Big 10 Championship - Michigan vs Iowa - 7pm with Gus and Joel

Pancho

6 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Been about 13 years since Texas had a TE. I miss that. 

I swear that position is like Spinal Tap drummer or Grateful Dead keyboardist. If the guys we recruit stay healthy, that means they suck, but if they get injured, they were looking like good players. Who was that dude we had whose knee pretty much exploded against Rice? He was the last guy we had who looked like a player and I remember the knee injury was so bad there was no real talk of rehab. Just gratitude he would walk again. 

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I swear that position is like Spinal Tap drummer or Grateful Dead keyboardist. If the guys we recruit stay healthy, that means they suck, but if they get injured, they were looking like good players. Who was that dude we had whose knee pretty much exploded against Rice? He was the last guy we had who looked like a player and I remember the knee injury was so bad there was no real talk of rehab. Just gratitude he would walk again. 

Blaine Irby. Yep and yep. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

Blaine Irby.

He came back and caught some passes from Case in 2011. I’d argue that DJ Grant had a lot of potential, but he also had the misfortune of playing on the 2011 team.

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

Blaine Irby.

He came back and caught some passes from Case in 2011. I’d argue that DJ Grant had a lot of potential, but he also had the misfortune of playing on the 2011 team.

Going way back to Akers days we had a freak named William Harris who was as talented as any TE we've ever had on campus...He flunked out, wound up at Bishop College, and still got drafted and spent a few years in the league, but I think he had some bad injuries too, and there are weird holes in his resume that suggest other problems. He reminded me of a slightly bigger Jermichael FInley.

• Drool 1

Can't wait to see meat chicken shit the bed in the playoffs this year!

They could lose by a 100000. This season has still been better than I could have ever expected after going 2-4 last year.

Beating o$u and winning a big ten title for the first time in 10 and 17 years was more important for the future of the program that whatever happens on New Year’s Eve.

House money.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

Blaine Irby.

He caught a nice TD pass in one of his last games. He overcame foot drop from the nerve damage due to his knee dislocation. I think he also tore all 12 ligaments. A SJSU player had his leg amputated a year or two before Blaine’s injury, so I guess he was “lucky.”  He ended up with a nice prize, though.

C899-A0-D4-981-A-47-B1-8-B73-C77-F385-A7

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I read so many “yeah we suck, but at least we’re not Michigan. They’ll never be relevant again” comments on this site over the years. And I believed it. I never ever thought they’d win a conference title and make the CFP before us. Unreal.

Michigan is what we wish we were both academically and on the football field. Elite.