Texas Football Roster 2022 -- "Welcome To The Party Pal"

LTtxfan

On 12/13/2021 at 12:01 PM, immamac said:

You say this, yet what schools are lining up to take him? Everywhere else has a better blocking TE that is in the Texas echelon of schools. He'd have been gone if he was going. Same with liebrock. Waiting to put your name in the portal doesn't help, and the coaches didn't force them out so they can be assumed staying. 

This post aged poorly.

Honestly it's amusing to me. All I heard last season was how Casey was program first and wanted to compete for the starting job no matter what. 

Stupid take is stupid. The dude competed his ass off and the coaching staff basically told him he's not starter material with their actions re Ewers. If he wants meaningful playing time his best option is to transfer. I'll be rooting for the kid wherever he goes.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GhostOfTomChairman said:

Stupid take is stupid. The dude competed his ass off and the coaching staff basically told him he's not starter material with their actions re Ewers. If he wants meaningful playing time his best option is to transfer. I'll be rooting for the kid wherever he goes.

So he can do that against Hudson Card but not Quinn Ewers? Sorry just don't buy it. 

2 minutes ago, GhostOfTomChairman said:

Hudson was named starter weeks before the season started...a little late to transfer. Casey buckled down and kept competing. Can't expect the kid to keep giving his all when the coach is looking for an upgrade.

I like Casey and wish him well. He was limited physically, but he played his tail off at times this season. I wish him nothing but the best, but at the same time an upgrade at the position was sorely needed. 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, GhostOfTomChairman said:

I see regular fans say this sentiment a lot, but then see insiders say the opposite. makes you wonder

15 minutes ago, GhostOfTomChairman said:

Hudson was named starter weeks before the season started...a little late to transfer. Casey buckled down and kept competing. Can't expect the kid to keep giving his all when the coach is looking for an upgrade.

I think you mean "week" not weeks. he was named starter on the 27/28th of August, a week before the first game.

More like we tossed out the old flour that had weevils in it, and replacing it with some organic superfood that's power fuel for the body.
As long as the organic superfood is virtually indistiguishable from the unhealthy yet decadent ingredients in taste, texture and smell, then I'm in.

Edit- not tasting like dogshit is usually good enough for me.

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomChairman said:

Appreciate the pos rep but it's only honest to correct the misunderstanding.  I'm good with the transfer decision

Found old article on the 7 additional 2022 roster spots

NCAA to Expand College Football Class Signing Limit       (Sept 15th)
College programs would be able to sign 32 players per recruiting class rather than the previous limit of 25.

The NCAA is set to expand the college football recruiting class signing limit, sources told Sports Illustrated's Ross Dellenger

"Officials are set to pass a 1-year waiver next month to immediately expand the 25-man FB signing limit, sources tell Sports Illustrated," Dellenger tweeted on Tuesday. "Coaches can replace up to 7 players who leave for the portal. Max signing # would be 32 (25+7)."

This move would allow teams to replace seven players that enter the transfer portal. Not just players who leave on their own volition, but even those dismissed from the program. That would allow teams to sign as many as 32 players each recruiting cycle. According to Dellenger, players entering the portal after the December signing period count towards those extra seven spots.

The rule would go into effect immediately, allowing teams to sign up to seven more players for the 2022 recruiting cycle. Syracuse currently has 12 players committed to its 2022 recruiting class. 

More from Dellenger in an article on Sports Illustrated last month

The impetus for immediate action on the topic is a result of policy changes that are leaving—and will leave—many schools well short of the overall 85 scholarship limit. While schools are limited to having 85 scholarship players a year, they are restricted to signing 25 players in a single class. The 100 signees over four years leaves a 15-player wiggle room for natural attrition.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Cross-post -- Saw this on EE's from @pacman 

This is a great class.

On campus next month: Ewers, Murphy, Allen, Brooks, Finkley, Blue, Guilbeau, Hutson, Bryant, Bledsoe, Brice

There was a full page ad in the AAS that I believe was a poster as well.  1987.  McWilliams' first year.  He and about a dozen like Metcalf and Walker standing around in uniforms but with cowboy dusters.  Done like an ad for an old western movie.  Thing was brilliant.  

Anybody remember that?  

Your list would make a great Part 2.   The new young guns.  

7 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

So he can do that against Hudson Card but not Quinn Ewers? Sorry just don't buy it. 

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

The guy realistically looks to play 1 or 2 at most more seasons and he was just replaced as starting QB. No one in their right mind thinks anyone other than Ewers starts game 1 unless Ewers is injured. Sark will lie and say it's an open competition for outward appearances but you don't sign Ewers to that kind of NIL money he's getting here,  and Ewers doesn't agree to come here, unless he's basically guaranteed to have the job. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hermanator said:

The guy realistically looks to play 1 or 2 at most more seasons and he was just replaced as starting QB. No one in their right mind thinks anyone other than Ewers starts game 1 unless Ewers is injured. Sark will lie and say it's an open competition for outward appearances but you don't sign Ewers to that kind of NIL money he's getting here,  and Ewers doesn't agree to come here, unless he's basically guaranteed to have the job. 

I hope Sark isn't guaranteeing anything.  Ewers couldn't see the field at Ohio St. and hasn't played in two years.  We need to play who performs best.

5 minutes ago, bullet said:

I hope Sark isn't guaranteeing anything.  Ewers couldn't see the field at Ohio St. and hasn't played in two years.  We need to play who performs best.

Dumb take. He didn’t see the field last year because Ohio States QB was a Heisman finalist and only one year separated from Ewers.

49 minutes ago, bullet said:

Couldn't see the field over a guy who was Heisman runner up in his first year as a starter? After showing up after fall camp had already begun?

Come on now

12 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Exactly.  As long as Ewers is somewhere near what all experts project him to be, there isn't a competition, no matter what the coaches say.  It changes the dynamic of a defense and how much the DC will risk/gamble when facing a QB that has a 50% or less chance of hitting the long ball, and one that hits that throw consistently.

Then add in the other dynamics like one that will hit for 60 + yards with a laser if receiver is open, but also drop it in over the shoulder into a breadbasket if the receiver only has a step on the CB. Compared to one that it is a coin flip to hit at 45 maybe 50 yards, but the ball is going to be in the air a time because he almost has to throw it as high as it has to go deep.  There is no real competition. But it is always better in this case to make it open.  We have Ewer and Maalik coming in, it wouldn't be the first time open competition sent the expected starter to the bench and then packing. Ewer and Murphy were both supposed to be in this 2022 class, and Maalik is probably the only one in this class that matches up with Ewers arm talent, so it isn't like no one else has a chance.  Plus we have Card at this point.I highly doubt it, but who knows.  Maybe it clicks with him and come spring, he comes in confident and firing rockets. 

I wish that reciever out of 'cuse that's in the portal didn't have academic issues. Taj Harris (?) Is like 6'3" , can stretch the field, and has solid stats. I think he leads the country in receptions when in single coverage. He'd be a great counter to Worthy.  There is another one from Vandy that's interesting. He also has good stats. He was Vandy's best reciever (only reciever) so he did respectable work for always having 2 or 3 SEC cover guys all over him.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/18/2021 at 11:24 AM, LebongJames said:

Dumb take. He didn’t see the field last year because Ohio States QB was a Heisman finalist and only one year separated from Ewers.

Do I need to list the sure thing QBs Texas has had from Bobby Layne to Major Applewhite and a number since who have amounted to nothing?

On 12/20/2021 at 8:39 PM, bullet said:

Do I need to list the sure thing QBs Texas has had from Bobby Layne to Major Applewhite and a number since who have amounted to nothing?

Apparently Shae Morenz is a pretty good investment banker. Wonder what Steve Clements is up to these days

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Apparently Shae Morenz is a pretty good investment banker. Wonder what Steve Clements is up to these days

Morenz has done very well for himself in life.  Texas QB.  Michigan MBA.  NY Yankees 1st rounder.  Married a billionaire's daughter.  Makes a shit ton of his own escarole.

• Hook 'Em 2