate and Std Downs Sack Rate.

I guess everyone can make their own judgments. The most interesting thing to me is that we are average on pass blocking on passing downs but poor on standard. My guess would be that we get confused on some of our play action game when we pull. Additionally, we may have some issues cause the defense has a lot of bodies trying to shut down Bijan and attacking the LOS which filters into the play action pass game.

Our Power Success Rate isn’t better cause our play calling was too predictable outside of the Roschon/Brewer QB sneaks, both of which worked.

Alabama was worse than us except for our two crappy rankings. And they weren’t great there. Same for Michigan State across the board but they were top 10 in Sack Rate and Standard Downs sack rate. We were slightly better on Passing Downs Sack Rate.

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

Assuming Ewers comes and both Card and Thompson portal, I wonder if they give Roschon a wildcat package and effectively make him the backup QB.  Might be hard to find someone in the portal who is both good enough to feel good about as QB2 who also knows he has no chance of starting.

I am sure they will, but I doubt he is ever the official backup. Malik and wright can battle it out for backup duties. Personally I think Wright has potential to be a solid player.

On 12/11/2021 at 4:08 PM, Snake Diggity said:

Assuming Ewers comes and both Card and Thompson portal, I wonder if they give Roschon a wildcat package and effectively make him the backup QB.  Might be hard to find someone in the portal who is both good enough to feel good about as QB2 who also knows he has no chance of starting.

I’ll bet Roschon has the biggest dick of anybody on the team.  

• Haha 1

Texas currently sits at 86 scholarship players counting all commits plus existing guys with remaining eligibility who are not in the portal:

QB (5): Ewers, Thompson, Card, Wright, Murphy; Card and Thompson are expected to portal

RB (5): Bijan, Roschon, Keilan, Brooks, Blue; they are recruiting at least 1 more

WR (9): Worthy, Whittington, Washington, Thompson, Dixon, Omeire, Cain, Alexis, Harrison; they are recruiting at least 1 more

TE (5): Wiley, Helm, Sanders, Davis, Liebrock; I wouldn't expect Liebrock to stick around, Wiley has been mentioned as a portal candidate

OL (13): Banks, Angilau, Majors, Williams, Karic, Jones, Conner, Hutson, Parr, Garth, Merril, Hookfin, Robertson; they are still recruiting 5 guys plus portal options

DL (20): Oghoufu, Coburn, Ojomo, Collins, Finkley, Murphy, Broughton, Bledsoe, Sorrell, Sweat, Warren, Harris, Jones, Tapp, Ross, Swanson, Dorbah, Welch, Bryant, Thomas; bound to be some attrition here

LB (12): Overshown, Brockermeyer, Ford, Gbenda, Richardson, Bush, Hullaby, Abiara, Blackwell, Brown, McKinzie, Johnson

DB (12): Jamison, Cook, Thompson, Crawford, Barron, Allen, Jordan, Johnson, Ibraheem, Coffey, Gilbeau, Lewis; they are recruiting at least 7 different guys here plus portal options

ST (5): Stone, Pearson, St. Louis, Bujcevski, Dicker; Dicker and Bujcevski are not expected back but neither has announced

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Texas currently sits at 86 scholarship players counting all commits plus existing guys with remaining eligibility who are not in the portal:

QB (5): Ewers, Thompson, Card, Wright, Murphy; Card and Thompson are expected to portal

RB (5): Bijan, Roschon, Keilan, Brooks, Blue; they are recruiting at least 1 more

WR (9): Worthy, Whittington, Washington, Thompson, Dixon, Omeire, Cain, Alexis, Harrison; they are recruiting at least 1 more

TE (5): Wiley, Helm, Sanders, Davis, Liebrock; I wouldn't expect Liebrock to stick around, Wiley has been mentioned as a portal candidate

OL (13): Banks, Angilau, Majors, Williams, Karic, Jones, Conner, Hutson, Parr, Garth, Merril, Hookfin, Robertson; they are still recruiting 5 guys plus portal options

DL (20): Oghoufu, Coburn, Ojomo, Collins, Finkley, Murphy, Broughton, Bledsoe, Sorrell, Sweat, Warren, Harris, Jones, Tapp, Ross, Swanson, Dorbah, Welch, Bryant, Thomas; bound to be some attrition here

LB (12): Overshown, Brockermeyer, Ford, Gbenda, Richardson, Bush, Hullaby, Abiara, Blackwell, Brown, McKinzie, Johnson

DB (12): Jamison, Cook, Thompson, Crawford, Barron, Allen, Jordan, Johnson, Ibraheem, Coffey, Gilbeau, Lewis; they are recruiting at least 7 different guys here plus portal options

ST (5): Stone, Pearson, St. Louis, Bujcevski, Dicker; Dicker and Bujcevski are not expected back but neither has announced

Why wouldn't you expect Liebrock to stick around? this will be his first healthy season.

I don't think Wiley goes anywhere, where would he go? Everywhere else would expect him to block more/better than he does now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, immamac said:

Why wouldn't you expect Liebrock to stick around? this will be his first healthy season.

I don't think Wiley goes anywhere, where would he go? Everywhere else would expect him to block more/better than he does now. 

plus he would miss out on the sweet burnt ends moneys.

Also this isn't an Ian Boyd article so it should be ok to post right?

image.png.9830515f0ad16275d65b6bdc1fcd436b.png

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

As a general rule I don’t expect any player who hasn’t seen the field in 3 years to stick around regardless of why he hasn’t played.  Here’s to a resurrection and me being wrong.

Wiley could go be the starting TE at any number of schools.  I’m just playing off the rumors that he would be gone.

Given the lack of rumors about recruiting/portal TE it may be the case that they expect all 5 guys back.

We will definitely need to lose a few in the DL room. My guesses would be Welch, Dorbah, Warren, and Broughton. 

I could also see a receiver or two leaving. Dixon, Omeire, Cain, Alexis, or Harrison

LB could be Bush or Hullaby. 

OL could be Parr, Garth, Merrill, and/or Hookfin

Edited by Vertigo

26 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

As a general rule I don’t expect any player who hasn’t seen the field in 3 years to stick around regardless of why he hasn’t played.  Here’s to a resurrection and me being wrong.

Wiley could go be the starting TE at any number of schools.  I’m just playing off the rumors that he would be gone.

Given the lack of rumors about recruiting/portal TE it may be the case that they expect all 5 guys back.

You say this, yet what schools are lining up to take him? Everywhere else has a better blocking TE that is in the Texas echelon of schools. He'd have been gone if he was going. Same with liebrock. Waiting to put your name in the portal doesn't help, and the coaches didn't force them out so they can be assumed staying. 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

You say this, yet what schools are lining up to take him? Everywhere else has a better blocking TE that is in the Texas echelon of schools. He'd have been gone if he was going. Same with liebrock. Waiting to put your name in the portal doesn't help, and the coaches didn't force them out so they can be assumed staying. 

I am looking forward to the eventual podcast when you interview a guy who has already transferred. I feel like it will be particularly interesting.

5 hours ago, immamac said:

SMU

Jeff Howe said this morning on HornFm that the additional 7  roster spots that can be added via transfer are based only on player numbers that portal out after Dec 15th.

1. If this is true, are there still at least 7 more guys that will leave after this Wednesday??
  2. Do the additional 7 roster spots have to be filled by transfers only,  or can High School kids fill those extra spots??

On 12/13/2021 at 10:58 PM, LTtxfan said:

Jeff Howe said this morning on HornFm that the additional 7  roster spots that can be added via transfer are based only on player numbers that portal out after Dec 15th.

1. If this is true, are there still at least 7 more guys that will leave after this Wednesday??
  2. Do the additional 7 roster spots have to be filled by transfers only,  or can High School kids fill those extra spots??

Based on your chart there are 59 returning (no Foster, Adimora, Bujchevki or Jamison.).  

On 12/13/2021 at 9:58 PM, LTtxfan said:

Jeff Howe said additional 7  roster spots added via transfer are based only on player numbers that portal out after Dec 15th.

"Schools will only be allowed to replace players who enter the portal after either the end of the institution’s fall term or Dec. 15, 2021, whichever is earlier

Thanks for this clarification @Hornlover

Edited by LTtxfan

20 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

"Schools will only be allowed to replace players who enter the portal after either the end of the institution’s fall term or Dec. 15, 2021, whichever is earlier

Thanks for this clarification @Hornlover

I pulled that from an article on The Athletic, so it might not be 100 percent accurate

40 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Wow, possibly 35 to 36 new additions...

Counting Ewers, 26 are signed, 2 are still unsigned and we are in the running for at least 3 others, so that would be 31  The Nevada player flipped to Oregon as the only committ to flip away.

Don't know if Covid rules still allow you to be over 85.  So we are at 60 + 26=86 before the unsigned players.

Hadn't realized just how young we were this past year.  31 freshman and 15 sophomores.

15 minutes ago, bullet said:

Counting Ewers, 26 are signed, 2 are still unsigned and we are in the running for at least 3 others, so that would be 31  The Nevada player flipped to Oregon as the only committ to flip away.

Don't know if Covid rules still allow you to be over 85.  So we are at 60 + 26=86 before the unsigned players.

Hadn't realized just how young we were this past year.  31 freshman and 15 sophomores.

How many of those freshmen and sophomores just got recruited over? 

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

We have plenty of players that should and will hit the portal.  It's a brave new world.

3 to 6 or more.  The list above shows 60, we signed 27 (counting Ewers), we have 1 unsigned committment and are favorites on at least 3 others for a total of 87 signed, 88 committed and possibly 91.

Shoutout to @Snake Diggity for the work on this.  Just updating. 

QB (5): Ewers, Thompson, Card, Wright, Murphy

RB (6): Bijan, Roschon, Keilan, Brooks, Blue, Red

WR (9): Worthy, Whittington, Washington, Thompson, Dixon, Omeire, Cain, Alexis, Harrison

TE (5): Wiley, Helm, Sanders, Davis, Liebrock

OL (15): Banks, Angilau, Majors, Williams, Karic, Jones, Conner, Hutson, Parr, Garth, Merril, Hookfin, Robertson, Umeozulu, Agbo

DL (20): Oghoufu, Coburn, Ojomo, Collins, Finkley, Murphy, Broughton, Bledsoe, Sorrell, Sweat, Warren, Harris, Tapp, Ross, Swanson, Dorbah, Welch, Bryant, Thomas, Burke

LB (11): Overshown, Brockermeyer, Ford, Gbenda, Richardson, Bush, Hullaby, Abiara, Blackwell, Brown, Johnson

DB (12): Jamison, Cook, Crawford, Barron, Allen, Jordan, Johnson, Ibraheem, Coffey, Guilbeau, Brooks, Brice

ST (5): Stone, Pearson, St. Louis, Bujcevski, Dicker; 

Still possibilities on DB Harris, WR Stewart, WR/DB Law, OL Campbell, DL Abor

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

WR (9): Worthy, Whittington, Washington, Thompson, Dixon, Omeire, Cain, Alexis, Harrison

OL (15): Banks, Angilau, Majors, Williams, Karic, Jones, Conner, Hutson, Parr, Garth, Merril, Hookfin, Robertson, Umeozulu, Agbo

DL (20): Oghoufu, Coburn, Ojomo, Collins, Finkley, Murphy, Broughton, Bledsoe, Sorrell, Sweat, Warren, Harris, Tapp, Ross, Swanson, Dorbah, Welch, Bryant, Thomas, Burke

LB (11): Overshown, Brockermeyer, Ford, Gbenda, Richardson, Bush, Hullaby, Abiara, Blackwell, Brown, Johnson

DB (12): Jamison, Cook, Crawford, Barron, Allen, Jordan, Johnson, Ibraheem, Coffey, Guilbeau, Brooks, Brice

You can probably cut out Ibraheem

Updated projection after yesterdays events and some updated feelings on attrition:

QB (4): Ewers, TBD*, Murphy, Wright

WR (9): Worthy, TBD*, Whittington, Washington, Thompson, Dixon, Omeire, Alexis, Cain

TE (5): Wiley, Sanders, Helm, Davis, Liebrock

OL (16): Banks, Angilau, Majors, Campbell*, Karic, Jones, Conner, Hutson, Neto, Agbo, Garth, Parr, Williams, Robertson, Merril, Hookfin

ST (4): Dicker, Pearson, Stone, St. Louis

DL (17): Collins, Coburn, Ojomo, Abor*, Oghoufu, Murphy, Broughton, Bledsoe, Sorrell, Harris, Ross, Finkley, Brown, Tapp, Swanson, Bryant, Burke

LB (9): Overshown, TBD*, Ford, Brockermeyer, Gbenda, TBD*, Richardson, Blackwell, Johnson

DB (15): Jamison, Cook, Wells*, TBD*, Thompson, Brooks, Allen, Barron, Crawford, TBD*, Jordan, Gilbeau, Coffey, Johnson, Brice

I am starting to think maybe one of Thompson or Card stays.  Possibly even both.

Immamac’s logic on the TE swayed me and I think they both stay.

The offense is one star WR and one experienced or stud OL away from being stacked.  The defense still needs a star LB and 2 DBs who can play.

Guys I have pegged for attrition: Harrison, Card, Thompson, Thomas, Bush, Welch, Sweat, Abiara, Dorbah, Hullaby, Ibraheem, Bujcevski.

12 hours ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

And S Goodson and RB Gatson.

Surprised we only signed 1 LB.  Seemed like we needed an upgrade there.