Happy Thanksgiving, Cloak Room

Parliament

Since 1863, Thanksgiving has been observed annually in the United States. The holiday superseded Evacuation Day, a de facto national holiday that had been held on November 25 each year prior to the Civil War and commemorated the British withdrawal from the United States after the American Revolution.

On June 28, 1870, President Ulysses S. Grant signed into law the Holidays Act that made Thanksgiving a yearly "appointed or remembered" federal holiday in Washington D.C. Three other holidays included in the law were New Years, Christmas, and July 4. The law did not extend outside of Washington D.C.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

9 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Happy Thanksgiving, Mutha#$&+#$.

Special shout to my main man@jimmyjames.

Happy thanksgiving my man. I think you probably saw it but I took back wishing you a shitty one in the other thread.

Speaking of which, I get back home and that other thread has turned into a total shitshow. Somehow I managed to spend thanksgiving with my parents and in laws and the closest we got to talking politics was my sister in law telling my mom she needed to get a booster shot. Was pleasantly surprised nothing else came up. 

8 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Happy Thanksgiving you degenerate assholes.

If you a feeling a bit thankful and generous today, consider a donation to mobile loaves and fishes: https://mlf.org/ 

Thanks for the reminder. I’ll donate a hundred tomorrow and would encourage anyone who reads this to do the same. The surly one percenters can afford it while not busy banging supermodels.

Forgot the sage.  Had to get it early this morning.  What a wonderful country we live in where you can go into the grocery store in the AM on there is everything you need, etc.  We live in a rich gotdamn country.  And that's better than living in  a poor ass country.

Need to be grateful today, and not take it for granted the rest of the year.

(the tamale stuffing was better than my sage stuffing.)

• Hook 'Em 1

Today I'm grateful to be alive. We Cruz'd on down to Mexico to avoid my family. Took a typical snorkeling excursion that ended up with our boat sinking and us stranded in the open sea looking for rescue and my weakened, extremely seasick son looking at me and asking "are we going to die?"  Maybe still worth it

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Forgot the sage.  Had to get it early this morning.  What a wonderful country we live in where you can go into the grocery store in the AM on there is everything you need, etc.  We live in a rich gotdamn country.  And that's better than living in  a poor ass country.

Need to be grateful today, and not take it for granted the rest of the year.

(the tamale stuffing was better than my sage stuffing.)

We live in by far the richest and wealthiest country this planet has ever seen yet we only a few months ago had an insurrection on the Capitol and for us Texans a preview of mad max thunder dome because the temperature got below 10 degrees. 

Something isn’t adding up.

12 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

We live in by far the richest and wealthiest country this planet has ever seen yet we only a few months ago had an insurrection on the Capitol and for us Texans a preview of mad max thunder dome because the temperature got below 10 degrees. 

Something isn’t adding up.

It's represented (and in fact boils down to) the cultural issue that exists, and is crazily overinflated, between those who were raised on gun culture (primarily hunting) and their over-expansive view of the 2nd Amendment and those who weren't raised on gun culture (primarily hunting) who have and under-expansive view of the 2nd Amendment.  We figure out a way to engage in that debate intelligently, we can engage in all the other crap.  It's the same kind of moronic "us v. them" shit that caused the Catholics and Protestants to hate each other. 

There needs to be some wing of the progressives/Dems that need to start championing shooting and eating venison as a tool to fight climate change. Fucking Beto should have figured that out long ago.

Venison Can Save America

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/25/2021 at 8:24 PM, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Today I'm grateful to be alive. We Cruz'd on down to Mexico to avoid my family. Took a typical snorkeling excursion that ended up with our boat sinking and us stranded in the open sea looking for rescue and my weakened, extremely seasick son looking at me and asking "are we going to die?"  Maybe still worth it

You Cruz’s down to Mexico to avoid family. I thought you only Cruz down to Mexico to avoid freezing weather.

I joke I joke. Don’t shoot me (AZ police).