Iron Bowl 2021

Jive Turkey

1 minute ago, Ignatius said:

Harsin got what he deserved. Go for 2 and win the game.

oh, and get vaccinated you fucking weirdo….

If Georgia wins: 1. Georgia, 2. Michigan, 3. Cincinnati, 4. Norte Dame (w/ a chance of Okie or Okie Lite)

If Bama wins: 1. Bama, 2. Georgia, 3. Michigan, 4. Cincinnati (Okie and Okie Lite go suck it in New Year’s Day Bowl)

Lmao these OT rules are like me and my friends growing up and after getting tired of playing say “ok whoever scores a td from the furthest point out wins the game! Deal?”.. 
who fucking came up with this bullshit?
College football overtime is already stupid enough. This new spin just takes it to a new stupid. It's like the NBA going to a free throw contest after 5 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:
Lmao these OT rules are like me and my friends growing up and after getting tired of playing say “ok whoever scores a td from the furthest point out wins the game! Deal?”.. 
who fucking came up with this bullshit?

College football overtime is already stupid enough. This new spin just takes it to a new stupid. It's like the NBA going to a free throw contest after 5 minutes.

College football should go back to ties in regulation and writers picking the national champion.

It was more fun then.

When your team is clearly playing above their own abilities, your QB literally can’t walk, and your defense has been on the field for 30+ additional plays than the opponent’s you HAVE to go for 2 when you have a chance to win. This game is another reminder that college football coaches are generally just wealthier versions of the meatheads that coached us in high school.
Same as when we played OU. And Herman played for OT instead of the win. As the weaker team, you should always go for the win. Just like Kansas did against us. There was no chance in hell Auburn was winning that game by keep prolonging it and hoping Bama makes a mistake. Go for the jugular. You are 6-5 for fucks sake. You were a 21 point underdog.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
13 minutes ago, Underdog said:
A Bama win ensures 2 SEC teams in CFP.  Be prepared for it to happen. 

Bama beats Georgia. Bama will be ranked 1. Georgia 4. Both win their playoff games. And face off in the championship game. Yay!!

No, Georgia is 3. Need to keep the option for both in the NCG.

17 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
28 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:
When your team is clearly playing above their own abilities, your QB literally can’t walk, and your defense has been on the field for 30+ additional plays than the opponent’s you HAVE to go for 2 when you have a chance to win. This game is another reminder that college football coaches are generally just wealthier versions of the meatheads that coached us in high school.

Same as when we played OU. And Herman played for OT instead of the win. As the weaker team, you should always go for the win. Just like Kansas did against us. There was no chance in hell Auburn was winning that game by keep prolonging it and hoping Bama makes a mistake. Go for the jugular. You are 6-5 for fucks sake. You were a 21 point underdog.

Even wifey knew this. Stupid decision. Harsin and Herman must have the same esthetician. #brazilian

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

What made it even worse is they had an incredible 2-point play ready to go. If they run that throwback TE screen in 2OT it’s a win for sure.

And alumni aren't going to bust your balls for nutting up and going for the win when you're clearly the inferior team.

Someone should have told Harsin his QB and kickers are walkons. Might have changed his calculus.

I always thought Bryan Harsin was handcuffed by Mack. Yesterday I discovered the man plays not to lose and has no balls. He needed that first down since his RB did not go down in bounds and plenty of time would be left. The entire Bama team is on the line and he can't call the 2pt play that worked so well in OT for a fist down. Then like turtle Tom he scores in OT one and does not go for two at 6-5 and nothing to lose with all the pressure on Bama. Pathetic.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

I always thought Bryan Harsin was handcuffed by Mack. Yesterday I discovered the man plays not to lose and has no balls. He needed that first down since his RB did not go down in bounds and plenty of time would be left. The entire Bama team is on the line and he can't call the 2pt play that worked so well in OT for a fist down. Then like turtle Tom he scores in OT one and does not go for two at 6-5 and nothing to lose with all the pressure on Bama. Pathetic.

Mack didn't tell him to turn all those 1st and goals into 2nd down from the 20 by running a double reverse from the 5.

In fairness, I think Bobo was calling the stupid plays that repeatedly didn't work.