Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

1 minute ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I guess I’m on the outside, but I believe Riley will clean house at SC.

He will be back in the playoffs in less than two years. His scheme with Southern California talent is going to be a good match. 

Yep, they'll give him plenty of time too.. they just want something entertaining to watch at this point.

6 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Fuck you man. We’re just here chopping up a little CFB and you act like your so fucking high and mighty and above us. You’re a fucking Florida fan. Florida the state by itself is embarrassing enough. Trying to act like you’re in the same class as those schools is fucking pathetic. Go fuck yourself.

And the answer to your first question is because I know more than you. I’m smarter than you. I’m funnier than you. I’m older than you so you could benefit from my knowledge and experience. I can give you an unbiased view of your program, which from the delusional Florida fans I know is sorely needed. But mainly because I’m 100% correct in my opinion on where Florida ranks as a program. Any more stupid fucking questions you fucking asshole?

Look Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

7 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I guess I’m on the outside, but I believe Riley will clean house at SC.

He will be back in the playoffs in less than two years. His scheme with Southern California talent is going to be a good match. 

He’s going to crush it there.  Remember half of the schools there don’t care about football. The only school that does is Oregon and they can’t recruit like usc long term

10 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Taxes

Like he gives a fuck about that. He's probably already worth $25+ mil and will be getting $10+/yr at SC. He is in a position to dominate a shit conference, and not slug it out in the SEC with Bama, lsu, Georgia, Florida, Texas, auburn, a&m for a spot in the cfp.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, quigley said:

I fully supported Mixon getting kicked off the team and off scholarship.

Had that happened, he would've transferred to another school, sat out a year and played two.

OU made him sit out a year, gave him a zero tolerance policy, and he played two.

Stoops had a good (not perfect), track record of giving players second chances, holding them accountable, and getting growth from the player and production on the field.

Kelly seems like a terrible person to work for.

Making Mixon and Roidacek redshirt was so tough.  

So was letting Chaisson on the team after he kidnapped his girlfriend and held a blade to her throat.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

California if you have a net worth in the $15 million or higher range is a fantastic place to live.  

If I can make money, I’ll park my ass in Santa Barbara and never leave.  

I’ve said this in all the threads.  Don’t discount the wives.  Being rich in LA is a lot better than Norman and certainly Baton Fucking Rouge.  Throw in that they’re basically anonymous in LA.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

Yeah, that's close, but I don't consider FL a helmet school, but in the next tier down.  In my world there are 7 true helmet schools-TX, OU, USC, mich, ND, USC, bama. Those should all be destination jobs, though we are doing our best to challenge that notion.

tOSU?

45 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

They should have won the MNC his first year with Baker and crew.  They blew a big lead because they couldn’t stop Georgia on simple handoffs.  Future NFL 1st round LB Kenneth Murray looked like he had never played football before.

The next year with Kyler they had one of the best offenses in college football history and again lost two games because their defense was Kansas level bad.  

And then after that they were just beating up on an awful Big 12 despite not even really being nationally elite themselves.   Now they aren’t even beating up on the Big 12. 

He has had talent.  They had more talent early with Stoops’s players, though, even though the recruiting rankings would suggest Riley’s later teams should have more talent.  All of those things are bad signs.   

I am not thrilled about OU getting a new coach.  I think they would have continued to regress under Riley.

Yes.  Someone who sees the games and isn’t just looking at the records.  6 straight conference championships to not even making the conference championship?

Also offense is his forte - anyone wanna look at his offensive numbers from then to now?  OU has very clearly regressed. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes.  Someone who sees the games and isn’t just looking at the records.  6 straight titles to not even making the conference championship?

Also offense is his forte - anyone wanna look at his offensive numbers from then to now?  OU has very clearly regressed. 

It’s because defenses know to just rush three down lineman and drop eight back.  LR is too fucking stubborn to just run it right at them and the OL hasn’t been good so those three DL get a push against that OL.

18 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Fuck you man. We’re just here chopping up a little CFB and you act like your so fucking high and mighty and above us. You’re a fucking Florida fan. Florida the state by itself is embarrassing enough. Trying to act like you’re in the same class as those schools is fucking pathetic. Go fuck yourself.

And the answer to your first question is because I know more than you. I’m smarter than you. I’m funnier than you. I’m older than you so you could benefit from my knowledge and experience. I can give you an unbiased view of your program, which from the delusional Florida fans I know is sorely needed. But mainly because I’m 100% correct in my opinion on where Florida ranks as a program. Any more stupid fucking questions you fucking asshole?

You might be right about everything else, but I dunno about this unless you're ArmyBrat. A few years ago, Gatorubet was kind enough to buy MFC danger girl and me dinner in New Orleans, and I joked about him being old to the board then.

I'm a(n) (old) man; I'm 50. And if I were to meet then-Gator for the first time today, I'd still say he was old.

• Haha 1

You might be right about everything else, but I dunno about this unless you're ArmyBrat. A few years ago, Gatorubet was kind enough to buy MFC danger girl and me dinner in New Orleans, and I joked about him being old to the board then.
I'm a(n) (old) man; I'm 50. And if I were to meet then-Gator for the first time today, I'd still say he was old.

Wow. I just assumed he was an immature kid who doesn’t know nearly as much as he thinks. Turns out he’s a pathetic old fuck who will be that fucking stupid the rest of his life.
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

From bathing in aggy, Buckeye, and Sooner misery, to reading reports that the defensive coordinator who holds your team together is a potential top target to replace Riley 

spacer.png

There's apparently something in Venables past that eliminates him from being a head coach at a top school. People have brought it up since he was a successful DC at OU. I think he'd be a reasonable choice for OU, if he'd take the job now. I doubt he'd want it actually.

35 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Hoo boy that’s a take. Not sure if political vendetta or meth addict, those are pretty much the only two reasons to say those words.

Maybe he likes lower cost of living and being around salt of the earth types. Meanwhile Lincoln will be eating sea urchin while hunting baby seals

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BlakeOfTheYear said:

Easiest decision in the world. Norman OK or Los Angeles CA.... you pick

Haha Norman is a shit hole but so is LA. I wouldn’t stop to take a fucking shit in LA much less live there. It makes me laugh at how people think LA is sooooo cool because of Hollywood. Fuck that entire shit hole of a state.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Maybe he likes lower cost of living and being around salt of the earth types. Meanwhile Lincoln will be eating sea urchin while hunting baby seals
"salt of the earth"!? In Okla-fucking-homa!? Where the fuck did I just wander into and what have you done with Surly?

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Haha Norman is a shit hole but so is LA. I wouldn’t stop to take a fucking shit in LA much less live there. It makes me laugh at how people think LA is sooooo cool because of Hollywood. Fuck that entire shit hole of a state.

You think people think LA is cool because of Hollywood? 

Do you have any idea how ridiculously awesome LA is if you have money?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I agree, most of LA is shithole and has been for a long time, however the non shithole outlying areas are better than the swankiest Norman neighborhoods..and it's not even close. Would I live there? Fuck no...but if I were making big scratch as the USC head corch it would be more than liveable.

Just now, David Dennison said:

You think people think LA is cool because of Hollywood? 

Do you have any idea how ridiculously awesome LA is if you have money?

Most yes. My family lives in LA in the hills. Literally everyone that goes and visits is for Hollywood. LA traffic is the worst in the country, everyone is super douchey and thinks they are future stars. I wouldn’t live in LA or Cali if you paid me. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, ousux said:
12 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I agree, most of LA is shithole and has been for a long time, however the non shithole outlying areas are better than the swankiest Norman neighborhoods..and it's not even close. Would I live there? Fuck no...but if I were making big scratch as the USC head corch it would be more than liveable.

Yea I literally led off my post that Norman is a shit hole.

• Haha 1

Lincoln is gonna buy a sweet ass house in Manhattan Beach near the ocean.  His wife will be in heaven.  Not a bad commute to USC from there.  That beats the ever living hell out of anywhere in Oklahoma and/or Baton Rouge.

i'll take one of these:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/825-Highview-Ave-Manhattan-Beach-CA-90266/20417444_zpid/?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/224-29th-St-Manhattan-Beach-CA-90266/20421029_zpid/?

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1