Man in Texas killed trying to pick up kids from ex-wife

Jive Turkey

That sure looks like Murder, can you shoot someone for trespassing?

Edit - found a video with audio. Bunch of dumbasses but there are going to be some jurors that say it is self defense. The father said “i will take that gun and use it” or something close to that and then reached for the gun. Its hard to tell exactly what he said. 

Edited by hornbri
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, hornbri said:

That sure looks like Murder, can you shoot someone for trespassing?

It's probably self defense because assault.  Hell,  I'm no attorney,  but if he gets charged and takes it to trial,  he'll need to cry on the stand

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 5

5 minutes ago, SKJ said:

It's probably self defense because assault.  Hell,  I'm no attorney,  but if he gets charged and takes it to trial,  he'll need to cry on the stand

You shouldn’t be able to shoot someone because you are afraid that the person would take your gun that you brought away from you and then shoot you with it.  I know the geniuses i Georgia tried that defense in parallel to the he was suspiciously black defense to justify the pre-shooting actions. Maybe that shit works if’n you’s on your own property. 

You shouldn’t be able to shoot someone because you are afraid that the person would take your gun that you brought away from you and then shoot you with it.  I know the geniuses i Georgia tried that defense in parallel to the he was suspiciously black defense to justify the pre-shooting actions. Maybe that shit works if’n you’s on your own property. 

I would thing a big issue is that he went to retrieve the gun. That was opportunity to retreat and call 911. Instead, he opted to escalate the situation. Of course, being Texas, there’s freedom to murder because freedom.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Castle doctrine? 

There's going to be a shitload of shit to unpack before this thing is over,  but the victim will be put on trial first.  Then all of the people at that house will have to cry for the camera to try and win the media trial.

Then I guess we see what happens if it goes to court. 

2 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I've got a feeling the prelude to this situation was dad drinking heavily during Thanksgiving then getting the bright idea of taking his kids back.

It happened the first week of Nov. It's only getting attention now because the family of the victim is speaking out, and because the name of the shooter was finally revealed in court docs when his now ex-wife filed a counter suit in the divorce.

Just now, MissingInAction said:

I've got a feeling the prelude to this situation was dad drinking heavily during Thanksgiving then getting the bright idea of taking his kids back.

^^ shooting was on Nov. 5th. 

For extra intrigue, shooter's wife (now ex) is a Lubbock judge.  Shooter was having an affair with the one shot’s ex-wife.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Not enough info to pass judgment yet.  I will say that in the last few years life has gotten cheaper in this country.

i wonder why 🤔

10 minutes ago, used2b said:

This family is neighbors with someone close to me and they know them pretty well. They said the guy has been a gun nut ever since they have known him.

Sarcastic No GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hornbri said:

And yeah everyone being calm after he was shot is weird as fuck. where is the screaming and crying. So fucking weird. 

Too bad that guy couldn't have been as calm prior to firing his gun. It's clear to me that he shot him out of anger and malice from being disrespected rather than any fear for his livelihood. But I'm sure others will argue the opposite. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Aren’t shooting deaths down in the US? Stupid shit like this has been happening as long as there has been stupid and shit.

It just seems to me that we are seeing a lot of stories that should end up with black eyes and sore knuckles end up with somebody in the morgue.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Anyone that thinks that's murder is delusional. He probably won't get convicted of anything if it's their property although I agree with Helo dude could use a year or two in the pen to think that one over. 

Poor kids. 

Delusional? That was murder. Really bad take. Zero impetus to retreat, grab a rifle, and come back outside to threaten the husband with lethal force. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The lady filming in the car, I’m assuming was on team pastel, was rather nonchalant about her friend being gunned down 

From the linked article up thread it appears she was his new wife (and now widow).

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Henry Hill said:

Delusional? That was murder. Really bad take. Zero impetus to retreat, grab a rifle, and come back outside to threaten the husband with lethal force. 

I should add - under the law in the state of Texas. Not whether some here think it should be. There is a 0.000000% chance he is convicted of murder and I doubt he's even charged. It's his property. 

And again - dude's clearly a piece of shit gun nut and could use some jail time but he isn't catching a murder over this. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Chad Read’s widow has filed for custody of his kids with his ex. It’s way too long to post but the widow contends that this was all orchestrated on purpose. She was present in Chad’s truck along with another child. He was there to pick up his youngest son per court order at 3:15 pm and ex-wife refuses to comply. Then the ex-wife goes to the yard to start filming and her current boyfriend the shooter goes into house and comes out with a gun. Widow was alleging this was all done on purpose to get rid of Chad. 

https://www.kcbd.com/2021/11/24/attorney-chad-reads-widow-files-petition-take-custody-his-children-their-mother-releases-video-shooting/

It is pretty shocking/damning stuff. But I really hate it when parents play games with custody and custody/court orders. If all that is true. You can read the widow’s affidavit in the link above. Damn. I realize it was heated and all of that but the ex wife sounds like a cunt. Pardon. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Re the late/no reaction time:

Statement from wife of now deceased dude: 

“I recorded the shooting on my cell phone. During this entire incident, I didn’t realize that Kyle Carruth was holding and brandishing an actual firearm. At that time, I thought that it was some type of stun-gun or paintball gun. Even when Kyle Carruth fired the shots, the sound was very muffled and not as loud as I know firearms to be. It wasn’t until I got to Chad on the ground that I realized that he had in fact been shot and that the weapon held by Kyle Carruth was a firearm.”

• Hook 'Em 1