Fightin’ Mike Gundys vs land thieves

XYZ

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Zero offensive points in the second half for Oklahoma. It's definitely a slow bleed and he's not a bad coach, but the way a lot of this board thinks Riley is a coach we should fear is strange to me. 

He has benefited so much from Texas being shitty and they've slowly gotten worse under him. 

This. Riley is a great offensive coordinator, but OU is mediocre as a team. He's a poor man's Ryan Day.

Does a one loss conference champ OSU get in ahead of a 2 loss Bama? 
My head says yes, but my heart says there is no fucking way ESPN lets that happen. 

I think so. I think there will be manufactured debate particularly if Bama losses really close. And not out of the realm of possibility. But a 12-1 Big 12 champion not getting in feels like a stretch.

25 minutes ago, Satchel said:

How is it that the two B12 schools from Oklahoma can stack their programs with a majority of Texas talent and consistently yield better results than all of the conference members in Texas? How does that happen?

Continuity of coaching staffs helps a lot.  I count Riley as Stoops 2.0.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Anyone else notice the not called hold by the ou receiver on the osu db about 20 yards downfield on Williams’ long run?  Most of that should have come back so suck grainy shithole about dpi. 

OU WRs have been holding since the days of Bud Wilkinson....When we briefly had Norvell he taught our guys the secrets and that was a big part of Charlie's win over OU. It was glorious to behold. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Okie State said:
3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:
Congrats asshole.  You guys deserve it if anyone does.  Please beat Baylor.  

Tough to beat teams twice. Impossible to beat you fuckers twice though so at least we have a shot.

I graduated HS in the 90’s.  Back in my day OSU was a lot of OU fans second favorite team.  The rivalry took off soon after then you guys got punched in the balls a million times but somehow remained cool good-hearted fans.  

If we are running off to the SEC you should at least get this title and hopefully a playoff shot.  I have no issue w what the refs didn’t call on that PI.  OU has gotten breaks out the ass.  The few OU fans I’ve been texting with feel pretty much the same.  Go beat Baylor.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

It's hard to hate the Pokes.

I used to watch our games at a smattering of Dallas sports bars.  Invariably, there would be a crew of OSU fans at said bar watching an earlier or overlapping game.  They were always good people, friendly and fun.