Mission Impossible 6: Fallout

Patrick Bateman

6 hours ago, ajax said:

Such a great flick. 

This series gets better and better, unlike Bourne which started out excellent and got rapidly shitty. 

Cruise needs to give other mega stars lessons on how to deliver a quality, entertaining product. Who else puts it on the line body and soul (especially body) like Cruise. 

The greengrass Bourne got diluted but the worst one is still better than the best MI.  

Tom cruise also sold his soul to l Ron hubbard

14 hours ago, 52-80 said:

The greengrass Bourne got diluted but the worst one is still better than the best MI.  

Tom cruise also sold his soul to l Ron hubbard

I don't know if you've seen the Last Bourne movie, but it wasn't very good.  Last 3-4 MI's have been better.....

Fun, really good popcorn movie.... I always wonder after this, will they try to keep this going after Cruise gives it up.... Is this the American version of Bond?

Edited by Patrick Bateman

3 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

I liked it. Good movie. Non stop action and incredible shots of stunts. A few WTF? plot hole moments but overall a very good action film. 

Tom may be batshit crazy, but he’s consistently good in everything he does on screen

I used to agree but then the Mummy happened 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2018 at 5:55 PM, Parliament said:

No way they shut down a profitable franchise. I feel a reboot/origin story coming soon. And maybe an "Old Man Hunt" spinoff.

They tried to do a soft reboot transition to Renner as the main lead in Ghost Protocol, but changed tack for whatever reason.

Cruise broke his ankle during filming and his insurance company had to pay out $70 million to keep everyone around while he healed. Don't think anyone will insure him again. This could be the end of the road for him in MI.

Saw it last night. Really enjoyed it. Don't know why I like these movies so much but I do. Except II. II was awful and not in a good awful like Con Air. Wife commented that Rebecca Ferguson and Vanessa Kirby are both oddly hot. 

Edited by mdmost

On 7/28/2018 at 5:57 AM, A-Tex Devil said:

Fun fact from the twitters:

Tom Cruise is 5 yrs older in latest Mission Impossible movie than Wilford Brimley was in Cocoon.

i still find it crazy that in the natural, brimley was 50.  and redford was 48.

cruise is 56 and flying all over the fucking place in this thing.

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

They tried to do a soft reboot transition to Renner as the main lead in Ghost Protocol, but changed tack for whatever reason.

Cruise broke his ankle during filming and his insurance company had to pay out $70 million to keep everyone around while he healed. Don't think anyone will insure him again. This could be the end of the road for him in MI.

This is one of Paramount's most valuable properties and Cruise is still one of the biggest global stars on the planet.  Paramount would love to do a MI7 and insurance won't be an issue.  If Cruise stops, it's because he wants to and also because the Syndicate arc has been brought to it's conclusion.  The reboot trilogy is sort of over now so would he want to start a new one?  Stand alone type of story?  It didn't end like this was the last one, but Cruise would be near 60 by the time they got to filming.... Cruise seems to come back to this when he needs a hit to stay relevant.  If Top Gun 2 is a huge hit, I could see this property be transitioned and rebooted to a younger star.

This movie lived up to the hype and reviews. Heart is still pumping...

Love this series and still will watch the previous movies when I catch them on tv. The last one Rogue Nation was one of my favorites with his car+motorcycle chase scene and intro of Rebecca.

Hope Tom makes these for years to come, take my money to watch him run everywhere and fuck shit up.

GeneralSimilarCrab-max-1mb.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by utxmike05

5 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Honest question here, if I have not seen any of the previous movies will any of this movie make sense?

its an action movie, not a saga or drama.  youre watching for the entertainment value of the unbelievable stunts, not to unravel some storyline

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

its an action movie, not a saga or drama.  youre watching for the entertainment value of the unbelievable stunts, not to unravel some storyline

Yeah, understandable. I know it's not high drama, like Porky's, but I guess I should have just asked if the movies were a continuation, or if they were all just separate of the others.

6 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Honest question here, if I have not seen any of the previous movies will any of this movie make sense?

You need to watch at the least MI:Rogue Nation first.  I would recommend MI3-5 tho to get the arc with his ex-wife.

• Like 1

I watched it today after work.  I saw MI 1 & 2 in theaters.  I was a John Woo fan when MI:2 came out and was actually pumped when it came out.  I was a fan of Woo dating back to his Hong Kong flicks though...

I iddn't watch MI 3-5 in theaters but did on blu-ray when they came out.  MI:3 was ok but Ghost Protocol is when they finally put it all together.  I think Simon Pegg/comedic relief is a big part of that.  Rogue Nation was awesome as well.

I think there is some truth in that the pivot that Mission Impossible has taken has some Fast & Furious in there but I prefer MI:4-6 better than the F&F stuff.

Watch it the theaters, guys, it's worth the ticket cost.

9 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

I think there’s a bit more than subtle nods to MI5. Not necessary to watch the entire series, but if you have time to watch MI5 before seeing this, it would probably do you some good.

Well it's very much a direct sequel to MI5, so yeah a lot more than subtle nod. This has a lot of direct ties to 3, 4 and 5 - which cover his wife/ex-wife arc (re: RD3).

Some of the more subtle references (light spoilers ahead): The White Widow being Max's (MI1) daughter, actually using Hunt's mountain climbing (MI2), the confession and "hospital" scenes felt like nods to 1 and 2 as well.

8 hours ago, RD3 said:

I think Simon Pegg/comedic relief is a big part of that. 

I completely agree. Pegg does a great job of balancing Hunt, who like in all Tom Cruise movies, is a complete badass who can do anything.

I was rewatching Rogue Nation last night and Hunt had a drawing of Rebecca Ferguson's character.  The drawing was so good they were able to do facial recognition to determine who the girl was.

So on top of all his other skills, he's a brilliant artist.  Cmon.  That's a guy who needs to be humbled to be palatable.  Pegg is the balance that humbles him. 

1 hour ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

I completely agree. Pegg does a great job of balancing Hunt, who like in all Tom Cruise movies, is a complete badass who can do anything.

I was rewatching Rogue Nation last night and Hunt had a drawing of Rebecca Ferguson's character.  The drawing was so good they were able to do facial recognition to determine who the girl was.

So on top of all his other skills, he's a brilliant artist.  Cmon.  That's a guy who needs to be humbled to be palatable.  Pegg is the balance that humbles him. 

He also memorized a ton of bank accounts and numbers in like 10 minutes.

I still forget my surly password despite stopping by every day and not changing it.

1 hour ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

My favorite part of Pegg's comedic relief is how he blindly believes Hunt can do *ANYTHING*. It's hilarious seeing that confidence and having Hunt be like "wait give me a sec"....

On 7/31/2018 at 7:00 AM, satyanash said:

He can be the new kitrich. Can do that for multiple films or can die in the transition film. Can die a hero or have a heel turn and get caught by renner/whomever. 

10 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Well it's very much a direct sequel to MI5, so yeah a lot more than subtle nod. This has a lot of direct ties to 3, 4 and 5 - which cover his wife/ex-wife arc (re: RD3).

Some of the more subtle references (light spoilers ahead): The White Widow being Max's (MI1) daughter, actually using Hunt's mountain climbing (MI2), the confession and "hospital" scenes felt like nods to 1 and 2 as well.

None of these were Central to the story of movie 6 though.  Viewer didn't need to know about his relationships with the fed and his personal life....because what needed to known, was shown. 

It's not episodic that leans on canon the way a star wars or lotr series is.  

It's more like die hard or Beverly hills cop...each movie is it's own adventure with it's own narrative.

Anyway, I didn't know Henry cavills teeth were so fucked.  I thought he was supposed to be the perfect specimen of man.

Meh. It bugs me that all of a sudden they had everything figured out when 10 seconds before they had no idea there was anything to figure out. It’s like in the editing room they were so intent on hitting the 2:20 mark, they cut out any scene where the team discovered clues that Superman was a bad guy.

7 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Some of the best action ive seen on film in a long time. The camera work was borderline incredible. The skydiving scene alone was worth the price of admission

Not groundbreaking plot, but maybe the best of the MI series and one of the most enjoyable movies of the year

Same ...but for the Helicopter chase.  Gorgeous stuff.  Supposedly Cruise actually piloted the helicopter for some of those sequences