The Gun Owner’s thread

BigDHornfan

58 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Guess you are prepared for that asshole neighbor in case he tries any more shit?

Always

That’s basically the anti personnel part of the firearms stash. I always clean and shoot them first in the spring because they are the fun ones. The bear guns are next, and shooting the bear guns always hurt a little bit 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everything I’ve heard so far was they were looking into his private sales. I’m assuming some agent posted on one of his sales about wanting something and he probably took the bait.

The FOIA on this is gonna be real interesting.

No knock and talks, just a pre-dawn raid on someone they know has firearms and also know he works in a gun free zone

That Arkansas raid is some stupid cowboy bullshit like Ruby Ridge, etc. Infuriating.

On a lighter note, I’ve been looking for a Double Stack 1911 in 9mm for awhile and decided to go with the Springfield Prodigy. It fit my hand better than some other options and I like the features/design, I like Springfield, and there’s a lot of aftermarket stuff for them. I got this one reportedly unfired from a guy who had invested in an ignition kit upgrade that lowered the trigger pull, flat trigger, mag well, green dot and three extra mags. Shot it today for the first time and it is easier to shoot than my 1911 A1, but I’m still more accurate with the A1. The Prodigy needs some sight adjustment and more practice. It’s fun to shoot and a delight to handle.

d1feeef873f175fe4d8351e456f26030.jpg

This week I had my first tactical pistol shooting lesson with a lady FBI agent that taught at Quantico, and she kicked my butt. She’s intense. After breaking down all the shit I was doing wrong for about 30 minutes I had to think real hard just to get the pistol unholstered and on target. Things got better though and I’m going to be so so much better with a pistol after a couple more lessons.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Everything I’ve heard so far was they were looking into his private sales. I’m assuming some agent posted on one of his sales about wanting something and he probably took the bait.

The FOIA on this is gonna be real interesting.

No knock and talks, just a pre-dawn raid on someone they know has firearms and also know he works in a gun free zone

I’ve read the affidavit for the search warrant. If only partially true, that guy was a total dumbass and violating federal law. Does it mean he deserved to get murdered in his own house?  Probably not. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, 686 said:

This week I had my first tactical pistol shooting lesson with a lady FBI agent that taught at Quantico, and she kicked my butt. She’s intense. After breaking down all the shit I was doing wrong for about 30 minutes I had to think real hard just to get the pistol unholstered and on target. Things got better though and I’m going to be so so much better with a pistol after a couple more lessons.

It's so infuriatingly painful to become even semi-proficient.  I'm still so bad compared to many of my peers.  Worse still, it's such a perishable skill so you have to stay on top of it.  My damn thumb still hurts because I forgot my mag loader for the P365 and the springs in those little shit mags are still way too tight.  

Why I tell everyone that asks about home defense to get a little 9mm carbine like the Ruger PC-9.  Easy to operate.  Longer sight radius.  Can hold with two hands and anchor to your shoulder.  Minimal recoil.  Not expensive.  Fun to shoot.

27 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

It's so infuriatingly painful to become even semi-proficient.  I'm still so bad compared to many of my peers.  Worse still, it's such a perishable skill so you have to stay on top of it.  My damn thumb still hurts because I forgot my mag loader for the P365 and the springs in those little shit mags are still way too tight.  

Why I tell everyone that asks about home defense to get a little 9mm carbine like the Ruger PC-9.  Easy to operate.  Longer sight radius.  Can hold with two hands and anchor to your shoulder.  Minimal recoil.  Not expensive.  Fun to shoot.

IMG_1507.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/24/2024 at 10:44 PM, cabowabo said:

I’ve read the affidavit for the search warrant. If only partially true, that guy was a total dumbass and violating federal law. Does it mean he deserved to get murdered in his own house?  Probably not. 

He was violating the fuck out of 18 U.S.C. 921 and 922

https://www.kark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/85/2024/03/Ex.-1-Search-Warrant-003.pdf

Edited by 4th and 5

53 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

He was violating the fuck out of 18 U.S.C. 921 and 922

https://www.kark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/85/2024/03/Ex.-1-Search-Warrant-003.pdf

I had read that he was doing some sketchy stuff. But, unless he was about to run, I don't understand why they just didn't get him at his desk, the parking lot at work or just pull him over at the end of the street. Predawn kicking in the door of someone who keeps firearms is probably not going to end peacefully.   

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

Looks like 3 of his firearms ended up in Canada, a few were found during traffic stops where weed was present.

So on 923, he could only be charged once for selling for profit, a fine and no more than 5 years. In my 10+ years I’ve never seen one go to trial like this.

Potentially 1 felon was found with one to three of his glocks. I’m guessing this is the straw purchases they are alleging.

Under 922 he could be charged for each individual straw purchase if found guilty.

I’d imagine this is gonna get dragged out pretty thoroughly on Reddit

ShopRuger had some TripleK holsters marked down from $41.99 to $25.99. 
So my 65 year old Single Six .22 finally has some halfway decent leather to ride in when out at the family land. 
Got one for the Birdshead Single Seven .327 too. 

Both spending some time in the sunlight to loosen up the fitting easier.

IMG_5395.jpeg

IMG_5396.jpeg

IMG_2576.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2