Horns With Heart News and Press Thread - Surly Help Requested

SydneyCarton

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Hes on there, only one I didnt see was Lourd not sure if he is on scholly or not. Also not sure if Harris is edge or LB

Oh shit. I completely missed him. Some of the positions could go either way. Dorbah, Harris, Oguofo could all be listed at edge. 

24 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

No Ibraheem on your spreadsheet. Is he officially off the team, or just suspended like Guilbeau?

I'm assuming that he's gone for good - but haven't seen anything official so I left him on there.

I assumed Lourd was a PWO.  Haven't seen anyone list him as a scholarship athlete.

FCB 

— Very cool announcement Monday morning that Horns With Heart, one of the key NIL initiatives for UT student-athletes, is teaming up with former Longhorn linebacker Derrick Johnson’s “Defend the Dream Foundation,” which helps re-invigorate school libraries in underserved areas.

Johnson’s foundation is investing $58,000 in the library at Oak Springs Elementary in Austin to create what Johnson calls student “Discovery Dens” in the library with new flexible furniture, bookshelves, flooring as well as new books that better reflect a diverse student population.

Horns With Heart student-athletes will work with Defend The Dream and Derrick Johnson by helping to build and create the actual Discovery Dens as well as becoming reading ambassadors to kids at schools, according to Rob Blair, one of the founders of Horns With Heart.  🤘

“Horns With Heart is equally excited to welcome home a Longhorn legend back to the great City of Austin and help him give back to our community,” Blair said.

To learn more about Johnson’s Defend The Dream Foundation, which has helped renovate libraries in more than 16 schools in under-served areas in Kansas City, Waco and now Austin, make sure you check out our recent Flagship Podcast interview with Johnson.

“When I moved back to Austin a few years ago, I wanted to continue my work with Defend the Dream and help those in need be able to reach their full potential,” Johnson said. “Partnering with an organization that supports my alma mater - UT - was a no-brainer. Horns With Heart really pinpoints the heart of what I believe in: people helping others in their own community.”

https://247sports.com/college/texas/LongFormArticle/Texas-Longhorns-spring-football-better-at-safety-Anthony-Cook-186734524/#186734524_1

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Animated GIF

im looking for a bunch of helpers to help with a task that’s internet based but could be a massive help for what we are doing in the NIL space and I frankly don’t have the capacity to get it done with enough time. If you are interested in helping please hit my PMs immediately 

• Hook 'Em 1