I miss the Cold War

Patricio Swayze

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

there really is only 1 debate.

which is the best cold war movie?

and there are only 2 correct contenders.   Red Dawn and Rocky 4.     everything else is wrong. 

Damnation Alley says come at me , bro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

there really is only 1 debate.

which is the best cold war movie?

and there are only 2 correct contenders.   Red Dawn and Rocky 4.     everything else is wrong. 

I think a tougher debate would be identifying bad Cold War movies. There are many bad Cold War movies qua movies, but bad Cold War movies?

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Honorable Mention: Stripes

That EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle excursion into Soviet bloc Czechoslovakia has to count for something...

It’s like crossing into Wisconsin. 

gotta second the above mention of dark horse candidate, the falcon and the snowman.  Probably freaked the shit out of a lotta American adults who though drug use a few bucks was all it took to turn young Americans against their country.  Sean Penn was awesome in it. 

The first Red Dawn is so fucking good if you can suspend disbelief at a high school varsity football team being able to speed bump a communist invasion.  That's part of the charm though.  After Red Dawn I am not sure what is even a close second...Rocky IV I guess.

Edited by Hozz
  • Hook 'Em 1