Ewers in the portal

Bruh Man

30 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Led the team in prayer then ran up and down the sidelines while teammates scored? Wow, what a guy. Baker Mayfield did the same thing, so this is definitely ironclad proof of his leadership skills and high character.

I'm sure he's a great kid but come on.

yeah but when Klubnick does it, he really means it. comes from the heart...

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Hotness / Intelligence trade-off talk not going away.

Time is a flat circle.  Had the same conversation, verbatim talking points, with my buddies when we were 16 and looking at colleges.  I'm glad I've found classier, more refined folks to associate with online these days.

Where?

• Hook 'Em 1

Anybody who thinks on average UT has hotter women than Tech has obviously never been to the Tech campus.  I attended both schools, started at Tech and transferred to UT.  I am not a Tech fan and I bleed orange all the way.  UT has its share of hot girls, but at Tech you always ran the risk of walking head on into a street sign because you were looking left and right constantly at all the girls passing by.  

That being said, a starting QB for UT is going to get his share of hot poon in Austin or anywhere else he goes to school.  Chicks shouldn’t be a deciding factor for Quinn Ewers.  Even with that Tiger Joe looking mullet he will pull all the wool he wants if he comes to Austin.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Led the team in prayer then ran up and down the sidelines while teammates scored? Wow, what a guy. Baker Mayfield did the same thing, so this is definitely ironclad proof of his leadership skills and high character.

I'm sure he's a great kid but come on.

In the second half of games this season, (in which he rarely plays,) he's the biggest cheerleader you will ever see, congratulating the backups when they come off the field after scores. When our backup QB ran for a long TD, he ran down the sidelines with him. He's the best QB ever at Westlake, and that's saying a lot. And he was the MVP of the state game last year, not Ewers, and he played that game w a separated shoulder. Put everything I mentioned together, including prayer, and yes, that is the kind of person you want to be your leader. 

I've been watching Klubnik lead since he was in 7th grade, but please feel free to correct me on my views about the young man. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Gaffords said:

I might be wrong, but I don't think he visited Tech his recruitment cycle so I can see him deciding to at least take a look.  But after being at tOSU for a year, Tech's facilities are probably underwhelming.  

Him naming the 3 Texas schools is likely because he found Columbus underwhelming and decided the state of Texas is where he wants to play.  I would say Texas is in the lead, but aggy is a very close second.  But I believe Sark feels him in.

Sark needs to be careful.  Urbs got in a lot of trouble for this move.

30 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

Anybody who thinks on average UT has hotter women than Tech has obviously never been to the Tech campus.  I attended both schools, started at Tech and transferred to UT.  I am not a Tech fan and I bleed orange all the way.  UT has its share of hot girls, but at Tech you always ran the risk of walking head on into a street sign because you were looking left and right constantly at all the girls passing by.  

yup-uh.gif

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

User name checks out??

45 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

In the second half of games this season, (in which he rarely plays,) he's the biggest cheerleader you will ever see, congratulating the backups when they come off the field after scores. When our backup QB ran for a long TD, he ran down the sidelines with him. He's the best QB ever at Westlake, and that's saying a lot. And he was the MVP of the state game last year, not Ewers, and he played that game w a separated shoulder. Put everything I mentioned together, including prayer, and yes, that is the kind of person you want to be your leader. 

I've been watching Klubnik lead since he was in 7th grade, but please feel free to correct me on my views about the young man. 

Who gives a shit about having a proselytizing quarterback? Can he throw the tunnel screen??

• Hook 'Em 5

54 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

He's not coming here though so why are we discussing him? 

(I went to Westlake and my kids will go to Westlake so I wish he was, obviously).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

I really don’t give a fuck if he prays or not.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

He's not coming here though so why are we discussing him? 

(I went to Westlake and my kids will go to Westlake so I wish he was, obviously).

I mention him because I am comparing how he has conducted himself this past fall vs Ewers. 

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I really don’t give a fuck if he prays or not.

I mention it not to try to impart a religious viewpoint, but because his faith is an important part of his identity and has helped to mold his leadership traits.   

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

i really don't care if he runs down the sideline with the backup QB either.

actually he's clempson so don't care about klubnick at all.

Well, I no longer care about the Texas Longhorn football program, except to make fun of it at this point, so I guess that makes us even.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Well, I no longer care about the Texas Longhorn football program, except to make fun of it at this point, so I guess that makes us even.  

Sounds like you should fish for pos rep on a Westlake forum instead of spending so much time here, then. Everybody wins!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I mention him because I am comparing how he has conducted himself this past fall vs Ewers. 

I mention it not to try to impart a religious viewpoint, but because his faith is an important part of his identity and has helped to mold his leadership traits.   

Good for him.  I’m glad he has decided to use his status as QB1 to impose his worldview on his public school teammates.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

Lots of them are now headed out of state.  Many SEC schools offer in-state tuition to Texas high school students.  Both of my neighbors' daughters ended up at Arkansas, because they couldn't get into Texas and didn't want to go to Tech or TSU.  Other neighbors' kids have recently ended up at Alabama and Ole Miss for similar reasons.

This is exactly correct and the reason my niece and my about to graduate daughter are likely headed to Bama.  That and the STEM/create paths to MBA's they offer there in their honors program. I wish she'd had her brother's grades, her grade are good but just not good enough for UT

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Teamdirtyleg said:

This is exactly correct and the reason my niece and my (??????) about to graduate daughter are likely headed to Bama.  That and the STEM/create paths to MBA's they offer there in their honors program. I wish she'd had her brother's grades, her grade are good but just not good enough for UT

Well don't leave us hanging 

6 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

This is exactly correct and the reason my niece and my about to graduate daughter are likely headed to Bama.  That and the STEM/create paths to MBA's they offer there in their honors program. I wish she'd had her brother's grades, her grade are good but just not good enough for UT

There are rules in place sir...

PICs or GTFO  

1 minute ago, TreatyOak said:

Still trying to control my posting, I see. Well, at least you are consistent. 

I'm not trying to control your posting. I'm pointing out when you make stupid posts and also referencing your board spam with repetitive memes. Feel free to talk about how I make asshole posts too often.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Good for him.  I’m glad he has decided to use his status as QB1 to impose his worldview on his public school teammates.

We saw with Tebow how well that works out. The teammates love it because they can just roll their eyes at the religious dork while enjoying the PR cover he's giving the program. Reporters aren't looking at what you're doing behind the scenes when they're busy constantly asking you about how awesome your good boy religious QB is. 

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm not trying to control your posting. I'm pointing out when you make stupid posts and also referencing your board spam with repetitive memes. Feel free to talk about how I make asshole posts too often.

Well, you did just ask me not to post here anymore. That does seem like you are still trying to control my posting, no? 

I am fortunate that I do have the Westlake athletic program that I can believe in and respect, unlike the miserable freak show that UT has devolved into. As I say, it is strange watching 14-18 year old kids who are smarter and better coached than 18-22 years olds. 

Yesterday, the only mention of UT on ESPN was a monkey lawsuit. It's really quite amazing. 

16 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

We saw with Tebow how well that works out. The teammates love it because they can just roll their eyes at the religious dork while enjoying the PR cover he's giving the program. Reporters aren't looking at what you're doing behind the scenes when they're busy constantly asking you about how awesome your good boy religious QB is. 

Yeah, Tebow was really bad in college, winning a national championship and on the shortlist of best players to ever play the game. Good thing here at Texas we don't let people like him embarrass or influence our fine players who are making us so proud about all of our current success! 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

So are you saying that Will Rodgers is STILL on his horse?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Well, you did just ask me not to post here anymore. That does seem like you are still trying to control my posting, no? 

I am fortunate that I do have the Westlake athletic program that I can believe in and respect, unlike the miserable freak show that UT has devolved into. As I say, it is strange watching 14-18 year old kids who are smarter and better coached than 18-22 years olds. 

Yesterday, the only mention of UT on ESPN was a monkey lawsuit. It's really quite amazing. 

Yeah, Tebow was really bad in college, winning a national championship and on the shortlist of best players to ever play the game. Good thing here at Texas we don't let people like him embarrass or influence our fine players who are making us so proud about all of our current success! 

I said we saw how well it works. Get a QB face of the program who's outwardly Christian to deflect from the murderin' and rapin' the rest of the team is doing and the gropin' of young women the head coach is doing. 

I'm all for it.