The Gun Owner’s thread

BigDHornfan

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Pretty sure I'm never going to get my hands on an MP7. Sick... Very sick.

Since that's not on my current list, and while I fiend for an MP3... 

I came across this in my far to frequent gun pron video habit.

Someone tell me why I shouldn't spend my hard earned money ($1500.00) on this item. It checks a shit ton of boxes and would fit in nicely with the crew....

99A172F-BB_2.thumb.jpg.76d7b6589d82e22745aafd4f1346db5c.jpg

Pistol, Banshee™ 300, MkGs, 9mm | CMMG Inc.
https://cmmginc.com/product/pistol-banshee-300-mkgs-9mm/

Looks cool.  I think you should buy it.

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Someone tell me why I shouldn't spend my hard earned money ($1500.00) on this item. It checks a shit ton of boxes and would fit in nicely with the crew....

Ever heard of the B&T TP9?  Worth checking out but it’s a few $100 more than the CMMG I think.  If you’re in Houston I’ll do the transfer for free if you buy it online.

10 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Do it.  Or go the Banshee 10mm route for a little extra punch.

With regard to the B&T - **Why not both**

11 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Make it a 10mm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Hmm, not the way my brain works.

See, I'll buy the 9mm rifle now and I will save a lot of money by not buying all that 10mm ammo. I can then  use all that money saved to purchase the rifle in 10mm at a later date. 

I'm clearly much more math oriented than you. NTTIAWWT

Tomato / Tomato

Gonna try and make the range this weekend and try out this new comp. It’s my first time using one so I doubt anything will go as planned. I also don’t have any extra springs it’ll probably not cycle anyways.
7330c9da516e8b6ab2058530ebb0c577.jpg

Also anybody running aiwb, google the scholl’s mod. Omg what a difference maker.

19c37ae07d0fc51f23aea8318b7d6a4e.jpg

Edited by deft

On 4/29/2020 at 4:09 PM, deft said:

Gonna try and make the range this weekend and try out this new comp. It’s my first time using one so I doubt anything will go as planned. I also don’t have any extra springs it’ll probably not cycle anyways.
7330c9da516e8b6ab2058530ebb0c577.jpg

Also anybody running aiwb, google the scholl’s mod. Omg what a difference maker.

19c37ae07d0fc51f23aea8318b7d6a4e.jpg

I have this on my T-rex sidecar rig for G19. The end of the barrel sticks out slightly from the holster.  When running a lot of rounds, adding the heel pad  keeps me from getting burns.  Glad to have had it.  Recently completed a 3 day defensive pistol course and the gun got very hot.  

4 hours ago, BayouBill said:

In you guys opinion, what is the best value pistol for under $500? Looking to add something but not looking to spend more than that. Just curious what some of ya'll would say.

Don't sleep on  Kahr for something in that price range.

One good strategy is to also shop various websites that deal in police trade-ins.   You can get some great values there and often upgrade to something that would otherwise be above your budget for a like new or gently used version.  My experience has been excellent and a few times, the guns I've received (Sig 226's come to mind) appeared to be NIB and I don't think they were every really issued.

I am about to purchase an awesome rifle I found, which fills exactly 0 new roles (have several in same range (whitetail/antelope flat shooting med size game)) but is an absolute wildcat round.  I do not reload.  I have a sickness. Will post if/when I can secure it. 

• Like 2

On 5/2/2020 at 9:06 PM, fattyflattie said:

I am about to purchase an awesome rifle I found, which fills exactly 0 new roles (have several in same range (whitetail/antelope flat shooting med size game)) but is an absolute wildcat round.  I do not reload.  I have a sickness. Will post if/when I can secure it. 

I wanna take a guess - Pre-64 Model 70 in .257 Roberts Improved.

Some fine stuff coming up for sale in mid-June through https://www.poulinauctions.com/

Day one has some incredibly cool old NFA stuff - day two has plenty of Purdey, Holland and Holland, Pre-64 Model 70's, classic shotguns, and custom rifles - Everything from early Griffin and Howe to Gunwerks.

Haven't really checked out the antique stuff on day 3 yet but a quick glance shows a lot of old lever guns and I'm sure plenty of SAA offerings.

Lots of great stuff to scratch any gun-itch - even ones you didn't know you have.

Edited by Reagan1k

looking for a rec on hearing protectors...not for shooting (although I probably use them for that) but really for yardwork.  I want hearing protection  and a music headphone combined, with bluetooth. 

Any decent ones that don't cost a fortune?  I tried the 3M ones that Lowes sells, and they sucked so I returned them. 

looking for a rec on hearing protectors...not for shooting (although I probably use them for that) but really for yardwork.  I want hearing protection  and a music headphone combined, with bluetooth. 
Any decent ones that don't cost a fortune?  I tried the 3M ones that Lowes sells, and they sucked so I returned them. 

Try the 3m ones from Home Depot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wanna take a guess - Pre-64 Model 70 in .257 Roberts Improved.

Ooh, now I need to do some more looking.

I ended up picking it up, 6.5-06. Not as sexy, though nearly identical to the -284, but I really liked the rifle. Let me see if I can get some pics put up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over ear: walker Xcel 500, they have Bluetooth.

I have the 100s which are the same minus Bluetooth. Really good. I use them for hunting, shooting and mowers/blowers

One of the guys that I work with just bought a pair of the 500s. He loves them. Uses them to listen to music while he’s at work.

I’ve got Howard Leight impact sports but they don’t have Bluetooth. They may make them with it now though.

16 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I fucked up and forgot to take pics of the target, so feel free to call me a liar.

I believe it.  I shoot empty 20 ga shells laid on end with mine to 75 yds all day.   Nice rig.  Sent off everything for my new 6.5, hope to get her in next week. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 8:23 PM, BurntEyes said:

Okay, I got everything finished on the SSS (Super Squirrel Sniper - no weird Nazi shit it's a play on some place I heard about somewhere) rifle. 

With a mild-moderate wind, (10 mph gusting to about 15) I was getting about 1/2" MOA at 100 yards. I fucked up and forgot to take pics of the target, so feel free to call me a liar. I will note, that MOA is off a sled so..

hits close to home. ive been recently obsessed with buying a marlin 60 and slapping an optic on it. nice set up 

18 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

hits close to home. ive been recently obsessed with buying a marlin 60 and slapping an optic on it. nice set up 

That's what I use. Marlin 60 and BSA Sweet 22 scope. Both are budget and it's a very handy combo for popping tree rats. 

FWIW, the rifle acton likes plated hollow point ammo much better than unjacketed lead like Thunderbolts, but in all things 22, YMMV.

Edited by crimsonlonghorn