2022 Transfer QB Quinn Ewers

Getafix

52 minutes ago, TXRed said:

I hate to listen to FCB but it’s also Riley Dodge talking about Quinn.

Thanks for posting. That was awesome.  I think it's safe to say that Riley knows good QB play and to hear him talk about Quinn like that .... Especially glad to know that, if the situation calls for it, he can run.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TXRed said:

I hate to listen to FCB but it’s also Riley Dodge talking about Quinn.

Riley said that Quinn likes to hunt, fish, and likes country music… 🙄

Riley obviously doesn’t know shit about Q Da Fool.

Riley sounded like he was trying to read a script of what old white Texans would want to hear. (Obviously with zero awareness about what the fuck Fernet is, much less the various ways to consume it.)

The only things I got out of that interview are that: 

1. Quinn is not like Baker Mayfield. …and…

2. That Quinn can learn an offense.

3. Riley doesn’t know dick about the variety of songs on Quinn’s Spotify catalog.

Hope both 1 & 2 are true. 

PS- Riley doesn’t CYNAR.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Riley sounded like he was trying to read a script of what old white Texans would want to hear. (Obviously with zero awareness about what the fuck Fernet is, much less the various ways to consume it.)

3. Riley doesn’t know dick about the variety of songs on Quinn’s Spotify catalog.

PS- Riley doesn’t CYNAR.

You can tell by his social media Quinn really likes all three of those things. He just also has other interests.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

You can tell by his social media Quinn really likes all three of those things. He just also has other interests.

25 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

You know, it's possible to like hunting, fishing, and country music, but to also like hip hop and rap music. Shit, he might also like Slayer/metal, post-punk, hardcore, post-rock, math rock, slowcore, top-40, trap, soul music, classical, and even opera. 

Agree that a person can like all those things and more, it just sounded like Riley is either an idiot (doubtful), or he’s used to talking to idiots (highly probable), and he reeled off the checklist of mush-brained white Texas need to hear. (Depressing) Only left out church or he would have mentioned the Mt. Rushmore.

Thankfully we know that he has least lived outside the state for a few months (helpful since we will be recruiting nationally due to  aggie bags being dropped) and he knows Q Da Fool, since every WR we recruit isn’t going to be a Shipley. 

Just glad that Quinn isn’t as stereotypically 2-dimensional as his coach made him out to be. 
Just sad that that’s the kind of shit that the coach knows a majority of Texas fans want to hear. 

• Fuck You 6

13 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Agree that a person can like all those things and more, it just sounded like Riley is either an idiot (doubtful), or he’s used to talking to idiots (highly probable), and he reeled off the checklist of mush-brained white Texas need to hear. (Depressing) Only left out church or he would have mentioned the Mt. Rushmore.

Thankfully we know that he has least lived outside the state for a few months (helpful since we will be recruiting nationally due to  aggie bags being dropped) and he knows Q Da Fool, since every WR we recruit isn’t going to be a Shipley. 

Just glad that Quinn isn’t as stereotypically 2-dimensional as his coach made him out to be. 
Just sad that that’s the kind of shit that the coach knows a majority of Texas fans want to hear. 

Son played for Riley.  I like him - certainly massive upgrade over previous.  Southlake is a pretty high pressure high school coaching job.  Lots of helicopter parents,  Lots of expectations.  He has mastered coach speak and that's what you got in that interview.  Rumor was he was none too pleased about the late exit of QE before last season start,  but turns out the backup was pretty good, and they had a good season,  so I don't think there are any lasting hard feelings. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Riley's point was that Quinn chooses a simple life given his position amid all the choices available to him unlike Manziel and all the other media whore QB's who have been in similar positions. 

I wish the kid the best and hope he is everything i project him to be.  I usually don't go all in on recruits, as i have Q, as they are young, fickle and prone to crumble under the pressure.  That said, Q's talent is off the charts, imo, and i hope Q is as ice as they say he is. 

I not only hope he brings us some hardware i hope he's the first of back to back Heisman's we have here.  Then i hope he wins a few Superbowls.  I have small wants for our boy.      

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Riley's point was that Quinn chooses a simple life given his position amid all the choices available to him unlike Manziel and all the other media whore QB's who have been in similar positions. 

I wish the kid the best and hope he is everything i project him to be.  I usually don't go all in on recruits, as i have Q, as they are young, fickle and prone to crumble under the pressure.  That said, Q's talent is off the charts, imo, and i hope Q is as ice as they say he is. 

I not only hope he brings us some hardware i hope he's the first of back to back Heisman's we have here.  Then i hope he wins a few Superbowls.  I have small wants for our boy.      

Excited Oh Yeah GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Lol Dodge calls his hair "bad look, bad deal, a situation." At first I thought the hair screamed look at me in a Mayfield / Manziel way, so it's cool to hear (and to have seen over his recruitment) that he's just doing his thing. Going to be a lot of fun watching him sling it the next few years.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I’m not assuming that YOU want to hear this. (I don’t really know), but I can tell you- I don’t want to hear this.  
I love hearing about kids who can RELATE TO and RESPECT their Teammates. 
This whether they be white boys from S’Lake, Islanders from CA (Or Euless 😬) or Black dudes from “Beast TX” as they call it. 
Sark NEEDS this Team to gel like none other. I WANT this Team to gel like none other. If by immersing himself in the poetic renderings of “Q da Fool” (whoever that may be😂) helps Quinn relate to his Teammates..

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

You know, it's possible to like hunting, fishing, and country music, but to also like hip hop and rap music. Shit, he might also like Slayer/metal, post-punk, hardcore, post-rock, math rock, slowcore, top-40, trap, soul music, classical, and even opera. 

You left out Lawrence Welk.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

<==cloak room.

• Hook 'Em 8

8 hours ago, RollLeft said:

i hope he's the first of back to back Heisman's we have here.  

Wouldn't he be the third winner after Bijan takes it this year and X wins it next year? QE takes it in his third year here. He then goes pro and Arch wins it three years in a row because he loves Texas so much he refuses to go pro until his eligibility is up. 

(Now that's how you aggy.)

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

2 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

QB1

Obviously it's all window dressing at the moment but at least he seems like he TRYING to assume the role of leader of the By God Texas Longhorn football team. The  requirements are steep and the learning curve is great but maybe he's Neo and we're all in his Matrix.

On 2/21/2022 at 12:31 PM, TommyGufano said:

From the article:  “2020 killing of 30-year-old Caleb Solberg, of Moorhead”

My great-grandfather moved from Vijby, Denmark, to Moorhead, Iowa, in 1887. The family lived in a literal root cellar the first year in America. Moorhead is a speck of a town (pop. 199) in the Lowes Hills, so I figure I’m related to this poor Solberg bastard. I guess I’ll have to swear off mayonnaise in honor of my late maybe cousin.

RIP, Caleb. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
I guess it’s 197 now.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 2:11 AM, Napoleon said:

PS- Riley doesn’t CYNAR.

Dude you’re fucking weird.  

6 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

No, he’s Case, but can throw a spiral.

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Pretty hard to make that comparison without seeing his cinematography portfolio imo

I’ll wait to see if he faceplants after handing off to Bijan on the first play against Alabama.  

• Rage+1 1

The way “analysts” talk about this QB it’s hard not to go full on koolaidman.gif. This past weekend him bijan and worthy were doing an auto signing and I thought I really would just get bijan and worthy because…well I expect to be collecting their cards in a year or so. But if this guy is the next prodigy I will sadly be surprised and that jadedness, I do not like. I wish they could righteous gemstone it right out of me but it’s been a decade of my young, spoiled vy10 life… 

• Hook 'Em 1

The way “analysts” talk about this QB it’s hard not to go full on koolaidman.gif. This past weekend him bijan and worthy were doing an auto signing and I thought I really would just get bijan and worthy because…well I expect to be collecting their cards in a year or so. But if this guy is the next prodigy I will sadly be surprised and that jadedness, I do not like. I wish they could righteous gemstone it right out of me but it’s been a decade of my young, spoiled vy10 life… 
I'm kinda there as well...excited to see what he can do when it matters, have seen or at least read about too many "sure thing" QB's coming out of HS only to see a tiny percentage of them make it in CFB or the NFL. I mean the GOAT was almost completely unheralded, and given a roster spot at Michigan for backup depth more than anything else.
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, ousux said:
46 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I'm kinda there as well...excited to see what he can do when it matters, have seen or at least read about too many "sure thing" QB's coming out of HS only to see a tiny percentage of them make it in CFB or the NFL. I mean the GOAT was almost completely unheralded, and given a roster spot at Michigan for backup depth more than anything else.

God teaches us humility when we need it, not when we ask for it. 

So, basically, the last 10yrs are your fault.