2022 Transfer QB Quinn Ewers

Getafix

16 hours ago, Moderator said:

HEB had a beer called Sports or Sportz in the early 2000s.  Definitely the worst beer I ever had, but it was $4 for a 12 pack.  

edit:  Apparently I missed an earlier post speaking of the merits of Sportz.

I remember that shit, had ribbed cans like Mr. Pib and absolutely no information on the box. There was also a sportz ice I believe. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Moderator said:

HEB had a beer called Sports or Sportz in the early 2000s.  Definitely the worst beer I ever had, but it was $4 for a 12 pack.  

edit:  Apparently I missed an earlier post speaking of the merits of Sportz.

IMG_0598.GIF.f482f38e4201e09705eb8b3651d067de.GIF

I knew you guys would show up. +

On 3/3/2022 at 9:13 AM, Doc Reeves said:

Anybody else have to scrape the bottom of the barrel and get that H-E-B (?) brand beer ‘Sportz” circa the 90s? It came in a fucking textured can and was like $8.99 for an 18 pack? It tasted like stale, warmed over bum piss? It was discontinued in the late 90 but damn, it should have come with a pack of stained wifebeaters/undershirts. 

10 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Don’t know if you’ve ever tried it but coors made a beer for 8months called “red light” and it tasted like when you drink a lot of beer and throw up mostly beer with some vomit. Seriously, we bought a shit tonne for a party in HS because it was insanely cheap. No one drank more than 1 and for HS kids that’s impressive. They discontinued soon after.  

Years later my friend went to the Coors brewery for a tour. During the tour the cheerful girl outlined all the beers they had made and mentioned Red Lite because of its ultra low production. My buddy had to interject and mentioned that he had tried it and it was in fact famous for being the worst beer anyone has ever tasted longitudinally thru their entire life, and counting. The girl was impressed and said that’s amazing they produced so few that they didn’t even have any bottles to display. My buddy replied that he’s still got 4-5 cases of that shit in his garage in TX from 6 years ago that he is sure are still there because no one would ever drink it. 
The girl talked to him after the tour and they made a deal to trade the Coors brewery the 4 cases of Red Lite for a pallet of Coors light and a couple thousand $. He was in the military and had the pallet delivered to the barracks where it lasted about 2 1/2 weeks between everyone /CSB

Coors was the brewer of Killian’s Red.

I’m sure that this was their attempt to tap into a market that they wrongfully imagined existed. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Don’t know if you’ve ever tried it but coors made a beer for 8months called “red light” and it tasted like when you drink a lot of beer and throw up mostly beer with some vomit. Seriously, we bought a shit tonne for a party in HS because it was insanely cheap. No one drank more than 1 and for HS kids that’s impressive. They discontinued soon after.  

Years later my friend went to the Coors brewery for a tour. During the tour the cheerful girl outlined all the beers they had made and mentioned Red Lite because of its ultra low production. My buddy had to interject and mentioned that he had tried it and it was in fact famous for being the worst beer anyone has ever tasted longitudinally thru their entire life, and counting. The girl was impressed and said that’s amazing they produced so few that they didn’t even have any bottles to display. My buddy replied that he’s still got 4-5 cases of that shit in his garage in TX from 6 years ago that he is sure are still there because no one would ever drink it. 
The girl talked to him after the tour and they made a deal to trade the Coors brewery the 4 cases of Red Lite for a pallet of Coors light and a couple thousand $. He was in the military and had the pallet delivered to the barracks where it lasted about 2 1/2 weeks between everyone /CSB

Between surly posters and their tertiary connections, I'm pretty sure we know everybody in the world and own everything that was ever made. 

7 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Red stripe is an import. Imports are full alcohol content. But they cant be sold cold. 

All domestic beer in Oklahoma is 3.2. At least it was back in the day. 

Another reason OUsux

Oklahoma did change the law allowing regular point beer. OU and Oklahoma still suck though 

• Hook 'Em 1

Back in the late 70's, when Jimmy Carter was president, his brother Billy had a beer named after him that he was promoting. 

Billy Beer Logo.png

it was bad, really bad.  I remember one summer the Piggly Wiggly on El Camino Real in Clear Lake had it on sale for ~$6.50 a case, plus tax.

5 hours ago, Speedway said:

Back in the late 70's, when Jimmy Carter was president, his brother Billy had a beer named after him that he was promoting. 

Billy Beer Logo.png

it was bad, really bad.  I remember one summer the Piggly Wiggly on El Camino Real in Clear Lake had it on sale for ~$6.50 a case, plus tax.

My dad bought a 6 pack as a souvenir. Kept it in the pantry. Even after time went by and they exploded 1 after another. 

I worry about that man. 

10 hours ago, Speedway said:

Billy Beer Logo.png

Lord I remember that garbage.  I bought a case when some friends came by one weekend. I think 3 beers were drank out of the case and I got stuck with the rest.  They sat in the fridge for weeks.   I couldn't even give them away no matter how hard I tried. Finally wound up throwing them away.

11 hours ago, Speedway said:

Billy Beer Logo.png

4853FA20-E2E3-456B-8519-2ABC52264EBF.thumb.jpeg.0d566041e7bdefcedc5de0ed9b0eaca0.jpegGot one on one of my bar shelves right next to the JR beer.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 3/10/2022 at 12:40 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

A store called Eagle that had all sorts of sketchy shit in Alief in early 80s. Which was before Alief really turned sketchy. I was too young to ever sample it but I'm sure it was rank

6cdf39bee7cbc8e3785a20cdd9dc17a8.jpg.ce8b3047c61a8dd56b0d51c6f450855c.jpg

didn't they used to sell that at Joe's Generic Bar?

On 3/18/2022 at 6:24 AM, Speedway said:

Billy Beer Logo.png

They should’ve paid customers that much to haul it off for disposal.

• Hook 'Em 1