2022 Off-Season Thread: No Kool-Aid, Just Flavor-Aid

BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

NC State at number 4?  Did Joe Burrow portal there?

I've seen them ranked in the teens in a couple polls.  They're coming off a 9-3 record with a lot of returning production, a pretty good defense, a typical mediocre ACC, and a weak nonconference schedule. 

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I've seen them ranked in the teens in a couple polls.  They're coming off a 9-3 record with a lot of returning production, a pretty good defense, a typical mediocre ACC, and a weak nonconference schedule. 

Yeah, but it’s NC fucking State. Good vet school, and used to have Wolfpack Red Creme Soda. 

That’s about it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Yeah, but it’s NC fucking State. Good vet school, and used to have Wolfpack Red Creme Soda. 

That’s about it. 

You're not wrong.  I have an affinity for N.C. State.  I started my first two years of college there before moving to Texas and finishing my undergrad and law degrees on the 40 Acres. 

Academically, it's the A&M to the state's flagship, the University of North Carolina.  But it has a normal student body without the dipshits and ridiculous traditions in College Station.  And Raleigh is 100 times better than that shithole town.  Oh, and female cheerleaders. 

9 minutes ago, South Austin said:

You're not wrong.  I have an affinity for N.C. State.  I started my first two years of college there before moving to Texas and finishing my undergrad and law degrees on the 40 Acres. 

Academically, it's the A&M to the state's flagship, the University of North Carolina.  But it has a normal student body without the dipshits and ridiculous traditions in College Station.  And Raleigh is 100 times better than that shithole town.  Oh, and female cheerleaders. 

You got to see Jim Valvano coach his last game for the Wolfpack?

10 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

You got to see Jim Valvano coach his last game for the Wolfpack?

That was a bit before my time.  But I did see him give one of his final speeches at Reynolds Coliseum right before the Duke game (Bobby Hurley's senior year) a few weeks before he passed.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Csb went with a big group to dirty Martin's and one of the guys in the group flipped out when they said they wouldn't split the check. I tried to calm him and said I'd pay his part since I had cash but he got the cops called anyway. Haven't felt comfortable going back since and that was like a decade ago. 

They really should put on the menus in big letters they refuse to split checks. 

23 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Csb went with a big group to dirty Martin's and one of the guys in the group flipped out when they said they wouldn't split the check. I tried to calm him and said I'd pay his part since I had cash but he got the cops called anyway. Haven't felt comfortable going back since and that was like a decade ago. 

Your friend sounds like a fucking asshole

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

That's what you took from this experience?

2 hours ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

6pm brunch? I think someone doesn't know the meaning of the word..

They really went out of the way for it too, "Burgers With Bigs" would be the obvious choice.

4 hours ago, gmr548 said:

That's what you took from this experience?

They really went out of the way for it too, "Burgers With Bigs" would be the obvious choice.

No the dude was an asshole about it. It was a mix of different chapters of the same organization meeting so that guy I had never met before that night. But really though if you're a restaurant and you refuse to split checks for big groups you should mention that before you seat them. Almost no one carries cash and some people don't want the hassle of having to venmo,, and besides this was all before people routinely used venmo 

Edited by Hermanator