The Gun Owner’s thread

BigDHornfan

2 minutes ago, GottaB said:

Hudson h9

Well done.  It's sort of a shame that they rolled out when they did.  Had they hit the market in late '19, '20's craziness might have been a springboard since everything is selling.

Not sure if they weren't capitalized properly or were just mismanaged, but today's market could cover up for a lot of sins in the short term while the kinks are worked out.

I hate seeing anyone swing and miss at a dream.

On 7/16/2020 at 11:00 AM, Reagan1k said:

Found it - Only been a couple of weeks - Colt Resumes

Yeah and the moment they come in they are gone! One thing I noticed between the Colt and the LWRC is the LWRC was flawless,, the colt had thin scratches on the barrel and I read that they are more of an assembly line mass produce so they throw barrels on top of each other because the military doesn’t care if they have scratches.

Good rounds. Used those for a while after testing out Remington’s Hog Hammer. I’ve since moved to Sub X.

Will the subX expand enough on hogs? And cycle reliably on a 300blk ar 10.5”?

Heard good things about the hog hammers, never seen them in stock since I’ve finished by build this spring

I have not had any cycling issues on my BO at 16 and have put down plenty of swine.
Do you have a can on it? Also, I order all my ammo in bulk online and rarely have issues.

Thnx, I’ll make a mental note of that when I next stumble on some of either.

And yeah run a Sandman K with a S currently in jail, should be out hopefully by October, maybe November

8 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Anyone know anywhere to get 9mm and 380 ammo?   Running low and really need to restock and can't find any.  I know lol dumbass.

Where are you located?  I haven't had any trouble finding 9mm from Carter Country.  If you go online you can buy bulk from the federal wesbite.  Go early on Tuesday to Academy that's when they get their shipments

Edited by FartingMonk
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

Where are you located?  I haven't had any trouble finding 9mm from Carter Country.  If you go online you can buy bulk from the federal wesbite.  Go early on Tuesday to Academy that's when they get their shipments

Thanks, did not think to order directly from federal, duh.  Did that. pos rep

On 7/18/2020 at 9:29 AM, Moby Ric said:

Anyone know anywhere to get 9mm and 380 ammo?   Running low and really need to restock and can't find any.  I know lol dumbass.

If you are in the DFW area, Scheels in The Colony had a crap-ton of Wolf 9mm.  Entire shelves of it.  Frisco Gun range had the .380.  Dozens and dozens of boxes.  

Most gun shops are keeping some 9/5.56/45 under the counter so that they can sell it with new gun purchases.

excellent reason to buy a new gun.  Just tell your wife you bought the Ammo you needed to protect the family and the gun was thrown in for free. 

Edited by Reagan1k
  • Like 2

Daily deal. Very good price. I have both one of these and the P365 and I like the Hellcat better. Both fit well in the pocket of my cargo shorts. (in a pocket holster, of course)

https://palmettostatearmory.com/springfield-armory-hellcat-3-9mm-micro-compact-pistol-hc9319b.html?

1513454829_ScreenShot2020-07-20at11_02_10.thumb.png.769dc16843614ceeba61fcaefea1ce0d.png

Edited by crimsonlonghorn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Daily deal. Very good price. I have both one of these and the P365 and I like the Hellcat better. Both fit well in the pocket of my cargo shorts. (in a pocket holster, of course)

https://palmettostatearmory.com/springfield-armory-hellcat-3-9mm-micro-compact-pistol-hc9319b.html?

1513454829_ScreenShot2020-07-20at11_02_10.thumb.png.769dc16843614ceeba61fcaefea1ce0d.png

i have a P938 and looking at this one or a P365.  have you ever dealt with 1791 Holsters.  Am looking at this new design they have for Ultra Custom Concealment holster.  It is leather but has a material in betweem that can be heated up to mold to the particular gun with hot water.  Kind of cool as leather feels better to wear then the kydex.

McBrides let me know today that the Saint Victor AR pistol I ordered in 300 blk might not be in for another 6+ months (ordered back in mid May). They said they get some of the 5.56s every few weeks so I asked them to just hold one of those for me if they get one in before the 300blks. Tired of waiting.

McBrides let me know today that the Saint Victor AR pistol I ordered in 300 blk might not be in for another 6+ months (ordered back in mid May). They said they get some of the 5.56s every few weeks so I asked them to just hold one of those for me if they get one in before the 300blks. Tired of waiting.

Call the gun store on 1431/Whitestone in cedar park.

http://mygunswarehouse.com

They have great inventory. Might not have that but worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

If you are in the DFW area, Scheels in The Colony had a crap-ton of Wolf 9mm.  Entire shelves of it.  Frisco Gun range had the .380.  Dozens and dozens of boxes.  

I was raised in The Colony before my parents move to Pilot Point when I was in 8th grade. I never thought of the name being weird till I moved here to Portland, and the gf laughed every time I said it.

Edited by workswithseed

17 hours ago, Handcruser said:

Call the gun store on 1431/Whitestone in cedar park.

http://mygunswarehouse.com

They have great inventory. Might not have that but worth a shot.

Thanks for the recommendation. Went there today and picked up a Sig M400 AR pistol instead and got what I paid McBrides back. 

You the man, Hand

• Hook 'Em 1

Thanks for the recommendation. Went there today and picked up a Sig M400 AR pistol instead and got what I paid McBrides back. 

You the man, Hand

Nice!!!!!

They always have stuff in stock. I have been multiple times during this panic and they are totally stocked on rifles and pistols.

3 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Nice!!!!!

They always have stuff in stock. I have been multiple times during this panic and they are totally stocked on rifles and pistols.

Yeah I was very suprised at how much they had. Picked up 1000 rds of 9mm while I was there too. Thanks again!

• Like 2

Yeah I was very suprised at how much they had. Picked up 1000 rds of 9mm while I was there too. Thanks again!

That’s always the fine line they walk... buy the guns themselves and keep the shelves stocked and either mark it up or go lower vs going off a distributor warehouse where the markups are built in and the stock is consistent across multiple gun stores.

Of the 2 lgs I use, one doesn’t have a distributor stock so what you see on their website is what they have in store and it’s impressive at times to see the amount of firearms they’ll have when everyone has 0. The other mainly uses a distributor and that’s what their online store lists, which means you gotta go walk in to see what might have arrived today. Which is interesting when on a Saturday I walk-in and see 10 Glock variants in their case and on Monday when I come pickup my finished work, it’s bare again.

It’ll keep your cruising in for walk throughs just to check and see if something new needs me to give a home.

18 minutes ago, BayouBill said:

If anyone is interested, I have 200 rounds of S&B 300 BLK 147gr I'm looking to sell. $120- if interested, dm me.

That's a very good price.  Below what the big on-line sellers would ask IF they even had it.

S&B makes nice pills.  Reliable and consistent quality.

Someone give this man his $$.

18 hours ago, Reagan1k said:

Sig dropped the P938 SAS  P938 SAS

No front sight - 

P938-SAS2B-BEAUTYLANDING-5.jpg

I look at those (P365 SAS) when I purchased my carry gun.  It takes a while to orient yourself.  I think it would cause minor hesitation/disorientation to switch from those sights, to traditional irons, and back, etc.  I think in low-light scenarios those would really shine - as long as the user trained enough with them.  

Okay, question for those in the know...or just have an opinion.  I bought three cans recently (.22 and 9mm for fun and plinking) and an Omega 300 for the bigger bore.  Currently, I only have .223/5.56 rifles, but would like to add something a little stouter, yet stealthy.  Would probably do more subsonic than anything.  Which would you do, .300BO or .308?

Mostly hogs and, maybe, a 'yote or three.

SBR legislation needs to go away.  What sling you rockin’?

Agree 100%

And it’s a magpul MS4 qdm sling.

Okay, question for those in the know...or just have an opinion.  I bought three cans recently (.22 and 9mm for fun and plinking) and an Omega 300 for the bigger bore.  Currently, I only have .223/5.56 rifles, but would like to add something a little stouter, yet stealthy.  Would probably do more subsonic than anything.  Which would you do, .300BO or .308?

If you want quiet .300blk, it would also allow you to just swap uppers with your ar15(s)

The sounds is gonna suck cause it’s an iPhone so it kinda cuts out on the .308 but here’s both running a sandman K, the shorty can for Deadair.

You’ll here a buddy comment why does it sound like a little blackcat or something like that for the 300blk running supers

Here’s the above pictured .308 with supers as well

In all seriousness-  if you love shooting a .308 a can will make it even more enjoyable but you’ll be shooting supers in almost all cases so it won’t be truly “quiet”.

if you want quiet, the BO subs give you that and then you can run supers when you want to reach out a bit farther.

The BO was born to run suppressed. 

That said, I run cans on 5.56, 300bo, grendel, creedmoor, and .308 and enjoy them more with a can than without.

Edited by Reagan1k

6 hours ago, Catpfish said:

I wouldn’t shoot a hog with a subsonic round. I’ve dropped them with a supersonic .300BO 

I really really like my 300 BO without a can. It’s not very loud shooting supers and the recoil is very minimal. Prob my favorite gun to shoot.

When I was looking at 308 in AR-10 I ended up switching gears and getting a 6.5 Creedmoor. I’m sending 30 less grains down range but it kicks less and is quieter. I’ll prob end up adding a 308 one day but take a look at 6.5C too. Bonus: 6.5C is one caliber that most of the shops still have. 308 was gone immediately in the frenzy.

Seems like a good deal for that, I’ve never looked at sig glass.

I like that it’s motion activated although I’m not a huge fan of ffp for a lpvo but that’s just me. Although I’m not really changing magnification enough for a ffp to really matter so the bigger reticle at max mag seems in theory to be a “con”. That being said have the reticle properly work at every mag is nice, although I’m guessing on a 1-4, it’s either gonna be 1 or 4

3 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Why?

I've shot one hog with a 300 Blk sub and dropped him, but don't use subs to hunt them.  I know they are just hogs, but I don't like shooting animals and having them run off to suffer and die.  I like quick kills, and sometimes it's hard enough dropping those bastards with a regular full powered round.  Shooting subs is cool, but more of a novelty for me.  If I'm trying to kill something, I want a full powered round round.   

3 hours ago, baboso said:

Anybody have any experience with Sig optics and glass?  This looks to be a good deal at PSA.  Scope alone is $499 every other place I can find.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sauer-tango4-1-4x24-riflescope-w-sig-sauer-alpha1-steel-hunting-mount-sot41111-a1.html

Sig Sauer Tango4 1-4x24 Riflescope w/ Sig Sauer Alpha1 Steel Hunting Mount - SOT41111-A1

I don't have one but researched them a lot.  I am a fan of FFP and have 2 of them, a 1-4x on my AR15 and a 4-14x44 on my AR10 .308  I think they are well suited for that platform because you can use them for ranging using the reticle.  The magnification of the reticle is not an issue because they are usually finer on an FFP scope and the reticle is the same ratio to the target at all magnifications. and this being a 1-4x it does not magnify it that much. This one has a horseshoe dot.  You'll use the horseshoe ring at low magnification/close range and the dot for longer range and higher magnification.  It is a good combination.

I love the 1-4X (mine is a Burris MTAC) on an AR because it is dual purpose for "patrol" and longer ranges.  At 1x with the illumination on it acts pretty much like a red dot and you can scan with both eyes open.  When I want to take a 100 yard shot I can close an eye and/or dial up the magnification all using the same optic.

Edit: Forgot to mention with that reticle and an AR-15 5.56  (IIRC) the dot should be your 25 and 100 yard impact and the bottom of the horseshoe should be 200 yards.

Edited by TexasEd