2022 EDGE Ethan Burke

Hiphopopotamos

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/24/2021 at 6:29 PM, Atticus said:

Burke was a force in that game. I was unimpressed with Vasek. 

Additionally, Burke looks good in Vasek's highlight film, but Vasek doesn't look as good in Burke's.

Then you consider Burke is still raw wrt what he's gonna become physically. Very excited about this guy.

Burke is ahead of schedule, which is a blessing due to our need at the position. This guy is gonna be a day 2 pick if he continues his current trajectory. Still very excited about this guy.

Vasek also looked much better in his senior film and I'm glad he's a horn.

On 9/10/2023 at 1:58 PM, Atticus said:

Burke is ahead of schedule, which is a blessing due to our need at the position. This guy is gonna be a day 2 pick if he continues his current trajectory. Still very excited about this guy.

The trajectory is heading towards a Day 1 pick. 6'7", athletic, and a great motor. The dude is jumping off the screen right now. 

• Hook 'Em 3

They show a replay on a random play in the first half. Burke fires off at the snap and his arms are so long he's able to punch the OT before the OT is ready for it and it shocks him. The ball goes to the other side but it was a perfect visual representation of why arm length matters.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Another longtime Westlake follower here.  Burke and Vasek were obviously monsters at Westlake - tenacious, smart, and long.   I was pretty excited to see them both flip to Texas.   Conversely, I couldn't tell what the hell the Longhorns were going to do with Breckyn Hager - he was absolutely a one trick pony in high school.  All he ever did was blindly try to run around the tackle to get to the quarterback.   Never a fan there.

Really happy to see Burke coming through at the next level - he always played hard and clean and was a lot of fun to watch.

• Hook 'Em 5

I used to think that, but fuck it, he's Tazmanian devil out there. Here's to dad bods everywhere

Burke (91) reminds me of a young Robison. Not only did he excel for us, but had a decade + in the League! Add about 15-20 of “good pounds” to his frame in the next year or so and the NFL will be licking their chops!

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1

Another longtime Westlake follower here.  Burke and Vasek were obviously monsters at Westlake - tenacious, smart, and long.   I was pretty excited to see them both flip to Texas.   Conversely, I couldn't tell what the hell the Longhorns were going to do with Breckyn Hager - he was absolutely a one trick pony in high school.  All he ever did was blindly try to run around the tackle to get to the quarterback.   Never a fan there.

Really happy to see Burke coming through at the next level - he always played hard and clean and was a lot of fun to watch.

Shame on you!!! Britt Hager was my “idol” growing up in HS!!! Shame on you! He wasn’t surrounded by like minded individuals- IMO!

Hook’em!!!

2 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Shame on you!!! Britt Hager was my “idol” growing up in HS!!! Shame on you! He wasn’t surrounded by like minded individuals- IMO!

Hook’em!!!

Yeah, Britt Hager was great, no doubt.  Breckyn?  Not so much.  Didn't have the body for an end, and didn't have the tools to be a LB.    Burke and Vasek both have the right tools to continue to excel.  That Breckyn got so much playing time at UT says enough about that era. 

37 minutes ago, nozatx said:

....That Breckyn got so much playing time at UT says enough about that era. 

That 3 years of no rushing upfield and just try to keep the mobile qb in the pocket and pray, was so brutal. And then the next 3 years of awesome safety blitzes from 25 yards back was almost as bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Hook’em!!!

Thank god he wasn’t surrounded by like minded individuals because Breckyn was the dumbest mother fucker on the team.

• 5 months later...

Ethan is going to play in the pros, not sure if he's a first round talent yet.  He has the frame, the length, the motor, and the quickness to be high round draft pick.  Texas lists him at 257.  If he can get to 270, the dude is going to be projected high.  This was his first year starting and he made some big plays against some good teams.  Hell I remember him abusing the Bama OL multiple times.  What a great evaluation by the staff.  Dude was heading to Michigan before the Texas offer so that should tell you what Harbaugh thought about him.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Ethan is going to play in the pros, not sure if he's a first round talent yet.  He has the frame, the length, the motor, and the quickness to be high round draft pick.  Texas lists him at 257.  If he can get to 270, the dude is going to be projected high.  This was his first year starting and he made some big plays against some good teams.  Hell I remember him abusing the Bama OL multiple times.  What a great evaluation by the staff.  Dude was heading to Michigan before the Texas offer so that should tell you what Harbaugh thought about him.

In order for him to get to 270, it needs to be a JJ Watt 270 and not a Little League coach 270. 

• Haha 1

He’s not the twitchiest guy, but if he learns to combine his leverage with his eventual strength, he’s gonna be a big problem. He’s winning with sheer grit right now

He's not a first rounder yet unless he takes a major jump this year. 

Edited by Atticus
  • Hook 'Em 1