The Gun Owner’s thread

BigDHornfan

1 hour ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Even the provenance is interesting as hell. 

There are some skeptics at the Colt forum about that, as they know some forgers are very expert at altering serial numbers. But a couple of the collectors have actually handled that same gun when it belonged in other collections decades ago.

This is going to be very interesting-the BATFE approach.  Asking for a friend: so, if you already own an AR-15 pistol with a brace, do you have to now get it registered as an SBR?  $200 more for $35 brace? Months of waiting?  Where does the pistol reside while waiting for your stamp?  Isn’t there a special engraving done on SBR’s?  Any grandfathering?  Using an EO to create this hassle is really disheartening.

7 minutes ago, Horn Draoi said:

This is going to be very interesting-the BATFE approach.  Asking for a friend: so, if you already own an AR-15 pistol with a brace, do you have to now get it registered as an SBR?  $200 more for $35 brace? Months of waiting?  Where does the pistol reside while waiting for your stamp?  Isn’t there a special engraving done on SBR’s?  Any grandfathering?  Using an EO to create this hassle is really disheartening.

They’ll be litigation on it for sure. Remember when Trump banned bump stocks with an EO?  Thanks to litigation, those are legal again. 

6 hours ago, Horn Draoi said:

Perhaps beto will come to everyone's home. While wearing his dress of course.  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Handcruser said:

Well sad news today.

I took my new toys out on my boat about 40 miles offshore and boat got swamped by a huge wave and I lost all 3.

Happy to be alive!

My brother recently offered to let me borrow his boat to transport my guns from one side of Lake JB Thomas to the other. That's a much quicker route than driving between Ira and Gail. I sure hope nothing happens to them while we are out on the water. FINGERS CROSSED!

On 4/9/2021 at 4:24 PM, Gil Bang said:

So that's interesting, that you believe GOP congress asswipes need to vote for something for it to be "bipartisan".  

If a good chunk of GOP voters support something that dems do, I don't give a fuck what GOP congress asswipes do, it's fucking "bipartisan".   

Get it through your head dude, the GOP is bought and paid-for by the gun lobby.  They aren't gonna do shit unless LaPierre tells them it's OK, regardless of what their constituents think. 

Fell better now?  Got that off your chest?  Any other kernels of wisdom you'd care to share with the rest of the class?

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 7:00 PM, fattyflattie said:

This bothers me less than 0%.

The literal only issue I have with the NRA is how they fucked away money.  As soon as they figure that out, American Rifleman will be back in my mailbox. 

Ditto.

Every word.

That said, as long as Wayne is their "Big Guy", it won't be figured out.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone believing that these Red Flag laws won't be abused on a wholesale level is completely out of touch with reality.  
Red flag is step one in a three step plan.  
Red flag --> Registry --> Confiscation

Slippery slope.
Give an inch and theyll take a mile.
Thats why cant give in to anything. Sad as it might be
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

On 4/10/2021 at 10:44 PM, Armybrat said:

Interesting read--knew that they used to confiscate guns at bars and towns.  Wild that people will now pay $250k+ for a gun that could've killed others over such confiscations.  Guns from the Earp brothers would probably be pretty expensive, same as any of the outlaws which killed lawmen.  Supposedly Virgil Earp did shoot others over confiscations since guns weren't allowed in town--one of the things that set off the OK corral according to the bottom podcast.  There have been gun laws as long as there have been guns, so I'm not of the slippery slope mind.  But I do enjoy reading about the various histories and guns that are available along with modifications.  

This is a good listen just for the history, including the James Gang and Butch and Sundance. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/87-gunslingers-outlaws-pt-2-pearl-hart-tombstone-jesse/id1291579828?i=1000514826930

Edited by Mdhorn

15 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Round up your silencers my friends.  You'll either need to sell them back to the government or you're going to prison.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ContentRecord_id=AEE41E92-A93D-4C8C-A8B1-CC3109C409DF

“Gun silencers and suppressors are dangerous and don’t belong in our communities. They hide the sound of gunfire from potential victims and law enforcement. Removing them will save lives,” said Sen. Feinstein. 

This is why the gun crowd cannot, and will not ever take these morons seriously or think they are ever operating in good faith.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• In Jacksonville, Florida, in December 2017, police arrested a man for planning to “shoot up” an Islamic Center. He was charged with possessing a silencer not registered to him that he purchased from an undercover detective. The man texted the undercover detective saying, “The suppressor is not really that 'quiet' but it can be used on the 4th of July or New Year (sic) time, it can easily blend with the sound of fireworks”.

Or how about this gem.....

Edited by cabowabo
  • Hook 'Em 1

Got my suppressor ordered today.  Just 8-10 months until it arrives!

And, after three months of back-and-forth bullshit, I FINALLY got confirmation that my two-stage trigger shipped yesterday.  Should be able to finally assemble my left-handed AR this weekend.  Which, coincidentally, is perfect timing.  I'm taking it with me tuna fishing next week.  You know.  To finish off those pesky tuna.  Forecast calls for spotty squalls.  I hope it doesn't fall overboard via a rogue wave or something silly like that.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

If you ever wanna know how stupid someone is with regards to firearms, have a discussion with them about suppressors. They believe the movie shit.

If is starts out with "silencers"......you have a pretty good idea who or what you are dealing with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

Fucking straight up moron fuel right there.

Beg to differ - They aren't morons.  They know exactly what they are doing - death by a thousand paper cuts sowing seeds of fear through the media with no regard for solving real problems.  They're currying favor with those well meaning folks who want "common sense" laws but don't advocate for banning all firearms.  Those gullible enough to side with these folks thinking they are helping enact reasonable legislation are just pawns.  The masses are playing checkers and these nuts are playing chess.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cabowabo said:

Round up your silencers my friends.  You'll either need to sell them back to the government or you're going to prison.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ContentRecord_id=AEE41E92-A93D-4C8C-A8B1-CC3109C409DF

They aren’t doing anything, that’s suckerbait and won’t go anywhere. They don’t have the votes. 
that being said, I’m going to prioritize getting my form 1 build done.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

1 hour ago, Reagan1k said:

Beg to differ - They aren't morons.  They know exactly what they are doing - death by a thousand paper cuts sowing seeds of fear through the media with no regard for solving real problems.  They're currying favor with those well meaning folks who want "common sense" laws but don't advocate for banning all firearms.  Those gullible enough to side with these folks thinking they are helping enact reasonable legislation are just pawns.  The masses are playing checkers and these nuts are playing chess.

That's why it's "fuel". 

It powers the useful idiots who feed at their trough.

We're saying the same thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

They aren’t doing anything, that’s suckerbait and won’t go anywhere. They don’t have the votes. 
that being said, I’m going to prioritize getting my form 1 build done.

If ya wanna know what a person believes, watch his feet, not his mouth.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1