5-7 Bowl eligible?

Steelers Roll Left

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

I will always tune in for 90% of Texas football games as a pretty hard floor. There are at least 5 or 6 I've missed since Charlie took over simply due to being checked out by the end of the season (even then I'm still following the score). And I admit a couple this year I haven't tuned in until midway through the first.

I will 100% watch Texas in a bowl game. I watched the Charlie team put up 59 yards or whatever it was against Pig in a bowl game. I might as well watch the rest until I kick it. 

Maybe in further years I will come to hate myself less and decouple from my obsession for this team but I seriously doubt it. It was and always will be my first love. So what if they suck forever - maybe they won't suck next year. 

I don't know about you folks, but watching this team roll over like a $2 whore week after week has lost its luster for me. If somehow winning this Friday means we give some directional school from the MAC the opportunity to bone us for 60 minutes, I'd just as soon see Kstate end it all this weekend.

I'm checked out on this team like never before. Not even the great Charlie Strong managed to completely extinguish my desire to watch the horns take the field. Sark managed it in his first year. As it turns out, watching him "build a program the right way" just isn't all that entertaining.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

Win, lose or draw... I want to watch the Longhorns play every game I can .  

Plus, it'll be interesting to see which random team we get paired up with.
Chances are good it'll be a team we've never played before.

edit: Or at least not in a very long time.

Edited by ATXbronco
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Win, lose or draw... I want to watch the Longhorns play every game I can .  
Plus, it'll be interesting to see which random team we get paired up with.
Chances are good it'll be a team we've never played before.

edit: Or at least not in a very long time.

This is me too. Yes, this season has been a big disappointment but soon there will be no football to watch at all for a long, long time.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, mdleast said:

This is me too. Yes, this season has been a big disappointment but soon there will be no football to watch at all for a long, long time.

I'd rather not watch football than this trash that I've been forced to watch. Dead ass. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Armed Forces Bowl, you say? Watching PK try to defend against a service academy triple option is fucking nightmare fuel.

Whatever the record for rushing yards in a game would get shattered. Literally the only hope would be for the offense to completely outclass the most disciplined team that they’d face.

Do we really want to put our bowl winning streak on the line? No way we win one with this team...doesnt matter how much the opponent doesnt want to be there. Going to a bowl at 5-7 would literally be worse than how the TXHSF playoffs are done these days..as in a team pretty much has to disband to sit home for bi-district.

21 minutes ago, Juke_Em said:

If there is any chance...they will definitely be prioritized to get a spot. Too much money to make

Bowls just can’t take any 5-7 school they want. By NCAA rule, 5-7 teams are awarded bowl berths based on Academic Progress Rate (APR).  If you look on page 1 you can find articles discussing where Texas ranks APR-wise with other “potential” 5-7 teams and it’s actually quite high and definitely in play

And where would Texas land? Well, 5-7 teams are shuffled to the back of the bus, so it could be any far-flung destination. The best-case scenario: TCU and WVU both lose, and Texas is allowed to fill a Big 12 tie-in at the Dec. 28 First Responder Bowl on SMU's campus in Dallas.

Lol. Wasn't this the bowl that got cancelled last time when a tornado tore through Dallas? Surprised it's still a thing.

On 11/24/2021 at 7:03 PM, 4th&Five said:

Plenty of football to watch without watching the one team that puts me in a shitty mood every week. I haven’t seen a single Texas play live since halftime of ISU game. 

i can beat that...i haven't seen a single college football play live since 2pm on 10/16 haha. i mean i didn't know it at the time but apparently i could see the future 😄

i was trying something new this year...my reasoning was it was not fun and it made me feel bad, and i did not like not having fun and feeling bad. the one team that put me in a shitty mood every week essentially ruined all the rest of it for me this year. 

extra practice would be good, and they do tend to win bowl games, so i guess it would be positive for them to go to a bowl game. my college football season ended 6 weeks ago.

i remain neutral about next season, TBD whether or not this is a permanent solution for me. UTSA will be scary lol 

22 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

The extra practices would be good for the players surviving the purge.

Yep. I saw more out of our defense (particularly the line) and players who give a shit like RoJo. The more reps for those who Sark intends to retain, the better. And I will watch. As abysmal as Casey and the O was today and down the stretch, I saw an element of fight that didn’t exist for Iowa St and WVU. This team lacks major talent (worst I’ve seen in 30 years), but this time is formative and important to Sark and the parts that are usable going forward.