Mission Impossible 6: Fallout

Patrick Bateman

So..... Ethan Hawke, wait no, Hunt is back with the gang in the 6th installment in the franchise.  A friend said they were excited because every MI movie has gotten better and while I don't necessarily agree (MI2 was pretty cheesy, Thanks Woo), this franchise has held up unbelievably well.  And he's battling Superman!!!  Until the probably inevitably team up.

Here's the new trailer:

Personally, I think the best trailer I've seen this year is the first trailer for the movie..... Music is spot on.

Coming in July.... Rebecca Ferguson is yummy....

The tech from the first doesn't hold up but is still a great story. 2 is typical John Woo ridiculousness. The rest have all been pretty good. Man that first MI is 22 years old. That son of a bitch is still cranking these out and doing his own stunts. 

The tech from the first doesn't hold up but is still a great story. 2 is typical John Woo ridiculousness. The rest have all been pretty good. Man that first MI is 22 years old. That son of a bitch is still cranking these out and doing his own stunts. 
Stunts for days. 2fc817a1d5794b185c89a92556ac002b.jpg

• 1 month later...

whoever is the brand manager for this is doing a terrible job making sure people can see the prior movies in the runup to this one.  1 & 2 are on starz, which i guess is commercial free but it's not exactly HBO or showtime in terms of households, 4 & 5 are on FX which will have commercials and may be cut, and none of them are at redbox.  lame. 

whoever is the brand manager for this is doing a terrible job making sure people can see the prior movies in the runup to this one.  1 & 2 are on starz, which i guess is commercial free but it's not exactly HBO or showtime in terms of households, 4 & 5 are on FX which will have commercials and may be cut, and none of them are at redbox.  lame. 

No 3? I thought PSH was pretty good in that.

On 5/19/2018 at 10:05 PM, Wiler77 said:

So fucking in. I'm a fan of the whole series. 2 was weak, but 3 kicked all kinds of ass, and the others are just good popcorn flicks.

Agreed on all counts. Got my tickets for Saturday and planning to rewatch Rogue Nation tonight.

On 5/20/2018 at 9:38 PM, CooterBrown said:

What’s funny is how bad ass Woo was in the early 90s. He was a cinema god. No one thought differently. Holy shit his stuff did not hold up.

His movies had a few good elements but his action sequences were over the top and unbelievable. And how many times can you redo two guys flying through the air (kung fu movie shit) firing at each other with both hands and never hitting anything? Just gets boring.

"Well, it's like choreography!" Don't care.

Yeah huge fan of the series.  LOVED the first one and really liked the rest... Part 2 is even somewhat re-watchable just in terms of watching the whole John Woo-over-the-top-ness of the whole thing.  It's basically like a movie version of Affliction shirts.

On 7/19/2018 at 5:27 PM, elfenix said:

The 1-5 collection is only $29.99 in the itunes store.

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

Do I need to go back and watch 2 through whatever number before I go watch this one?  I haven't seen the last few.

It definitely piggybacks off the last MI, which I'd seen but didn't remember.  You'll be fine having not seen some of the others. All you need to know is Ethan Hunt is a spy and his team consists of Marcellus Wallace and Shawn of the Dead.  It used to have Hawkeye too, but I don't remember what happened to him. They all love each other like a family.  Except for Hawkeye's replacement, Superman, he's a cocky a-hole who thinks he knows better than the much more experienced Hunt.  Hunt can basically do no wrong and is awesome at everything but has plenty of humblebrags which bring him down to earth.

That said, It's pretty fun as an action flick even though most of the twists were predictable.  I'd say it's as good as the last two. 

3 hours ago, miguelito said:

Do I need to go back and watch 2 through whatever number before I go watch this one?  I haven't seen the last few.

I'd recommend at least watching GoG, Avengers: Age of Ultron, possibly Doctor Strange as well as Captain America: Civil War and Thor: Ragnarok.

Hold on, strike that. All you need is MI-5 and you'll be set.

Fantastic movie. Has to take the cake for me as the best in the series.

- So many amazing scenes. The HALO jump. The extraction. The bathroom fight. The helicopter chase. Ethan Hunt parkour-ing across London. 

- That sunset at the end got me for a second.

- So many plot twists and reversals, yet it doesn't get tiring because the action is so balls-to-the-wall.

- Rebecca Ferguson is as hot as ever. Damn.

- Michelle Monaghan still can't act. Whatever.

This is one of the three loons who gave the movie a negative review on RT. Jesus.

image.png

Edited by satyanash

Such a great flick. 

This series gets better and better, unlike Bourne which started out excellent and got rapidly shitty. 

Cruise needs to give other mega stars lessons on how to deliver a quality, entertaining product. Who else puts it on the line body and soul (especially body) like Cruise.