2022 Off-Season Thread: No Kool-Aid, Just Flavor-Aid

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, SuckitKevin said:

Holy Shit, and that’s w/o anybody really pushing him. That’s fast as fuck boi!

39 minutes ago, ousux said:

El Presidente gets it, really gets it.

Question is, did he just retweet a fan made video with wishful thinking, or is the ending a clue?

14 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

he's such a tease

That has to mean we're announcing that we won't be here for the 2023 season right? Is it possible we leave the Big XII and are in the SEC in the Fall of 22? I can't believe we would be using SEC  branding now if not to send some sort of message. Either there's something big politically going on behind closed doors that needed a bit of a jolt...or things are about to close soon.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Same here.... it kinda made my skin crawl.

i get it but it's not like this is some new announcement. that train left the station a long time ago. might as well get onboard.

buddy was at the baseball tourney this weekend in houston. he said the amount of shit talking from lsu fans was insane. fuck the sec and their glorified community college education, fuck those backwards ass fucksticks throughout sec country. if we are going to join those uneducated fucksticks, might as well kick all their asses doing it.

• Hook 'Em 3

20 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

That has to mean we're announcing that we won't be here for the 2023 season right? Is it possible we leave the Big XII and are in the SEC in the Fall of 22? I can't believe we would be using SEC  branding now if not to send some sort of message. Either there's something big politically going on behind closed doors that needed a bit of a jolt...or things are about to close soon.

Wishful thinking on your part. 

We are stuck because ou is poor. 

20 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

i get it but it's not like this is some new announcement. that train left the station a long time ago. might as well get onboard.

buddy was at the baseball tourney this weekend in houston. he said the amount of shit talking from lsu fans was insane. fuck the sec and their glorified community college education, fuck those backwards ass fucksticks throughout sec country. if we are going to join those uneducated fucksticks, might as well kick all their asses doing it.

Um, look at the rest of the schools in our conference. Outside of Texas, there's nobody academically in the Big 12 anywhere near Florida, Georgia, much less Vanderbilt.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Um, look at the rest of the schools in our conference. Outside of Texas, there's nobody academically in the Big 12 anywhere near Florida, Georgia, much less Vanderbilt.

TCU has a lot to offer.

Spoiler

ba80cea5274534505826cc939ddd8a03.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

On 3/7/2022 at 6:15 AM, BayouBill said:

What a time to be alive

Oh man the frat boys did not enjoy Longhorns taking pictures with the Gary Patterson statue after the basketball game, even put a hat on him. Quickly devolved into 'fuck you's' and 'faggots'.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Speculation that the Bama game could be an 11am kick, because Fox has the 1st game pick this season. That would suck. But I'd agree there's a pretty good chance that Fox will pick that game as a rare chance to get Bama on their network. Then it would come down to whether they put it in the Big Noon timeslot or not.

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Rage+1 5

Oh man the frat boys did not enjoy Longhorns taking pictures with the Gary Patterson statue after the basketball game, even put a hat on him. Quickly devolved into 'fuck you's' and 'faggots'.

I was the guy that put the hat on him and got a picture with my arm around him.
Yes, let’s just say the frat boys did not see the humor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

On 3/7/2022 at 4:04 PM, C-Man said:

This is true, but it's another level in the SEC. Baylor, TCU, Kansas, ISU, and even OU rightfully look down on many of those schools. Once you get past aggy and maybe Tennessee, it's a whole lot of yikes.

21 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Speculation that the Bama game could be an 11am kick, because Fox has the 1st game pick this season. That would suck. But I'd agree there's a pretty good chance that Fox will pick that game as a rare chance to get Bama on their network. Then it would come down to whether they put it in the Big Noon timeslot or not.

Rage GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/8/2022 at 1:09 PM, LonghornSean said:

At least it would finally get that fuckwad Stoops to our campus. The boos will be raining down as he will be forced to suck Bama’s cock

Edited by UTEX_ME

Fucking goosebumps. The end Of the video makes me wonder if things are moving faster than what has been talked about in the media.  

You can’t have one without the other. Ou doesn’t have the money for the buyout.

Also who made that video? Honest question.

22 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Haven't seen alotta hype for this today...  

with what we are graduating this year rightly so. There are maybe three draftable guys and no day 1 or 2 picks.

Edited by Vertigo

Scouting the Longhorns: Texas A&M boasts the most loaded quarterback room in the state, but Texas has the most interesting collection. The Longhorns' primary contenders -- Hudson Card, Quinn Ewers and Maalik Murphy -- all carry freshman or sophomore eligibility. Whoever emerges from the offseason competition could guide coach Steve Sarkisian's offense through 2023, and possibly beyond. The spotlight is undoubtedly on Ewers, who returns home after skipping his senior season of high school to attend Ohio State, where he arrived late, pocketed NIL dollars and didn't attempt a pass. Ewers was one of the more decorated high school quarterback prospects in recent years, and could be a natural fit to operate Sarkisian's system.

Card opened the 2021 season as the starter and benefited from a year under Sarkisian. He came out of Austin's Lake Travis High School as ESPN's No. 40 overall recruit in the 2020 class -- not quite in Ewers' category but not far off. Although Card must navigate the Ewers hype around the Texas program, he also has the opportunity to outplay him and win the job. Murphy is an ESPN 300 prospect from California, who likely will be a good insurance option for this fall.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/33453955/college-football-top-25-future-quarterback-power-rankings?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab