Ewers in the portal

Bruh Man

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also, you know who let KU score 48 points?  Tom Herman in his third year.

And, kindly identify the last UT head coach that was up four scores on OU.

Steve Sarkisian.

Spoiler

And Tom Herman had us up by 21

Edited by lilMAC25

This and the BIG commit we got from the elite OL are the type of things we've been needing around here to get us pointed in the right direction...   

Elite players  love playing with other Elites. All of a sudden you look at Texas and it has Bijan, Ewer, Worthy, and Banks, and Texas has elite skill players in critical positions, and recruiting big targets gets much easier...

Great job.from Sark. He's starting to bring in talent at Macks level. We will see if he can coach or not, but he's obviously one hell of a recruiter..

• Hook 'Em 1

This and the BIG commit we got from the elite OL are the type of things we've been needing around here to get us pointed in the right direction...   
Elite players  love playing with other Elites. All of a sudden you look at Texas and it has Bijan, Ewer, Worthy, and Banks, and Texas has elite skill players in critical positions, and recruiting big targets gets much easier...
Great job.from Sark. He's starting to bring in talent at Macks level. We will see if he can coach or not, but he's obviously one hell of a recruiter..

This is all great. As always though, talk to me in the evening of the second Saturday in October next year.
  • Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

Though I think it’s fair to ask how much we owe these results to Sark and how much to NIL opportunities at Texas that have recently come to light (and some that possibly aren’t they public knowledge)

• Like 2

Though I think it’s fair to ask how much we owe these results to Sark and how much to NIL opportunities at Texas that have recently come to light (and some that possibly aren’t they public knowledge)
No matter how much money we got, I don't think we get him with Tom still here.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

Calm down. He’s a long way from bringing in Mack level talent. Here’s hoping he gets there though

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Both Tacos said:

Like I said last week. It was a done deal. The visit was to get some puntang and his NIL deals lined up.

We need to talk about your spelling of the word poontang. As Texas grads, we each share in the common responsibility to maintain the erudite reputation of our fine institution. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

I get that, but not sure it makes any difference. I’m of the opinion that 2021 version of coach Sark sucked and that pulling in a lot of talent this recruiting cycle has way more to do with blind faith and NIL but who knows. At least he might have some talent to work with going forward. If he still sucks despite a talent infusion then on to the next guy I guess. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

So can someone explain the details of this rating system?

It's a weighted composite from multiple sites. Basically to be a 1.000 recruit you have to be the unanimous and clear #1 overall prospect with every site included in the composite rating agreeing on it.

So for example Trevor Lawrence's score implies that nearly every site had him #1 and one site had him #2. (Looked it up, it was ESPN who had Fields #1 and Lawrence #2)

Edited by Huckleberry

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3257805

this is going to be fun reading.  

And 4 of the 5 that have enough time under their belts were absolute busts in the NFL with the fifth (Vince Young) flaming out after a couple of years.

Granted, most had success in college but how much of that was because of them vs the talent on the teams they played for.

The verdict is still out on Lawrence and Fields.

Johnny Manziel: I made $33K for autographs at Texas A&M
  • Haha 2

So there's pretty much a 100% chance that everyone on texags is telling each other that Jimbo didn't offer and Haynes King is actually better anyway according to some scouts, right?

CHORTLE!!!

King? Probably not. Weigmann? You can set your clock to it..

1 hour ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

I agree, but it also shows that the folks behind the curtain are on board with Sark in a way that they weren't for Charlie and Tom. It only works when we all come together. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Disco Missile said:

I agree, but it also shows that the folks behind the curtain are on board with Sark in a way that they weren't for Charlie and Tom. It only works when we all come together. 

NIL basically didn't really exist before Sark. he just happens to be the coach when it came about.   Sark was always getting 4 years.  he has an incredible opportunity and I hope he doesn't waste it.

that said, Ewers doesn't come here if Herman is the coach, IMO, so I give Sark a good amount of credit for that one.  His resume was a big driver I'm sure.

• Hook 'Em 3