Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol tech trying to talk shit?  Now we are talking.  Maybe you’ll make a bowl again this decade.  😂

Not talking shit.  Just laughing at the "he really sucked.  Glad he's gone" front you're putting on.

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Riley’s a damn good coach. He’s never lost more than two games in a regular season. He’s gonna recruit the hell out of USC. There was literally no better realistic hire USC could have made, and not too many unrealistic ones. Some of these takes are hilarious. 

only Urban would have been better, and that is who OU is going for.

Power move by USC. Go out and get the young offensive wunderkind. Trojan is fixing to be a monster again.
I said it on the carousel thread. SC got tired of losing and so now they’re gonna go win and all the corn dog fan support in the world doesn’t make a shit when SC decides they want to win. 

This. I think there’s merit to the idea that Riley may not be the coach that his record suggests given that Stoops handed him the keys to the kingdom. Still, he’s a good coach who’s shown to be capable of recruiting well and winning the vast majority of his games at a major program. But that’s enough to get USC rolling again, and the overall talent level may well end up higher than he has at OU once he gets a couple recruiting classes in. They can both be true.

I think the biggest implication nationally is USC being willing to do this. That’s a top five historical program that few can compete with at or near their ceiling.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Venables who hasn’t shown any desire to be an HC as of yet

There's absolutely no reason for us to assume the Germans are mounting a major offensive. The weather is awful, their supplies are low, and the German Army hasn't mounted a winter offensive since the time of Frederick the Great. Therefore, I believe that's exactly what they're going to do.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Assman said:

I like how everyone's saying Riley is a flawed coach and other coaches have figured out his system yet he's continually dragged his nuts across our face.

This is the exact issue. Texas fans are viewing this from the perspective of how shitty our program has been. Lots of our fanbase would absolutely agree with letting Riley go if we were in their position. He's a very good coach but he is not a $12M/yr coach. Step out of the Texas fan perspective for a minute.

OU has gotten worse every year under him, they scored zero second half points against OSU last night to blow a conference title. In their games against decent defenses this season they scored

23 against Nebraska (2 ST points - PAT return)
16 against West Virginia
14 against Baylor
28 against Iowa State (7 defensive points)
33 against Oklahoma State (9 defensive/ST points and zero offensive points in the second half)

So in games against decent defenses their offense scored 21, 16, 14, 21, 24

Now imagine the offensive genius who put that out there was asking you to double his salary. We'd say "see ya" just like OU did.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

no fucking shit.  i feel like i'm taking crazy pills reading some of the takes here.  my guess is lincoln is going to kick serious ass at usc and get them back to national prominence.  absolute home run hire for them.

Did you not spot the trend of playing in the CFP (with Stoop's recruits), and not being able to win a single game in the CFP, to not even making the CFP, to not even competing for the B12?

Those of y'all defending him are not putting his W/L in context or looking at the trend.

And y'all should have been reading and listening to what OU fans were saying.  He wasn't going to be fired, but none of them were happy that OU couldn't even compete for the B12 this year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is the exact issue. Texas fans are viewing this from the perspective of how shitty our program has been. Lots of our fanbase would absolutely agree with letting Riley go if we were in their position. He's a very good coach but he is not a $12M/yr coach. Step out of the Texas fan perspective for a minute.

OU has gotten worse every year under him, they scored zero second half points against OSU last night to blow a conference title. In their games against decent defenses this season they scored

23 against Nebraska (2 ST points - PAT return)
16 against West Virginia
14 against Baylor
28 against Iowa State (7 defensive points)
33 against Oklahoma State (9 defensive/ST points and zero offensive points in the second half)

So in games against decent defenses their offense scored 21, 16, 14, 21, 24

Now imagine the offensive genius who put that out there was asking you to double his salary. We'd say "see ya" just like OU did.

With a true freshman QB

• Like 1

I like how everyone's saying Riley is a flawed coach and other coaches have figured out his system yet he's continually dragged his nuts across our face.

Well, for the first few years, OU would destroy every team in the conference. The only exception was Texas. While OU would beat Texas more often than not, they didn’t blow Texas out under Riley. Not once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

And y'all should have been reading and listening to what OU fans were saying.  He wasn't going to be fired, but none of them were happy that OU couldn't even compete for the B12 this year.

He was literally competing for the b12 title until there were like ten seconds left in the game LAST NIGHT.

Not figuratively, literally.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

Damn. Talk about spoiled.

You guys are who Nick was talking about.

It could be much, much worse. Take a look around you.

Definitely spoiled.  I agree.  It could end up much worse.  My life doesn’t hinge on any of this.  So let’s shoot for the stars.  If they fuck up…hope springs eternal.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Riley’s OU teams were just out talented  in those CFP games and it was obvious to everyone who watched them. He didn’t get out coached. If he can leverage NIL at USC, that won’t be happening again.

This year he missed on a QB recruit, rolled with a freshman, and still lost only two games. Do not listed to OU fan, they’re telling themselves lies to feel better. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

Not talking shit.  Just laughing at the "he really sucked.  Glad he's gone" front you're putting on.

Yeah look at what I posted yesterday while OU was up 9.  I didn’t change my take.  And another OU fan called me out.  I definitely could be wrong - but I didn’t change my take AFTER he left.  

Sorry for being a bitch and talking shit about Tech.  

7 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

There's absolutely no reason for us to assume the Germans are mounting a major offensive. The weather is awful, their supplies are low, and the German Army hasn't mounted a winter offensive since the time of Frederick the Great. Therefore, I believe that's exactly what they're going to do.

Shit if they do that’s fine with me. Also Venables would be going back somewhere that basically told him to walk. So I just don’t think he’d do that.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Did you not spot the trend of playing in the CFP (with Stoop's recruits), and not being able to win a single game in the CFP, to not even making the CFP, to not even competing for the B12?

Those of y'all defending him are not putting his W/L in context or looking at the trend.

well this year yeah. they should have lost to Kansas, lost to Baylor, and lost to OSU with other close calls.

so for context, he still has a better record in his 5 years at OU than Stoops did in his last 5 years.  the OU people trying to say Riley had a bad trend going have a bit of Saban Syndrome.

• Like 1