Ewers in the portal

Bruh Man

31 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

The third second QB to grade 1.0 (thought third was Trevor) and the last two won national championships. Hope this guy works as hard and gets a chance to achieve the same. Expectations are now sky high!

Edited by DanTheHorn
Someone pointed out I screwed up and had the wrong info

4 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

My bad I blindly believed that Trevor was a 1.0 at the end of the process due to info I saw on a board. He was only .9999

2 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

HUGE fuck up on your part. You were way off.

Unforgivable, really. 

But yeah, that just means one service had Lawrence #2 overall. I assume it was Rivals. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704842604574642811251227076

With less than a minute left, Texas faced a fourth-down desperation play from USC's eight-yard line.

The name of the play Texas ran was "Gun Left Jack Menu Two"—a quick slant pass to the outside receiver. Although fans and commentators fixate on a team's huddle before such a crucial moment, Texas had basically decided what play it would run in this spot days before the game.

"One of the things we do—and I'll do it before this game with Colt—is ask, if you have one play from the 5, what's your play?" says Mr. Davis, the Texas offensive coordinator. Four years ago, he says, Mr. Young said "quarterback draw," a running play for himself that would initially look like a pass play, but he correctly predicted the coordinator would prefer a slant, a quick throw to a receiver.

"I told him, 'The only reason my play is better than yours is, if mine's not open, it becomes a draw,'" Mr. Davis says. In the end, Mr. Young wound up sprinting to the right corner of the end zone to win the day for the Longhorns and deprive USC of a third consecutive national championship (one of which was shared).

PJ-AT068_SP_TEX_G_20100106185632.jpg

Edited by vox
  • Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, pops said:

Is he better than arch?

According to his 1.000 ranking (as a junior), yes.   But Arch and family don't have a problem with Arch redshirting his first year. Eli redshirted. 

the Mannings are football royalty. Arch and the entire family know this is his career. And his value only goes up the better he is in college, riding pine for one year while learning the system is a plus long term, and Ewer will probably only be here 2 years before moving on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

According to his 1.000 ranking (as a junior), yes.   But Arch and family don't have a problem with Arch redshirting his first year. Eli redshirted. 

the Mannings are football royalty. Arch and the entire family know this is his career. And his value only goes up the better he is in college, riding pine for one year while learning the system is a plus long term, and Ewer will probably only be here 2 years before moving on.

Yea, no way Ewers comes back after winning a national championship in 2023. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

I feel like you’re saying it Quinn AND Arch.  I like your moxie. 

• Hook 'Em 3