BigDHornfan

The Gun Owner’s thread

On 12/2/2019 at 8:54 PM, Gil Bang said:

Hey guys.  So, I'm a realtor.  I was showing a foreclosure house (pretty trashed, the house, not me) yesterday. I was standing across the room when my client opened a closet. I'm taller than average, and I spotted something on the top shelf.  I reached up there, and shazam, 3 boxes of 9mm ammo.  The boxes looked very old, but the ammo appeared to be clean factory loads in the original tray dealies.  For frame of reference, the price tags were still on from a sporting goods chain out here, and it was 9 bucks and change for 50 rounds. 

I don't have a 9 but my nephew does.  Is this shit safe to fire?  Could anything go wrong? 

I'm not an expert but it should be fine.

Most ammo can be stored for decades without any degradation as long as it's kept dry.

On 12/2/2019 at 5:54 PM, Gil Bang said:

For frame of reference, the price tags were still on from a sporting goods chain out here, and it was 9 bucks and change for 50 rounds.  

Like you, I live in SoCal.  If the chain sporting goods store you're talking about is Big 5, they were selling 9mm ammo at that price point not too long ago, so I bet the rounds you found aren't that old.   Like several others have stated, there should be no problem.  

Edited by Carl Spackler

23 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Like you, I live in SoCal.  If the chain sporting goods store you're talking about is Big 5, they were selling 9mm ammo at that price point not too long ago, so I bet the rounds you found aren't that old.   Like several others have stated, there should be no problem.  

You guessed it.   But these boxes just look old.  Like 10-15 years old.  Cardboard is yellowed etc.

On 12/2/2019 at 12:37 PM, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Craig James orders these 5 at a time 

If you cut the hookers up, I bet you could get them into three. Unless they were fat hookers.

CHIEF