Spider-Man No Way Home

Aslan24

14 hours ago, remoh said:

Yeah what the fuck. FoR me its worse cuz its named after another (older) movie. Its not some randomly unused name mistake. Lets change the title. Or nuke this thread. or nuke me. But something needs nuking!!!!!!!

I nuked your mom last night. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

On 12/20/2021 at 4:50 PM, Bookman said:

I probably should have spoilered my post. But if you haven't seen it and you're clicking on a Spider Man thread, you kind of deserve it.

Nobody should be spoilering their posts. This is a thread talking about the movie. If you haven’t seen it and don’t want any spoilers, then you’re a dumb fuck for clicking on this thread. Yes, I’m talking to you.

Just saw it with my kids and really enjoyed it. When I first saw Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield, I thought it might go in a bad direction. But they were awesome. And I say this as someone who thinks Tobey Maguire is one of the world’s worst actors.

Really looking forward to seeing more Daredevil.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

Nobody should be spoilering their posts. This is a thread talking about the movie. If you haven’t seen it and don’t want any spoilers, then you’re a dumb fuck for clicking on this thread. Yes, I’m talking to you.

Just saw it with my kids and really enjoyed it. When I first saw Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield, I thought it might go in a bad direction. But they were awesome. And I say this as someone who thinks Tobey Maguire is one of the world’s worst actors.

Spoiler

Edited by remoh

Maguire always looked like he was about to start laughing. I’d guess he was high as fuck while filming.

49 minutes ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

Saw it on Saturday and enjoyed it a lot! Can't remember the last time where the third movie of a series didn't suck so badly.

Thor Ragnarok? Not that the bar was very high after Thor: TDW. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

So to comment on why TH wouldn’t hit the reset button and acted “dumb”.

this was the delayed origin story, he never had the moment that made the other spideys jaded.

He has continued to be the chipper save everyone friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

Even AG and TM said so much, that they gave into that hate/anger and stopped pulling their punches. TH was going thru that right now against Green Goblin

Also, so from mere to we get Ned Leeds as hobgoblin since they went kinda heavy handed on the best friend turned nemesis, or will he take a double turn and go heel and then mystic protector.

And in the breaks we saw Kraven the hunter, Rhino and it looks like scorpion even though it appears like we have scorpion still incarcerated with Michael Keaton.

Really liked this movie even though usually part 3 of these movies can usually be pretty meh. Not including Thor Ragnorok

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/23/2021 at 2:50 PM, Speedtrucker said:

So to comment on why TH wouldn’t hit the reset button and acted “dumb”.

Hide contents

this was the delayed origin story, he never had the moment that made the other spideys jaded.

He has continued to be the chipper save everyone friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

Even AG and TM said so much, that they gave into that hate/anger and stopped pulling their punches. TH was going thru that right now against Green Goblin

The “dumb” wasn’t for lack of jadedness or revenge, it was the choice to put countless innocents at risk to try to rehabilitate super villains from other dimensions. It cost him May, nearly MJ too, and for half the movie he didn’t know he was going to get reinforcements from TM and AG. Maybe naive is a better adjective than dumb, but shit could’ve easily ended a lot worse for the people of NYC. Also, the multiverse seems fucked up because of it. 

Since Strange’s spell reached into other realities, thus others coming or trying to come over, does that mean the final spell nuked everyone’s memory in every reality, so when TM gets home will Kirsten Dunst and happy Gilmore grandma version of Aunt May have no clue who he is?

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 12:32 AM, Hmbre97 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm curious to see in what capacity they bring Daredevil into the MCU. This times up perfectly with this weeks episode of Hawkeye when they reveal Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin as their new villian. 

goddamnit wasn't expecting spoilers for other shit in this thread

9 hours ago, mdmost said:

I enjoyed it. Loved the ending. Saw that Sony wants Anya Taylor Joy to play Black Cat in the next movie. I could see it. 

The naughty/nice female burglar has been done so many times on screen with Catwoman (about to be another retread in March). Really wish they'd go the Silk route rather than Black Cat. Cindy Moon has already cameoed in Homecoming and Infinity War, the role is already cast if they want to stick with Tiffany Espensen.

cindy-moon.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=737&h=368

Edited by smuggs

Apparently this movie is kicking all kinds off ass. Almost $600 million so far.

Over $1B now. First pandemic movie to do so.

Just saw it with the wife and 15 year old daughter. Really liked it, daughter cried a lot. I wasn’t feeling the first half with Parker being dumb and him fighting Strange, but they brought it home really well.

The de-aging tech is really something. Molina and Defoe looked just like their 20 years ago selves. I was probably most pumped about the Murdock cameo, I didn’t know that was coming. Loved the DD series on Netflix.

It had some fun parts but what a dumb premise for a movie.  All the conflict/stakes came from SM and DS repeatedly making the most dumb and naive possible decision.  And apparently that is going to be the basis for the next DS movie too.

Pretty pretty good, everyone complaining about how stupid Spider-Man was has never read Spider-Man. His whole thing is about doing the right thing cause someone told him that responsibility makes you more powerful or something

Not everyone reads comic books, no shit. It didn’t fit with the MCU Spider-Man who has traveled the cosmos fighting existential threats to humanity. And he got on board with the plan pretty quick when he got his ass kicked and lost May. The other two had to talk him out of it.

Really liked.  Love it in that it got my daughter obsessed with the other Spiderman movies.  Binged watched with her the other SM Holland movies and moved on to the ones with Garfield in them.  My son and I have watched every Marvel movie together and it's a great conversation piece when we hang out.  Now my other one has been reeled in.  Last night we had the conversation as to who on the Avengers SP could "take".  

That was such a fun movie. Really enjoyed how they usher in Tom Holland's Spiderman into... well just being Spiderman and not part of the Avengers. I hope the money and creativity is there for him to knock out another trilogy. He was the most believable for me as a high school kid figuring out his superpowers. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Not everyone reads comic books, no shit. It didn’t fit with the MCU Spider-Man who has traveled the cosmos fighting existential threats to humanity. And he got on board with the plan pretty quick when he got his ass kicked and lost May. The other two had to talk him out of it.

As other people pointed out this is his "Uncle Ben gets killed cause I didn't do the right thing" moment in the MCU. Now no one knows who he is and hes reset back to the original Spider Man of the 60s vs the mature cosmic saving Spider Man of the 00s

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • blacklab changed the title to Spider-Man No Way Home

Watched it today in a mostly empty Cinemark, first in person movie since COVID and holy shit it was worth it.  It’s got to be a top 5 all time Marvel movie, they did an absolutely amazing job setting everything up and even with 5 villains (I honestly kept expecting #6 to show up) and 3 Spider-Men it didn’t feel clunky of underdeveloped like the Eternals.

Curious to see if they do any more tie ins with the old F4/X-men/Deadpool or Netflix Defenders/Punisher with the multiverse.  Can’t wait to see what they do since MCU Spider-Man 4 is a go.

Sony has to be thrilled with their deal to get the Venom cameo and I saw Michael Keaton’s Vulture in the new Morbius so this will only help drive viewers to their “universe” and I’m curious to see when/if they ever introduce Spider-Man into it other than passing references.