5-7 Bowl eligible?

Steelers Roll Left

7 minutes ago, pantone159 said:

We want:

Aggie to beat LSU, UTSA to beat North Texas, Kansas to beat WV, Rutgers to beat Maryland, Georgia State to beat Troy, Wyoming to beat Hawaii, Virginia to beat Virginia Tech, SMU to beat Tulsa, Middle Tenn to beat Florida Atlantic, Pitt to beat Syracuse, and Tulane to beat Memphis. We can have 4 of those go the wrong way, but 5 and we are out. Besides that, we want BYU to beat USC and UCLA to beat Cal, but the full Pac-12 results may not be known until next weeks USC-Cal game. (USC and Cal have 2 games left.) We also as noted want Florida to beat FSU, but if that fails we still have the APR tiebreaker vs Gata which I assume we can possibly win (but I don't know).

Thanks.  I didn't account for teams currently at 5 wins.

Ok.  To help everyone (and myself) out.

11AM  Rutgers over Maryland (-1)

*11AM  Florida over FSU (+10)

1PM  UTSA over North Texas (+12)

1PM  Georgia St over Troy (+6)

2PM  Wyoming over Hawaii (+8)

2:45  Virginia over Virginia Tech (+8)

3PM  SMU over Tulsa (+5)

6PM Aggy over LSU (+6.5) Barf

6PM Kansas over WVU (-17)

6PM  MTSU over FAU (-5)

6:30PM  Pitt over Syracuse (+11)

6:30PM  Tulane over Memphis (-4)

**9:30PM  BYU over USC (+6)

**9:30PM  UCLA over Cal (+7)

*May not matter.  Tied with Florida.

** To set up next week's game.  USC and Cal are both currently 4-6 and play each other next week.  We are behind Cal (APR); ahead of USC.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Ok.  To help everyone (and myself) out.

11AM  Rutgers over Maryland (-1)

*11AM  Florida over FSU (+10)

1PM  UTSA over North Texas (+12)

1PM  Georgia St over Troy (+6)

2PM  Wyoming over Hawaii (+8)

2:45  Virginia over Virginia Tech (+8)

3PM  SMU over Tulsa (+5)

6PM Aggy over LSU (+6.5) Barf

6PM Kansas over WVU (-17)

6PM  MTSU over FAU (-5)

6:30PM  Pitt over Syracuse (+11)

6:30PM  Tulane over Memphis (-4)

**9:30PM  BYU over USC (+6)

**9:30PM  UCLA over Cal (+7)

*May not matter.  Tied with Florida.

** To set up next week's game.  USC and Cal are both currently 4-6 and play each other next week.  We are behind Cal (APR); ahead of USC.

image.gif.14473f6da15ffba74fb3ea4c1a81fb3e.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, warhorn8 said:

Number 6? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one...

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Well, that's where we run a mutant single wing offense, a-whompin' and a-whumpin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

USC and Cal are both 4-6.  USC plays BYU (prob. a loss) and Cal plays at UCLA (maybe a loss).  They then play each other.  Cal is higher than us in APR.  So, we'd potentially want USC to win this game next week.

Other than that game, all the other teams ahead of us are either bowl eligible or not going to get to 5 wins.  So, in summary root for:

Florida

Rutgers

MTSU 

USC

And, yes.  I know this is pathetic.  But, I want my boys to see every Texas game possible. 

of course I think Sark isn't gonna get it done and PK needs to be fired but if he's gonna keep PK anyway I want the bowl practices. maybe we draw a shitty opponent and put up a win.

if sark can't handle a bowl, recruiting and possible coaching changes then he surely aint the guy.  it isn't like he has a championship game to prepare for next week.

6 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Hawaii butt fucking Wyoming.. good good

Just realized this is Hawaii's  stupid 13th game and could potentially get to 6-7.. do they qualify with this 6th win or would they be in our 7 loss group? Don't you need a winning season for a bowl game? 

45 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Well, that was kind of fun for a couple of hours.  At least I know I won't have to root for aggy tonight now.

Its not over yet! We can still take two more strikes. We got Georgia State to beat Troy! But we need for Hawaii to lose, that is not looking good.

5 hours ago, pantone159 said:

We want:  Aggie to beat LSU, UTSA to beat North Texas, Kansas to beat WV, Rutgers to beat Maryland, Georgia State to beat Troy, Wyoming to beat Hawaii, Virginia to beat Virginia Tech, SMU to beat Tulsa, Middle Tenn to beat Florida Atlantic, Pitt to beat Syracuse, and Tulane to beat Memphis. We can have 4 of those go the wrong way, but 5 and we are out. Besides that, we want BYU to beat USC and UCLA to beat Cal, but the full Pac-12 results may not be known until next weeks USC-Cal game. (USC and Cal have 2 games left.) We also as noted want Florida to beat FSU, but if that fails we still have the APR tiebreaker vs Gata which I assume we can possibly win (but I don't know).

If, from those first 11 games that I mentioned, we get 7 results in our favor, we will still be alive at the end of the day. If Pac-12 really will not allow losing teams to go bowling, then the Pac-12 cannot knock us out today.

Three already going wrong per your Formula so far:

• North Texas beat UTSA
  • Maryland beat Rutgers
  • Hawaii up 31 - 7 late 3rd quarter

West Virginia vs Kansas, and Memphis vs Tulane are tonight...

Might be wrong, but focusing on recruiting, and rebuilding the roster/staff seems like the better choice for SARK right now.  
Not wrong, I fail to see the value in a couple more weeks of practice with two hobbled QB's and a lot of players on both sides of the ball that wont be around in '22.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Casey Thompson needs to let his thumb rest and recover for the rest of his life.  
Little harsh, but true. Having said that, it's not his fault he was our best option at QB this year, and he did pretty much max out his ability before blowU wrecked his thumb.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 11/26/2021 at 4:52 PM, JMFP said:
I may be wrong but I thought if you get a bowl invite then you have to accept per big12 rules? I didn't think the school could turn down a bowl invite....

What is the Big12 gonna do, kick us out of the conference?

I mean, maybe issue a fine? I dunno if it's even a rule, I know I read it somewhere in the past but never bothered to try and look it up.

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Tulsa is upsetting SMU and VT is upsetting Virginia. We aren't going bowling but we didn't earn it anyways so

Yeah that's already 5 that according to the formula in previous post, knocks Texas out of bowl contention

• North Texas upsets UTSA
  • Maryland beats Rutgers
  • Hawaii defeats Wyoming
  • Va Tech upsets Virginia
  • Tulsa upsets Smu

Others that would add to the count would be West Virginia defeating KU, Lsu beating aggy, and Memphis beating Tulane...  

8 hours ago, Blotto said:

Well, that's where we run a mutant single wing offense, a-whompin' and a-whumpin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

UH... what happens at the Number 6 dance that night?

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah that's already 5 that according to the formula in previous post, knocks Texas out of bowl contention

• North Texas upsets UTSA
  • Maryland beats Rutgers
  • Hawaii defeats Wyoming
  • Va Tech upsets Virginia
  • Tulsa upsets Smu

Others that would add to the count would be West Virginia defeating KU, Lsu beating aggy, and Memphis beating Tulane...  

• Lsu beat aggy, becomes bowl eligible
  • West Virginia beat KU
  • Memphis beat Tulane

So Texas should definitely be eliminated from bowl eligibility...

• Hook 'Em 1