IVF and IUI Drugs

Spur08

Congrats on your newborn and good on you for offering up your extra meds. 

Fertility costs are absolutely prohibitive for a lot of folks, and the more complicated the conceiving issues are the more exponentially crazy those costs can get. My wife and I thankfully only had to do the first level shit, but my buddy and his wife were paying something insane per shot with what was essentially a toss up odds for a pregnancy. 

• Like 1

Yea, it's wild without any type of benefit.  Unfortunately, our first round of IVF failed and we decided to give it a shot with a second round (harvest during ice storm '21 -- pure stress).  Even with our 2 rounds, it was cheaper than our good friend's cost of 1 round (~$30/40K).

What we have isn't the whole regimen, but it would definitely help (about $7-10K worth).  

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/30/2021 at 9:10 PM, Spur08 said:

I'm not sure if this needs to be moved to another forum or what, so feel free to do what you will mods.

My wife (and I - pics only of me) recently did IVF.  Thankfully, all worked out well as our son was born this past month.  We were fortunate to have benefits that covered IVF treatment but know that others do not necessarily have that option.  We have a few of the drugs left over including an IUI shot, so if anyone is considering IVF or IUI and would like to save some $$ on drugs, PM me.

Wait.  You're trying to sell powerful hormones, meant to be prescribed by an expert doctor...to strangers on a message board?  Not sure that's safe, Bro.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 9:10 PM, Spur08 said:

I'm not sure if this needs to be moved to another forum or what, so feel free to do what you will mods.

My wife (and I - pics only of me) recently did IVF.  Thankfully, all worked out well as our son was born this past month.  We were fortunate to have benefits that covered IVF treatment but know that others do not necessarily have that option.  We have a few of the drugs left over including an IUI shot, so if anyone is considering IVF or IUI and would like to save some $$ on drugs, PM me.

Congrats. We went that same route twice. And we had to do multiple rounds each time. Unfortunately it was not covered by insurance. Saving money on the drugs would have been really appreciated. But.....

26 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Wait.  You're trying to sell powerful hormones, meant to be prescribed by an expert doctor...to strangers on a message board?  Not sure that's safe, Bro.

This. 

Why don't you discuss it with your doctor? You may able to donate the remaining drugs to them for their other patients. Or they may be able to direct you where to donate them. I would not provide them directly to anyone else. It is almost certainly illegal for you to do so. You may be exposing yourself to jail time or civil penalties.  

If the drugs are ready prescribed, and these are still tamper evident, what’s the harm in taking them?

we ended up having to have an egg donor after round 1 of ivf generated unfit eggs that did not fertilize. That was disgustingly cost prohibitive as American women are seemingly very proud of their eggs. So we did it in the Czech Republic. Cost of trip, IVF, and egg donation was like $11K all in. And if it failed we had a week long European vacation for our money.  That was 13 years ago so costs may be different. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

54 minutes ago, Spur08 said:

For the record, these are not for sale.

We have discussed with our doc and the most they can do w them is show patients how to do the injections in office.

Nice offer. We had shitty insurance our first go with it and the drugs were such a big cost. 

On 12/2/2021 at 9:11 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

we ended up having to have an egg donor after round 1 of ivf generated unfit eggs that did not fertilize. That was disgustingly cost prohibitive as American women are seemingly very proud of their eggs. So we did it in the Czech Republic. Cost of trip, IVF, and egg donation was like $11K all in. And if it failed we had a week long European vacation for our money.  That was 13 years ago so costs may be different. 

Besides the lower cash costs, in many of the EU states, the IVF procedure is fully or partially subsidized.  In Norway the out of pocket max is $2000.  You just need to first show some doctor attestations of its necessity.

US birthrate isn't far off from the low rates of the EU.  Don't they want to have future tax base or not?

I’ve caught myself privately semi-bitching that both our kids took naturally after only the first or second month…of course I wanted to ‘try’ more before entering the inevitable rollercoaster that is bringing life into the world.  

Then I read threads like this or read elsewhere online or talk to friends, and my heart breaks that some of the very best people have the most heart-wrenching, expensive, stressful time just trying to have one in a loving relationship.  

And then Cletus down yander pops em out like Idiocracy without even a hint of irony and the glaring inequities of life are once again brought to the surface.  

Beat of luck to all of y’all struggling with this, free drugs or not.  

• Hook 'Em 1