All in all, a pretty darned good weekend THAT JUST KEEPS ON GIVING oh my god it's not even the weekend any more

Rimbo

35 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Riley and/or Jimbo might also be gone before the weekend is over. 

I know I'm biased but Jimbo would be a terrible hire for LSU. 

How many more 3 to 4 loss seasons do people need to see to realize that is who he is without Winston? I don't think LSU has any interest in Jimbo at all. 

• Like 1

How many more 3 to 4 loss seasons do people need to see to realize that is who he is without Winston? I don't think LSU has any interest in Jimbo at all. 
Terrible? They can do better for sure, but LSU can win another championship just putting the thing on auto-pilot...tonights game is another data point for that. The school recruits itself, they just need a corch that doesnt fuck things up too much.

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
17 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Terrible? They can do better for sure, but LSU can win another championship just putting the thing on auto-pilot...tonights game is another data point for that. The school recruits itself, they just need a corch that doesnt fuck things up too much.

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a terrible hire. 

Ed O won a national title but nobody considers it a good hire. Personally, I think Riley would have much more success at LSU than Jimbo as would several other coaches. 

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yep.  I've never been sold on Jimbo to LSU.  Why would LSU choose to outbid aggy for Jimbo's services, when they could probably pay someone else a lot less and get same if not better results?

If it's not Riley, then I'm thinking LSU goes after someone like Aranda.

Edited by orangebird
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Topper13 said:

An Auburn win would have sealed the deal, but I'll take it.

There's no such thing as a perfect weekend when Auburn wins. In fact, their mere existence negates the possibility of a perfect weekend. The best we can hope for them is to lose in the most painful fashion possible.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I am probably nearly alone in this, but I like Saban as well as respect him. I was not upset by them winning at all, so this weekend was perfect for me. 

I laughed out loud in his post-game interview when he said that at halftime he “told the kids just to go out there and have fun”. 
Sure you did, Coach. 🙂

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Until Auburn shit the bed, there was a scenario where every conference champion next week could have had 2 or more losses. Five two loss champions with undefeated G5, one loss Notre Dame and the one loss team that had been number one all year not the champion of its conference would have been fucking delicious. I despise the 4 team playoff and any playoff system that gets his participants by fat white guys voting. The chaos would have blown the shit up. It was a nice dream. But still a great weekend of football with no dog in any of the games. But watching aggy and gooner go down was chefs kiss.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I am probably nearly alone in this, but I like Saban as well as respect him. I was not upset by them winning at all, so this weekend was perfect for me. 

Same here.  In games that I really don't care one way or the other my sadistic side loves to see a team lose in gut-wrenching fashion - bonus points if it's the home team.  So I at least got that out of the Iron Bowl.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Haha 2

I tried finding a South Carolina thread to put this in, but after I posted realized it was in Food & Travel. It came from this weekend, so I’ll try here. If there is a South Carolina thread somewhere, feel free to move it. 

SC fan despondent over loss to Clemson on message board, gets called out, leads to internet tough guy posturing, followed by plans to meet in parking lot of local BBQ joint. Hilarity ensues:

https://247sports.com/college/south-carolina/board/44/Contents/aint-worth-it-176523986/?page=1

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a terrible hire. 

Ed O won a national title but nobody considers it a good hire. Personally, I think Riley would have much more success at LSU than Jimbo as would several other coaches. 

I just don't see Riley as a good fit at LSU.  He seems too much of a control freak to let the good times roll.  I lean towards Aranda as well, which could be a nightmare for us down the road, considering what he's done at Baylor.   Pretty easy to imagine the success he could have at a school that self recruits like LSU.  

Just now, pyrohornIII said:

I just don't see Riley as a good fit at LSU.  He seems too much of a control freak to let the good times roll.  I lean towards Aranda as well, which could be a nightmare for us down the road, considering what he's done at Baylor.   Pretty easy to imagine the success he could have at a school that self recruits like LSU.  

Aranda is 12-9 as a head coach. I think he would do well at LSU but Riley is a much more proven coach. 

3 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

I laughed out loud in his post-game interview when he said that at halftime he “told the kids just to go out there and have fun”. 
Sure you did, Coach. 🙂

Seeing Saban smiling and laughing at the end of the game made me feel uncomfortable.

spacer.png

I'd like to get back to good weekends meaning we are kicking ass and winning meaningful games (the KSU win was nice but it would have meant a hell of a lot more if we had been say 8-3 or 9-2 going in)  Good to see those teams lose and not to throw a ton of cold water on this party but after a while having to rely on college football schadenfreude gets pretty fucking old.  That should be the icing on the cake...not the whole fucking cake (which we are still fucking baking apparently...longest fucking cake bake in history).  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I’m mostly excited the abortion of a season is (hopefully) over for Texas.

College football is dead to me. Watching competent teams play football is so depressing.

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Oh sorry, this is a feelgood thread.

No, no... you're not wrong. I remember seeing: recievers reliably catching passes! DBs making plays on the ball! OL who can actually block!

We gotta long way to go on the recruiting trail.

7 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I’m mostly excited the abortion of a season is (hopefully) over for Texas.

College football is dead to me. Watching competent teams play football is so depressing.

Which team was that?  Did you only watch one game this weekend-Georgia-Georgia Tech.

There's a lot of incompetence to go around.  Thought it was a fun weekend.  As said above, if Auburn only didn't have the offensive "geniuses" Hartsin and Bobo they might have won.

6 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

I tried finding a South Carolina thread to put this in, but after I posted realized it was in Food & Travel. It came from this weekend, so I’ll try here. If there is a South Carolina thread somewhere, feel free to move it. 

SC fan despondent over loss to Clemson on message board, gets called out, leads to internet tough guy posturing, followed by plans to meet in parking lot of local BBQ joint. Hilarity ensues:

https://247sports.com/college/south-carolina/board/44/Contents/aint-worth-it-176523986/?page=1

This is amazing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Rimbo changed the title to All in all, a pretty darned good weekend THAT JUST KEEPS ON GIVING
7 hours ago, Rimbo said:

No, no... you're not wrong. I remember seeing: recievers reliably catching passes! DBs making plays on the ball! OL who can actually block!

We gotta long way to go on the recruiting trail.

I'd also love to see some sort of $9.95 spin that indicates Sark is going to yeet half of the roster and the '22 team will be re-recruited on conditional scholarships and portal transfers... by dudes who are COMPETING to be on the field.

Just sayin', becuase I won't be happy unless the team turns over 35-40 positions.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Wow. That was an HOF-worthy thread according to those guys. To me it came across as a bunch of regarded 13 YOs slapfighting.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• Rimbo changed the title to All in all, a pretty darned good weekend THAT JUST KEEPS ON GIVING oh my god it's not even the weekend any more