Ewers in the portal

Bruh Man

35 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

This is the year blue chips have all the bargaining power with Texas. Once we are stacked deep with talent at every position (i.e. Bama), the NIL money will be spread around more, and Texas won’t be desperate about every high 4 star who looks our way.

I’m sure that’s exactly how it will play out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

i hate Herman. he is a childish dick.
but he was THE guy at the time we were hiring. the powers at be had no choice due to public perception of who Herman was as a coach. there would have been blood in the streets if we didn't hire Herman.
now we know everybody was wrong.

This is the issue with I have with the selections of coaches. Why in the fuck are you worried about public perception, especially at this point? Everyone always says you have to have a splash hire. Piss on that, get some mother fucker in that can coach.
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Gaffords said:

He's making an official visit this weekend and is supposed to make his announcement Monday.  

This weekend is supposed to be his last visit anywhere, and there are some rumors Evan Stewart is going to be with him this weekend.  

On a different note, Arch Manning and family are fine with a redshirt year wherever he goes. Eli redshirted his first year. The Manning's know there is no reason to rush things and a year learning the system before taking the reigns is nothing but a positive, and Quinn (more than likely) will only be at his next destination 2 years before moving to the next level.

*Mannings

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

mang i hope after all this handwringing , if he does come to atx, doesnt flame out like swoopes, glibert, and the other great tx hypes.

im not ready 2 b hurt again

one of those things is not like the other.

and hell neither is like Ewers.

(i have no idea about that, i'm just here for the night crew)

night tax

Stiletto Queens | Brad pitt and angelina jolie, Lara croft angelina jolie, Tomb  raider angelina jolie

11 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

Took it into my own hands. Will lay out my understanding of the Instagram post for my fellow social-media challenged surly users. 

• WTW is abbreviation/slang for "what's the word." Comparable "what's up." I think this is the topic of a prompt Xavier posted on his Instragram, which viewers (including QE) can type a message/response into that is sent to Xavier.
  • The text below "WTW" is what QE sent to Xavier in response to the prompt.
  • "BET" at the bottom is slang indicating approval or acceptance of a dare. As in, Quinn said he's going to look good in the UT uniform, and Xavier's response effectively means, "that's cool, I'm all for that, but let's see it happen" (i.e., commit already).

God...never felt older as a millennial as I do now. 

Here my Gen X interpretation:

WTW from Ewers - means I’m thinking about going to Texas

BET from Worthy - means I’m a bad motherfucker Longhorn and you better get your ass here yesterday.

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

mang i hope after all this handwringing , if he does come to atx, doesnt flame out like swoopes, glibert, and the other great tx hypes.

im not ready 2 b hurt again

Gilbert mostly flamed out because Mack was a dumbass and completely changed the offense and also promised Gilbert he wouldn’t bring in any other QBs. He sucked and then we had no alternatives.  

Swoopes was not hyped. He was a moronic QB1 take. He led his team to 2 wins his senior year in HS, as I recall. If a big kid like that can’t make his team dominant in small HS ball, he’s not any kind of winner. Good kid, but not good QB.

That was the part of Mack’s career when he had decided to just steal from Texas for a few years. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:
14 hours ago, Gidnik said:
10783116.jpeg

Can someone explain what I'm looking at?

Whence thou willst = it should be your wish to return to your provenance

BET = i am currently occupied watching a television entertainment network marketed for the people of my origin

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Whence thou willst = it should be your wish to return to your provenance

BET = i am currently occupied watching a television entertainment network marketed for the people of my origin

I was about to blast everyone as lame... 

"Oh, I'm old...."

No. Some of you are just square.

Whut it dew?

10 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

This is the issue with I have with the selections of coaches. Why in the fuck are you worried about public perception, especially at this point? Everyone always says you have to have a splash hire. Piss on that, get some mother fucker in that can coach.

why would they be worried about pressure from pretty much the whole UT fanbase at that time? everybody wanted Herman. everybody thought he could coach. people have short memories.

2 minutes ago, po elvis said:

why would they be worried about pressure from pretty much the whole UT fanbase at that time? everybody wanted Herman. everybody thought he could coach. people have short memories.

No. Not everyone. But a whole bunch of loudmouths on the net did and if you dissented you were shouted down and called an idiot, a potato Charlie backer, etc. 

It was one of the best examples of groupthink I’d ever seen and why you don’t make important decisions like that based on the whims of the internet. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

People we’re afraid he was gonna get picked up by someone else. So they rushed it. I’ve never been a fan.
No. Not everyone. But a whole bunch of loudmouths on the net did and if you dissented you were shouted down and called an idiot, a potato Charlie backer, etc. 
It was one of the best examples of groupthink I’d ever seen and why you don’t make important decisions like that based on the whims of the internet. 

This. People were afraid they’d miss the biggest name available. Piss on that noise.

Damn, boys, let's keep the bullshit about some guy who turned out to not like Ohio winters to a minimum,  'k?

The real question now is why almost all surly folk managed to avoid the primary questions about Herman: why is a day-drunk football coach arguing with radio talk show fuckheads live and in color, and how did that moron manage to beat 0U and lose to fucking UConn, Navy, and such? Is that really a guy we want to coach our team?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

People we’re afraid he was gonna get picked up by someone else. So they rushed it. I’ve never been a fan.

This. People were afraid they’d miss the biggest name available. Piss on that noise.

Yep.  Fear of Loss is a powerful motivation tool.  I was on that train early as well.  

For those not blinded by the bullshit, who else was available then or who should have been targeted?  I remember the cascading choices with Strong who was our 4th or 5th pick, but with Herman was there anyone else?

Just now, BabaYaga said:

Yep.  Fear of Loss is a powerful motivation tool.  I was on that train early as well.  

For those not blinded by the bullshit, who else was available then or who should have been targeted?  I remember the cascading choices with Strong who was our 4th or 5th pick, but with Herman was there anyone else?

Well, if Herman would have gone to LSU we could have picked up Coach O. I will admit to enjoying his press conferences more than Herman's. 

10 hours ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

i mean I feel like everything that is happening is because we want to write checks and need to know how much more than everyone else

Probably. That would sum up our ineptitude, but I'm having a little bit of hope going into the Ewers sweepstakes since it's apparently not about money. As for the recruits we're still NIL-ing, we shall see.