Fightin’ Mike Gundys vs land thieves

XYZ

Yeah I got the sports package that didn’t include OU and had no idea what to expect.  Sat about the third row on the wooden bleachers behind one of the goals.  Left with my ears ringing.  Was hooked after that, and glad for poor weather when I graduated because I got to walk in that (new) building. 

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

I’m already over bedlam and worried about Baylor.  They’ll have back their star defender and, hobbled or not, their QB1.  Can bask in slaying the OU monkey if we win the hardware and see if they put us in the CFP to get offered up on the Georgia alter. 

Line has moved a good 1-1.5 points towards therapists so I’m not alone in that view.  

I'm very likely stupidly overconfident about this game.

We easily beat them earlier in the year with -3 turnover margin. Our defense is going to murder their souls whether they play hobbled QB1 or freshman QB2.  And Sanders won't hand them the ball 3 times.  We roll.

18 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

We easily beat them earlier in the year with -3 turnover margin. Our defense is going to murder their souls whether they play hobbled QB1 or freshman QB2.  And Sanders won't hand them the ball 3 times.  We roll.

I feel like this as well, so we're probably going to lose.  Coming off our sloppiest game of the year, I'm hoping we tighten it up this week.  If we do that, I think we should win easily.  If we do that and lose, hats off to Baylor.  As long as we don't hand it to them, I can live with the results.  

43 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I feel like this as well, so we're probably going to lose.  Coming off our sloppiest game of the year, I'm hoping we tighten it up this week.  If we do that, I think we should win easily.  If we do that and lose, hats off to Baylor.  As long as we don't hand it to them, I can live with the results.  

Yeah, I’m struggling to think of a scenario in how we might lose, and that scares me. I don’t think I can handle a loss we’ll with so much at stake. Lose bedlam? Fine, happens all the time. Letting the rapists beat us with a hobbled qb to prevent a conference title and possible playoff spot? Yeah I’ll be devastated.

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I think our punter was limping for the entire next week due to the workout his leg got in Stillwater.

If Baylor can generate some offense, just move the ball a little bit, that will be encouraging to me. Even though it was a 3 point game early in the 4th qtr in the first meeting it never felt to me like we might pull it out. It is interesting to me though that we went into that game ranked 19 and 21, both undefeated, and here we are 2 months later and still ranked within a few spots of each other. The teams are pretty evenly matched but I think the rankings probably truly do reflect who the better team is. One thing that gets overlooked I think when looking at the 2 teams is Baylor has a first time HC in his second year and first successful year. Gundy has shit hisself in the past and Aranda seems unflappable but being "the guy" on the big stage will probably favor Mike. 

Low scoring affair with each team getting one or two big plays but otherwise a slugfest. 24-20 Pokes win. If Baylor wins and the Catholics make the playoffs it's a loss for everyone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, I’m struggling to think of a scenario in how we might lose, and that scares me. I don’t think I can handle a loss we’ll with so much at stake. Lose bedlam? Fine, happens all the time. Letting the rapists beat us with a hobbled qb to prevent a conference title and possible playoff spot? Yeah I’ll be devastated.

Agreed.

The most devastating loss in the Mike Gundy era is, without question, 2013 Bedlam. We were the far better team, playing at home and a win would have give us our second Big 12 title in three years.  Instead we let Baylor get the back door title after we pushed their shit in the week before.

I’m not sure a loss on Saturday would be that level of devastating, but it would be close.  I think if we keep our shit together and play a clean game, we should win handily. If we go out, fuck around with a bunch of penalties, special teams blunders or hand them the ball 3 times like we did earlier in the year, it’ll be very close and my butthole will be tighter than a snare drum.

I keep forgetting about the new AD and President, both of which he really seems to enjoy working with.  If we resign Knowles and all these super seniors who got an extra year to play come back like they are saying , Gundy leaving would be an incredible out of left field Fuck You to OSU.  He isn't going anywhere.  But if he ever is, this is probably the fucking week/month it would happen.  Fucking insane that we had two coaches decide to leave Notre Dame and OU for another college HC job.  

Holder's departure ensures Gundy remains at OSU for the rest of his career.
  • Like 1