PS5 info requested for total noob

tbone_

11 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

So I’m getting a PS5 for a home theater setup. Guy I work with scored me one with his bot.

Anyway, I know shitall about gaming or modern systems. Haven’t had one in 25 years.

So, where should I start?

What type of games do you like?

There’s not a whole lot of great games right now for the PS5. This year was kind of a down year for gaming.2022 should be salty though. If you’re into racing GT 7 comes out in February. Also Horizon Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok come out next year as well. Best game that came out on PS5 is Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. Otherwise, I’ve been playing a lot PS4 games on it right now.

• Like 1

Based off your limited list, you probably want to spring for the PS Plus, It's $60 a year and will give you 2-3 free (aside from the $60) games a month you can keep, to help you build up your collection. You also may want to consider a PS Now subscription if you have literally 0 games, but want access to large library quickly. It's also $60 a year.

With that being said since you listed Baseball The Show is a very popular one on PS, which a lot of people enjoy. Madden is still the only game in town for now for football. Also, all of the end of the year/holiday deals should be going on now, so you can load up on all the racing games and shooters you want (especially from EA since they went subscription service, they sell their games for cheaper now). There is still Need 4 Speed, Forza, The Crew, Gran Turismo, DIRT, Etc.

Thanks for the info.

Btw, what’s one of these go for on the secondary market? Guy that works for me bought it with his bot, which cost money, and for which he intended to sell for a profit.

He wants to give it to me at cost but I don’t want to gyp him out of the profit he earned just because he works for me.

What’s a fair price?

7 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Thanks for the info.

Btw, what’s one of these go for on the secondary market? Guy that works for me bought it with his bot, which cost money, and for which he intended to sell for a profit.

He wants to give it to me at cost but I don’t want to gyp him out of the profit he earned just because he works for me.

What’s a fair price?

Depends on where you go. On ebay they're selling for over $1k. However, StockX has them close to around $800 and that doesn't include the extra fees(shipping, taxes and processing).

11 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Based off your limited list, you probably want to spring for the PS Plus, It's $60 a year and will give you 2-3 free (aside from the $60) games a month you can keep, to help you build up your collection. You also may want to consider a PS Now subscription if you have literally 0 games, but want access to large library quickly. It's also $60 a year.

With that being said since you listed Baseball The Show is a very popular one on PS, which a lot of people enjoy. Madden is still the only game in town for now for football. Also, all of the end of the year/holiday deals should be going on now, so you can load up on all the racing games and shooters you want (especially from EA since they went subscription service, they sell their games for cheaper now). There is still Need 4 Speed, Forza, The Crew, Gran Turismo, DIRT, Etc.

PS Plus is good. You can buy a one year membership for like $40 off cdkeys.

If the dude is using a bot, fuck him, he’s part of the problem
if he offers it at cost, buy it at cost. I doubt he only used it once just for you, he’s probably got a couple on the side he’s selling for profit.

Negative. He invested in the bot and routinely uses it to buy and sell for profit. I’m not about to try to gyp him out of a profit he earned because I’m his boss.

Smart dude. Also mines ETH.

Don’t hate the player, hate the game.